Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss During 'Year of a Million Dreams' Celebration in the News & Rumors forums; Official Press Release from tonight's event: During 'Year of a Million Dreams' Celebration Disney Cast Members to Award a Million Magical Dreams From an Overnight Stay inside Cinderella Castle to ...
    dxer07002 is offline Fastpass Holder

During 'Year of a Million Dreams' Celebration

Official Press Release from tonight's event:

During 'Year of a Million Dreams' Celebration
    Disney Cast Members to Award a Million Magical Dreams

From an Overnight Stay inside Cinderella Castle to a Golden FASTPASS, Dreams Big and Small to Come True During a First-of-its-Kind Celebration That Also Features New Attractions and Entertainment at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts
    BURBANK, Calif. (June. 7, 2006) -- From an overnight stay inside Cinderella Castle to a Golden FASTPASS, dreams big and small will come true at Disneyland and Walt Disney World resorts during Disney's "Year of a Million Dreams," a first-of-its-kind celebration of the individual dreams of Disney Parks guests.

The year-long celebration, beginning Oct. 1, 2006, at Disneyland Resort in California and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, will feature the debut of an incredible lineup of new attractions and entertainment at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World resorts, plus new technologies that allow guests to customize their Disney park experience.

And, for the first time, during the "Year of a Million Dreams" celebration, Disney cast members will award a million dreams -- both large and small, including many "money-can't-buy" experiences -- to guests selected through a random process as part of a unique "Disney Dreams Giveaway" promotion.

"Throughout this incredible celebration, special dreams and unique experiences once thought impossible will be awarded by our cast every day," said Jay Rasulo, chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. "Disney parks are always the place where dreams come true -- but even more so during the 'Year of a Million Dreams.' "

The "impossible" includes the creation of over-the-top, overnight experiences for winning guests at both East and West Coast resorts: a royal bedchamber inside Cinderella Castle at Walt Disney World Resort and a Mickey Mouse Penthouse at Disneyland Resort, both expected to be complete by January 2007.

A day of royal treatment will end with a night of enchantment inside Cinderella Castle for a different lucky guest each night. Cinderella's royal bedchamber, now under construction at Magic Kingdom, will allow Disney guests to stay overnight inside the park and enjoy a view shared only by Tinker Bell. The lavishly decorated bedroom will be located in a space originally planned as an in-park apartment for the use of the Disney family.

And for a lucky Disneyland guest, each night, the all-new Mickey Mouse Penthouse at Disneyland Hotel will pour on the Mickey charm and include magical views overlooking both Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure parks. The extraordinary penthouse will be decorated in all things Mickey, with finishing touches by none other than Minnie Mouse herself.

In addition, during the year-long celebration, other Disney dreams both large and small will be awarded in the "Disney Dreams Giveaway" promotion, such as:
    Traveling to each Disney resort around the world to serve as grand marshal in a Disney parade.

A variety of unique Disney vacation experiences.

Admission to special parties and other extraordinary experiences in the Disneyland and Walt Disney World parks.

Private meetings with favorite Disney characters.

Or, a Golden FASTPASS ticket with unique access entitlements to some of Disney's most popular attractions.

New Attractions and Entertainment Planned for the "Year of a Million Dreams"

Throughout the "Year of a Million Dreams" celebration, Disneyland and Walt Disney World resorts will debut major new attractions:

Disneyland Resort in California
    Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage -- Inspired by Disney- Pixar's "Finding Nemo," this all-new E-ticket adventure will take guests on a real (and unbelievable) underwater excursion. (Summer 2007)

Rockin' Space Mountain -- Space Mountain is getting a new twist. Thanks to new lighting and technology, Disney's classic attraction will become a new experience in which rockets will rock it through the greatest concert in the universe. An all-new soundtrack will fit the exciting twists and turns of Disney's rocket classic. (Spring 2007)

Walt Disney World Resort in Florida
    "The Seas with Nemo & Friends" at Epcot -- Nemo is lost -- again -- and guests aboard "clam-mobiles" join his friends to search one of the world's largest saltwater aquariums for the playful clownfish in a stunning display of new entertainment technology inspired by Disney-Pixar's "Finding Nemo." (Late 2006)

"Finding Nemo-The Musical" at Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Also inspired by Disney-Pixar's "Finding Nemo," the Great Barrier Reef comes to colorful life in an all-new musical filled with spectacular scenery, elaborate puppetry and music by a Tony-Award-winning composer. (Late 2006)

The Laugh Floor Comedy Club at Magic Kingdom -- Guests find the power of laughter in an engaging and interactive new adventure inspired by Disney-Pixar's "Monsters, Inc." as they match wits with the one-eyed hero Mike Wazowski and his friends. (Early 2007)

Additionally, special entertainment and programs will be in place at the parks and resorts to accommodate the desires and wishes of would-be Disney Princesses, pirates, adventurers and space explorers. Guests will be able to customize their visit to a Disney park to pursue the "Dream Track" of their choice with on-line planning tools and in-park technology to help them become the hero or princess they've always dreamed of being.

For more information about the "Year of a Million Dreams" celebration and the "Disney Dreams Giveaway" promotion, visit www.mydisneyparks.com. Look for future announcements with the details of the "Disney Dreams Giveaway" promotion. No purchase necessary and subject to promotion official rules which will be available on Oct. 1, 2006. Odds of winning any prize will depend on the number of eligible entries. Void where prohibited.

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

More:

One Lucky Family Getting Magic Kingdom All to Themselves
    For the Launch of Disney's "Year of A Million Dreams"

A First-of-its Kind Dream Come True Makes for An Unforgettable Experience in Magic Kingdom!
    BURBANK, Calif. (June. 7, 2006) -- For the first time ever, to launch Disney's "Year of a Million Dreams" celebration, one lucky guest and family will receive a once-in-a-lifetime dream come true as they get the Magic Kingdom park all to themselves.

The winning family will enter Magic Kingdom on a red-carpeted Main Street, U.S.A. lined with cast members in place for their exclusive visit. They'll enjoy a VIP itinerary as they tour each land of the park, experience favorite attractions and visit favorite characters.

As the winning family leaves each land, other guests will fill the park behind them -- ensuring plenty of spectators as they make their way back down Main Street, U.S.A. as grand marshals of the daily parade. The winning family will conclude their remarkable visit by enjoying the spectacular fireworks over Cinderella Castle from a special viewing location.

The "Keys to the Magic Kingdom" promotion will lead up to the Oct. 1, 2006, launch of the "Year of a Million Dreams" celebration at Disneyland Resort in California and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. The winning family will enjoy their VIP visit to Magic Kingdom in October, early in the year-long celebration. The "Year of a Million Dreams" is a first-of-its-kind event that celebrates the individual dreams of Disney Park guests from around the world. Another million dreams will be awarded to Disneyland and Walt Disney World guests through the "Disney Dreams Giveaway," a separate promotion that will run throughout the "Year of a Million Dreams."

"Our goal is to make dreams come true for every single guest who visits our Disney parks," says Jay Rasulo, chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. "Dreams and wishes are synonymous with Disney and what better way to make a vacation dream come true than by allowing one lucky family to enjoy the Magic Kingdom by themselves."

For more information about the "Year of a Million Dreams" celebration and the "Keys to the Magic Kingdom" promotion, visit www.mydisneyparks.com. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents 18 or older of the 50 states and D.C. Commences June 7, 2006, and ends July 31, 2006.

"Disney Dreams Giveaway": Look for future announcements with the details of the "Disney Dreams Giveaway" promotion. No purchase necessary and subject to promotion official rules which will be available on Oct. 1, 2006. Odds of winning any prize will depend on the number of eligible entries. Void where prohibited.

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    Wow...wow....I want, I want! *drools*
    lol

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

Soccergirl426 is offline Annual Passholder
    I hope that someone wins something **sigh** that person won't be me, unless I win the promotion somehow...

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Can we just move into the castle

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I Want To Stay In The Castle!!! I Want To Stay In The Castle!!! I Will Stay In The Castle!!!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

I am just afraid that the single travelers as well as non-families will be left out of this "celebration."

njdisneylover is offline B-Ticket Holder
    golden faspasses would be cool. Dreaming.

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando

The Laugh Floor Comedy Club at Magic Kingdom -- Guests find the power of laughter in an engaging and interactive new adventure inspired by Disney-Pixar's "Monsters, Inc." as they match wits with the one-eyed hero Mike Wazowski and his friends. (Early 2007)
    I guess we can assume that this is what's replacing The Timekeeper? Who knows what the actual attraction will be like, because it's described as an interactive adventure. Sounds like a great idea though.

I'm also a little upset about the lack of an announcement on the Epcot 25th Anniversary, but hopefully that will come out later.
    Last edited by Benjo; 06-08-2006 at 08:03 AM.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

Quote Originally Posted by Benjo
    I guess we can assume that this is what's replacing The Timekeeper? Who knows what the actual attraction will be like, because it's described as an interactive adventure. Sounds like a great idea though.

I'm also a little upset about the lack of an announcement on the Epcot 25th Anniversary, but hopefully that will come out later.
    Think Turtle Talk but only with seats....... And as far as Epcot's 25.. I don't know if Disney will really do anything huge... it was different celebrating MK's 25th because, well, it was really the celebration of WDW's 25th.. And since MK was the first park opening in WDW, then.. it was only natural.. But it wasn't a celebration of MK's 25th.. It was a celebration of WDW's 25th... I really wouldn't expect a huge, WDW wide celebration for it...

#1EeyoreFan is offline I love Eeyore! Disney Forever, and ever and ever etc.
    Well this is WDW's 35th Anniversary! I don't think they are even going to do anything for that.
    DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE THE ONLY TIME THAT I GET 2WKS OF HAPPINESS AND WORRY FREE TIME!!!!!! This time I will see it through the eyes of my baby girl born 2008.

Next Trip is December 2010

Can't wait!!!!!!

Jul- 85 - Poly- 1st Time ever Nov - 97 - Best Western
    Nov- 98- travel Lodge Nov- 99 - Music - Family Trip
    Oct- 00 - Music Nov- 01 - Movies
    Oct-02- Movies Dec- 03 - Movies
    Oct-04- Pop - Married Dec- 05- Pop
    Dec-06 - Pop Nov- 07- Pop

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    I can't even imagine how exciting it would be to stay in the castle overnight. I mean really, you could watch everything from inside, tinkerbell's flight, the fireworks, the parade. And what will they do with it after the celebration is over. Do you suppose that they would actually let you make reservations to stay there???? I'm sure it would cost an arm and a leg, and maybe a couple of your kids but it would be well worth it.
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    That Would Be So Awesome To Stay In The Castle!
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

Hope you have 10K to toss away for 1 night.. i wonder how they would do it though... Maybe allow for only 1 night stay.... that way they allow more guests to stay there...

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    From the DizNews Newsletter:

As part of Disney's newly announced "Year of a Million
    Dreams" national promotion, every day for a year, beginning Oct. 1,
    a family will be picked to move into the "royal chambers" and spend
    the night at Magic Kingdom's "Cinderella Castle". Some people
    wandering the Disney property will be handed scrolls inviting them
    to gala balls. Riders on Pirates of the Caribbean might find pirates
    taking the seats beside them. Others will be handed "Golden
    Fastpass" tickets that allow them to get into much shorter Fastpass
    lines at rides all day. One family even will be picked in the next
    year to have Magic Kingdom to themselves for a few hours. "Winning"
    guests could be picked in the parks, in Disney hotels or even at
    Downtown Disney, where the general public can wander for free --
    just as long as they're on Disney property.
    THis sounds like they pick the people to stay in the castle.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast