Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Reports from early previews of Magic Kingdom shows in the News & Rumors forums; Ok, these are reports from a Disney fan who saw some previews going on with the new shows! Here they are.. The Magic Kingdom recently held some late night cast ...
    DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on

Reports from early previews of Magic Kingdom shows

Ok, these are reports from a Disney fan who saw some previews going on with the new shows!

Here they are..

The Magic Kingdom recently held some late night cast only previews of the new entertainment offerings set to launch in October. Public guest previews are set to begin in the next few days, but before then, here are some comments from the previews so far.
    "Fun Day Parade" - is a patriotic salute to America. Daisy, Horace, Clarabelle, Chip and Dale, and a few other characters make their way down Main Street (toward Town Square). The fire engine leads the way, with selected guests riding in it, with Chip and Dale behind, with another group of guests all doing a tambourine routine. Pluto follows behind with Hula Hoops. The band is the caboose. The whole gang meets in Town Square and waves flags to Yankee Doodle Dandy. The music for the parade is all patriotic, with melodies from the Music Man and other familiar tunes.

"Let's Have a Ball"
    - This very small show is located behind the castle, close to the Cinderella Fountain. They have a small stage (2 people at a time) set up, connected to the castle. The show opens with Simon, a Kingdom "Merry Maker". He is telling the crowd how they must have a ball for every major event the happens in the Fantasy World (Cinderella getting crowned, Beast turning into a prince), and at every ball, games must be played. Simon is a little upset because his games never get chosen to be played. The Ball organizer (Belinda) arrives, and she starts off the party games. First up is The Under The Sea Conga Line. The cast of Merry Makers (about 2 per show) hold up tarps that look like water, and guests are invited to join in the conga fun...the rendition of Under The Sea by Raven is played. Next Up is Royal Freeze Tag. Music is played and you must freeze when it stops. While all this is going on, Simon is begging Belinda to play his game...Eventually, she gives in, and we all listen to what "Simon Says"...the next game we play.

All the fun is over, and we're invited to join hands in the royal waltz. After that, Aurora and Prince Phillip come out of the door near Tinkerbelle's Treasures and greet the dancing guest.

"High School Musical Pep Rally" - The show is performed by a 8-10 person cast. A lead male singer, a lead female singer, a cheerleader who teaches us our dance moves, a few backup dancers and a few more cheerleaders who run through the crowd. The show opens with the male singer introducing himself (they are not playing characters from the actual movie, just students at the high school).

He sings a bit, and then the cheerleader character teaches us a dance routine, and more singing and dancing and it's over. I was most impressed with the fact that it is done live. All the singing and speaking parts are the performers voices. The current Tommorowland stage is temporary though. A new stage will be built close to the old Skyway building, and is set to open in January 2007.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

magikindom is offline It's Yeti time!
    I just wish High School Musical Pep Rally wasn't in Tommarow Land, what does it have in commen with anything else that is there?
    I'm only happy in Disney World
    I am still a proud pod person
    Keep on babbeling

Kari+Sam=Holly is offline A-Ticket holder

New Parade

Where is this new Fun Day parade supposed to happen? I was there the other day and the afternoon parade has been replaced with a "Dreams Come True" parade. AT the Magic Kingdom that is.

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFREAK91 View Post
    The current Tommorowland stage is temporary though. A new stage will be built close to the old Skyway building, and is set to open in January 2007.

As long as it's closed-in...I don't like HSM, and I don't want to hear it when I'm waiting outside for Space Mountain...
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

moulds is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Does anyone know how long these will be going on till.
    Don't miss out on the fun....
    Join The WDW FANS CLUB!!!!
    http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/fo...9948#post259948

nestinggal is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Do you have any information on the Woody Round-up Show? That is probably the only one DS would be interested in.
    Raelynn

August: 2009: 40th Birthday trip & Free Dining: Pop Century
    October 2006: 10th Anniversary/DS 1st trip: All Star Movies