During 'Year of a Million Dreams' Celebration
Disney Cast Members to Award a Million Magical Dreams
From an Overnight Stay inside Cinderella Castle to a Golden FASTPASS, Dreams Big and Small to Come True During a First-of-its-Kind Celebration That Also Features New Attractions and Entertainment at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts
BURBANK, Calif. (June. 7, 2006) -- From an overnight stay inside Cinderella Castle to a Golden FASTPASS, dreams big and small will come true at Disneyland and Walt Disney World resorts during Disney's "Year of a Million Dreams," a first-of-its-kind celebration of the individual dreams of Disney Parks guests.
The year-long celebration, beginning Oct. 1, 2006, at Disneyland Resort in California and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, will feature the debut of an incredible lineup of new attractions and entertainment at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World resorts, plus new technologies that allow guests to customize their Disney park experience.
And, for the first time, during the "Year of a Million Dreams" celebration, Disney cast members will award a million dreams -- both large and small, including many "money-can't-buy" experiences -- to guests selected through a random process as part of a unique "Disney Dreams Giveaway" promotion.
"Throughout this incredible celebration, special dreams and unique experiences once thought impossible will be awarded by our cast every day," said Jay Rasulo, chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. "Disney parks are always the place where dreams come true -- but even more so during the 'Year of a Million Dreams.' "
The "impossible" includes the creation of over-the-top, overnight experiences for winning guests at both East and West Coast resorts: a royal bedchamber inside Cinderella Castle at Walt Disney World Resort and a Mickey Mouse Penthouse at Disneyland Resort, both expected to be complete by January 2007.
A day of royal treatment will end with a night of enchantment inside Cinderella Castle for a different lucky guest each night. Cinderella's royal bedchamber, now under construction at Magic Kingdom, will allow Disney guests to stay overnight inside the park and enjoy a view shared only by Tinker Bell. The lavishly decorated bedroom will be located in a space originally planned as an in-park apartment for the use of the Disney family.
And for a lucky Disneyland guest, each night, the all-new Mickey Mouse Penthouse at Disneyland Hotel will pour on the Mickey charm and include magical views overlooking both Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure parks. The extraordinary penthouse will be decorated in all things Mickey, with finishing touches by none other than Minnie Mouse herself.
In addition, during the year-long celebration, other Disney dreams both large and small will be awarded in the "Disney Dreams Giveaway" promotion, such as:
Traveling to each Disney resort around the world to serve as grand marshal in a Disney parade.
A variety of unique Disney vacation experiences.
Admission to special parties and other extraordinary experiences in the Disneyland and Walt Disney World parks.
Private meetings with favorite Disney characters.
Or, a Golden FASTPASS ticket with unique access entitlements to some of Disney's most popular attractions.
New Attractions and Entertainment Planned for the "Year of a Million Dreams"
Throughout the "Year of a Million Dreams" celebration, Disneyland and Walt Disney World resorts will debut major new attractions:
Disneyland Resort in California
• Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage -- Inspired by Disney- Pixar's "Finding Nemo," this all-new E-ticket adventure will take guests on a real (and unbelievable) underwater excursion. (Summer 2007)
• Rockin' Space Mountain -- Space Mountain is getting a new twist. Thanks to new lighting and technology, Disney's classic attraction will become a new experience in which rockets will rock it through the greatest concert in the universe. An all-new soundtrack will fit the exciting twists and turns of Disney's rocket classic. (Spring 2007)
Walt Disney World Resort in Florida
• "The Seas with Nemo & Friends" at Epcot -- Nemo is lost -- again -- and guests aboard "clam-mobiles" join his friends to search one of the world's largest saltwater aquariums for the playful clownfish in a stunning display of new entertainment technology inspired by Disney-Pixar's "Finding Nemo." (Late 2006)
• "Finding Nemo-The Musical" at Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Also inspired by Disney-Pixar's "Finding Nemo," the Great Barrier Reef comes to colorful life in an all-new musical filled with spectacular scenery, elaborate puppetry and music by a Tony-Award-winning composer. (Late 2006)
• The Laugh Floor Comedy Club at Magic Kingdom -- Guests find the power of laughter in an engaging and interactive new adventure inspired by Disney-Pixar's "Monsters, Inc." as they match wits with the one-eyed hero Mike Wazowski and his friends. (Early 2007)
Additionally, special entertainment and programs will be in place at the parks and resorts to accommodate the desires and wishes of would-be Disney Princesses, pirates, adventurers and space explorers. Guests will be able to customize their visit to a Disney park to pursue the "Dream Track" of their choice with on-line planning tools and in-park technology to help them become the hero or princess they've always dreamed of being. For more information about the "Year of a Million Dreams" celebration and the "Disney Dreams Giveaway" promotion, visit www.mydisneyparks.com. Look for future announcements with the details of the "Disney Dreams Giveaway" promotion. No purchase necessary and subject to promotion official rules which will be available on Oct. 1, 2006. Odds of winning any prize will depend on the number of eligible entries. Void where prohibited.