Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss You can be the 1,000 Ghost in the HM ride in Disneyland! in the News & Rumors forums; I know this is a WDW forum, but this bit of disneyland news got my attention today. Disneyland is looking to transform someone from Park Guest into the 1000th Ghost ...
    adambreakey is offline Moderator

You can be the 1,000 Ghost in the HM ride in Disneyland!

I know this is a WDW forum, but this bit of disneyland news got my attention today.

Disneyland is looking to transform someone from Park Guest into the 1000th Ghost at the Haunted Mansion. Still interested? Then check out the Disney Ebay Auction site where the proceeds for this honor will go to Boys and Girls Club of America. The winner of the auction will be immortalized when Disney adds a personalized tombstone for them to the final graveyard scene at the Disneyland attraction. The tombstone will feature their first name and a humorous epitaph (inspired by their hobbies or interests) created by Disney Imagineering. They will also recieve a miniture version of the same tombstone to take home with them as well as a trip for them and one guest from their home to Disneyland in time for their Burial Ceremony on October 28th. This also includes a one night stay at the Grand Californian Hotel and ground transportation to and from the airport.

So - anyone have a spare $25k to splurge on this item? -- it already has 50 bids!!!!

adamb
    To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I knew the HM had some ardent fans, but I can't believe how much this going for!
    I've been watching the auction myself, and it sounds cool.

Now if any of the parks decide to replace the Doom Buggies in the HM with newer ones....hmmm
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hmm... Close to $30K to have a personalized faux tombstone kept in DL for only 10 years? I'd go for maybe $200.

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    So I guess they will no longer be taking any volunteers for that final position at DL. That is a bunch of money.

adambreakey is offline Moderator
    $37,000 with still another day to go!!!!

adamb
    To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Wow....auction ended at $37,400.00
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...