Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Castle Decorations Coming Down in the News & Rumors forums; I did a quick search and didn't see anything so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not. The castle decorations started coming down as of September 1st ...
    Sledge is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Castle Decorations Coming Down

I did a quick search and didn't see anything so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not. The castle decorations started coming down as of September 1st and will be removed gradually until the end of the month. They will be down by October 1st at the very latest. I don't know about y'all but I think it will look really plain seeing it in it's old form again. Don't get me wrong I love the traditional way, but it will be weird seeing it that way again.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I think it's like taking your Christmas decorations down after the holidays; it looked good before, it was "special" during the holdidays, but it will look good again once all the decorations are put away.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Sledge is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Haha. Sounds about right.

I noticed we will be at the World about the same time. I'll be there Oct 13th - 15th.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I can confirm that the crane was in place on August 29th. It was behind construction walls on the walkway behind the castle leading to Tomorrowland.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

ginarella is offline A-Ticket holder
    I really hope that the castle is somewhat camera friendly when we are there. I will be so upset if there is alot of scaffolding (sp?) around it. We go the 18th - 23rd of Sept.

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    I don't remember where I read it, but I think they are also repainting it and should be done by the first week of December. They should be doing all the work after hours, also. My daughter (5 years old) cried when I told her the decorations would be coming down. I explained to her that we were lucky enough to see it while it was decorated for the special celebration and that made her feel better. I am sad to see it go, but I am anxious to see it in December in it's traditional state.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    I heard that it's getting some kind of new decor for the 35th Anniversary/Year of a Million Dreams...anyone confirm?
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    It is such a shame - I would have loved to see the castle as it was!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    I'm so eager to see these decorations. I have a feeling they're going to be bad. I mean, they haven't made any serious announcement about the new decorations, just the celebration.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    Ya'll be positive. It can't be too bad. It isn't like they're going to do the "cake" thing again......right? All I read was that they are working on the royal bedchamber.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC
    Quote Originally Posted by trickster View Post
    It is such a shame - I would have loved to see the castle as it was!
    I agree.......It,s a shame......but I had mixed feelings when I saw it last October ........hated the big ugly mirror in the middle ........liked the gold figures & trimmings but wasn,t keen on the banners
    I,m looking forward to seeing it in its original state..........just hope like you that there aren,t cranes or particians when we go that will spoil the view & photo oportunities. These are a few pics. gives you some idea
    Last edited by disneylady; 04-15-2007 at 02:57 PM.

I Belle
    Maggie

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC
    Wouldn,t Upload More Than 5 Pics Onto A Post ...........a Couple More..............here You Go
    Last edited by disneylady; 04-15-2007 at 02:57 PM.

I Belle
    Maggie

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I hope the next set of decorations are as tastefully done as the last ones....well, except for the bit magic mirror thing- that was too much. Anyway, maybe they will leave it alone and do something else for the celebration.

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Would anyone else love to see the castle rolled for a day again? That is hands down the best decoration in my book, simply because I couldn't stop laughing for about 5 hours when I saw the photos!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    Haha. Sounds about right.

I noticed we will be at the World about the same time. I'll be there Oct 13th - 15th.
    Actually, I'll be in MN that weekend. I get back to FL after you leave. THAT''S when Mickey and I have a date. I wish I was staying in FL the entire trip, but family commitments don't allow for such luxuries.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast