Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Finding Nemo Musical NEW Info Sheet in the News & Rumors forums; Gathered from several reports from Cast Members and Disney executives, here is a list of fast facts about the upcoming stage show to the Animal Kingdom Article from WDW Magic ...
    DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on

Finding Nemo Musical NEW Info Sheet

Gathered from several reports from Cast Members and Disney executives, here is a list of fast facts about the upcoming stage show to the Animal Kingdom

Article from WDW Magic

Description: An all-new stage musical based on the Disney•Pixar Academy Award-winning animated film "Finding Nemo" that takes guests into the magical ocean world with larger-than-life puppets, plus a cast of 18 musical theater actors and dancers.

Venue: Newly refurbished 1,500-seat Theater in the Wild in Disney's Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort. Theater has been completely enclosed, and production and technical facilities have been enhanced to accommodate first-class theatrical productions.

Story: Guests will thrill to the first Disney•Pixar film adapted into a Broadway-caliber musical. "Finding Nemo-The Musical" tells the story of the overly cautious father clownfish, Marlin, along with his absent-minded friend Dory, as they swim with the sharks, take on the jellyfish and ride the current with Crush the turtle, all in a heroic effort to rescue everyone's favorite clownfish, Nemo.

Book, Music and Lyrics: Original songs by Tony Award-winning "Avenue Q" co-composer-creator Robert Lopez and a cappella musical "Along the Way" composer Kristen Anderson-Lopez.

Key Creative Team: Show Director Peter Brosius is artistic director of The Children's Theatre Company of Minneapolis. Choreography is by two-time Tony nominee John Carrafa. This production is the first major musical produced for Walt Disney World Resort by Disney Creative Entertainment, headed by Executive Vice President Anne Hamburger. Creative director is Michael Jung.

Design Elements: Michael Curry is the leading puppet and production designer who co-designed the imaginative puppets seen in the Broadway version of Disney's "The Lion King."

Performances: Preview performances begin in November; world premiere set for January 2007.

Show Length: 30 minutes, several times daily.

Details: "Finding Nemo-The Musical" is included with regular Disney's Animal Kingdom park admission. Guest information is available by calling 407/824-4321 or by visiting disneyworld.com.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    cool
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

when is it coming put cuz i just went to AK like a week ago and it didnt have it on the map.....
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

magikindom is offline It's Yeti time!
    I can't wait
    I'm only happy in Disney World
    I am still a proud pod person
    Keep on babbeling

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFREAK91 View Post

Performances: Preview performances begin in November; world premiere set for January 2007.
    That, hopefully, answer your question Adrien?
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

disneymaniac86 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    It sounds very cute, but don't you think one "Nemo" attraction is enough? I mean, we are already ruining a CLASSIC WDW attraction, The Living Seas, and desecrating it by making it "The Seas with Nemo and Friends." I can't explain how angry that refurb makes me. Why Why Why?

But anyway, sorry for the rant. I bet this show will be cute, I was never wild about Tarzan Rocks anyhow (wild, Tarzan, get it? hehe).
    My name is Emily and I am addicted to Walt Disney World. There, I said it and I'm proud.

Louis Mongello, you are my hero!

Moving to St. Petersburg, FL in November!!!
    I will be at WDW every two weeks then... I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie_Mouse007 View Post
    That, hopefully, answer your question Adrien?
    yes it does!
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

Koda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Went by the theater today and it didnt have any signs about the new show yet... looking forward to seeing it though
    Koda

If we can dream it, we can do it! ~ Walt Disney