Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Nemo musical in AK- and living seas Nemo in the News & Rumors forums; Just Announced: New Nemo Musical at Animal Kingdom; The Seas with Nemo & Friends at Epcot! LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (April 7, 2006) -- "Finding Nemo--The Musical," will debut late ...
    kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder

Exclamation Nemo musical in AK- and living seas Nemo

Just Announced: New Nemo Musical at Animal Kingdom;
    The Seas with Nemo & Friends at Epcot!

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (April 7, 2006) -- "Finding Nemo--The Musical," will debut late 2006 in the former Tarzan Rocks! location at Disney's Animal Kingdom. It will bring the undersea world that charmed audiences in the Disney presentation of the Pixar Animation Studios film "Finding Nemo" to life in an all-new stage spectacular featuring original songs by Tony Award-winning "Avenue Q" composer Robert Lopez and a cappella musical "Along the Way" composer Kristen Anderson-Lopez.

The Seas with Nemo & Friends will open in Fall 2006 at Epcot at The Living Seas pavilion. It will be a whimsical and visually stunning attraction in The Living Seas pavilion featuring technology that for all appearances has the stars of "Finding Nemo" swimming amid the live marine life of the huge aquarium in an adventure that picks up where the motion picture left off.

all info i just copied from allearsnet.com
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Wow! so all the neysayers who said they would not put "Nemo" in the AK cuz it didn't fit in were wrong!! It's a Nemo world, folks!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

lol

i'm not big on the idea of the nemo going into AK
    it doesn't fit in with me
    because it is right at the edge of dinoland so how does it tie into that??
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by kylewhit89
    lol

i'm not big on the idea of the nemo going into AK
    it doesn't fit in with me
    because it is right at the edge of dinoland so how does it tie into that??
    I'll agree with you on the AK show. Not only was Finding Nemo not a musical, but the theme doesn't fit in with Dinoland or Asia. It just seems strange.

I also find it interesting that they announced the new technology for the Living Seas, or should I say "The Seas," but they didn't announce a new "ride" like the seacabs or something. I would have thought that they would, but who knows.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    I don't get it either..What music did they have in finding nemo? I think Disney could have done something much better.
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    Nathan or Lou,

Do you think this could be a new land/area that they're thinking about making? I wonder if there's enough land over there to make something new, considering how little the show fits in with the themes there now.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

GoofysMommy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Man I was super hoping a Hercules muscial would be in the works. I love the music in that flick!

I guess I'll hold judgement until I see it I guess...
    Chellie the Pirate Princess

Goofy Paul Anka Lunt

My Billy loves to eat !

http://www.myspace.com/goofysmommy

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    That new technology "that for all appearances has the stars of "Finding Nemo" swimming amid the live marine life of the huge aquarium" sounds suspiciously like what they have been developing for the submarine lagoon out in Disneyland.

There is a CD out of Finding Nemo: Ocean Favorites, featuring songs like "Sea Cruise", "Gone Fishin'", "Saturday Night Fish Fry", and everyone's favorite "Three Little Fishies". I can't imagine what they would put in a musical, but I guess we'll be finding out.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

thanks so much pat!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I was convinced by the discussions on Nemo and it's lack of music and unusal theme for that area that Nemo was NOT going in at that location. Boy, we got surprised with that one.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    So much for my theory and reasoning.

I was actually hoping for a "Nathan Sings The Disney Hits" stage show extravaganza, but, alas, my dreams have been shattered once again.

"First Jennifer Love Hewitt, now THIS!!"
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004

There is a CD out of Finding Nemo: Ocean Favorites, featuring songs like "Sea Cruise", "Gone Fishin'", "Saturday Night Fish Fry", and everyone's favorite "Three Little Fishies". I can't imagine what they would put in a musical, but I guess we'll be finding out.

I have that CD- my kids love it! It is really good. Can't wait to see this attraction.

nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    Benjo,

I don't think they will be changing any of the surounding areas so it will probably appear very out of place...

Lou...I like you idea! If I can't have my stage show lets just go whip out a Nathan Sings Disney CD
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    I'll see it once so I can describe it to people...but I won't clap!

Long Live Tarzan Rocks!!!!
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

C#ern@b0g is offline I have great faith in fools; self-confidence, my friends call it...
    I don't understand the fit on this one at all. Heck, I would have rather they put something obscure like Rescuers Down Under in AK instead of Nemo. Since AK has this exotic, tribal feel to it, why not give us something from Atlantis if you just had to have something aquatic?

They're(Finding Nemo) obviously one of the most natural fits for the Living Seas, and I like the addition of Nemo there.

I'm thoroughly confused by this one. I hope the show is a good one though...
    I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it - Edgar Allan Poe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast