Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Who should run Disney... in your opinion in the News & Rumors forums; You guys run the show, I just want a job working a ride in Fantasy Land and free lunch at Cosmic Ray's Starlight cafe, and for my family to have ...
    DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    You guys run the show, I just want a job working a ride in Fantasy Land and free lunch at Cosmic Ray's Starlight cafe, and for my family to have free annual passes. Oh, and can I have a room at the Grand Floridian?
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

jennifer4321 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I kinda like disney just the way it is, but I'll vote for whoever will make me a little side room, in It's it small world. I always thought when I was a little girl what a wonderful bedroom, that ride would make.
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'June 11 2005 12:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Walt Disney World</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Going to Disney!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>Jennifer4321

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    Arlen Ness or Willie G Davidson

Warren Buffet would also be a good choice.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Me...I should run it. I should take over the entire company. Oh the things I would do...

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    I cant remeber if i posted here or not.... the job should go to someone who can get the Dream back and follow a set plan and make the Company smaller. someone who can see the future while preserving the past and remember that it was all started by a mouse. Someone that is not afraid to ask during an interview what the intervewee knows about the Disney Dream and isn't afraid to preserve the dream....thats who should get the job....AND maybe even ask AP and PAP and SP holders wo tey think...We are willing to spend the money to go somewhere that a man 50 years ago dreamt of therefore we shold have a say in this...
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer Sun
    I cant remeber if i posted here or not.... the job should go to someone who can get the Dream back and follow a set plan and make the Company smaller. someone who can see the future while preserving the past and remember that it was all started by a mouse. Someone that is not afraid to ask during an interview what the intervewee knows about the Disney Dream and isn't afraid to preserve the dream....thats who should get the job....AND maybe even ask AP and PAP and SP holders wo tey think...We are willing to spend the money to go somewhere that a man 50 years ago dreamt of therefore we shold have a say in this...
    That would be me! (Or any other member of this site!)

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I have to go with myself on this one... Lou can be my assistant...

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Just let me run Star Wars Weekend and Star Tours all year round. For obiovious reasons

Lou I haven't met you or spoke to you on the site yet but I think you should be CEO just from the way you are handling this website and other site members should have other jobs in the parks. I think we would all make Disney a place were everybody would want to go including the non-disney lovers (are there really crazy people out there that would not love DISNEY )
    Last edited by JEDIPRINCESS; 03-31-2005 at 10:30 AM.

sx2143 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    While I do think that many of the people from this site would be the best at running Disney, I have always wondered why it is not still in the family. There is a save disney web site run by Roy Disney(Walts nephew). Why isn't he running the company. Does anybody know?

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I have no problems being the #2 guy but...

JediPrincess... thanks for the vote of confidence I really do appreciate the support! You always have a job with me (plus the whoel Star Wars and Jersey thing going for you.. you rate quite high with me)

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by sx2143
    While I do think that many of the people from this site would be the best at running Disney, I have always wondered why it is not still in the family. There is a save disney web site run by Roy Disney(Walts nephew). Why isn't he running the company. Does anybody know?
    I think it has to do with the (guess what political party?) billionaire oilmen the Bass brothers of Texas (bought 25% of Disney stock in 1984 when the company was in dire straits and then made their boy Mikey Eisner CEO. Their friends in Congress passed the telecommunications bill that lead/greased the way to the merger of Disney and Capital Cities/ABC). They still own billions of dollars of Disney stock.

Whenever a company decides to go public it is subject to takeover and/or being sold if a majority of the stockholders thinks it is best for the company (and their wallets). Of course, this can be avoided if a company decides to stay private a la the Mars Candy company. Uncle Roy and the rest of the Disney family owns billions of $$$ of Disney stock, but do not own a majority of it. That fact was one of the bones of contention in the battle between Uncle Roy and Mikey Eisner in that Mikey did not grow the stock value for many years and as a result the Disney family lost millions and millions of dollars in stock value. However, the company has turned around and all the millions lost have been recouped many times over. The fight now is about the direction The Disney Co. should go, and not about money per se.
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 03-31-2005 at 02:10 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    I seriously think I'd do quite well with the company, short-term anyway. I wouldn't be totally partial to the endless 'What would Walt have done?'. Some decisions have to be made, some attractions have to be closed/changed. But I would do it with reference to what guests and consumers were saying. The difference is I wouldn't be totally heartless like a certain someone

Only a few months to go! But then again, Bob Iger aint all that promising....
    Last edited by 20K; 03-31-2005 at 03:12 PM.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

sx2143 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thank you Jiminy cricket,
    I had a feeling that was what happened but I was never sure. I am a Mary Kay beauty consultant and something simular happend in the eighties to our company. However, Mary Kay saw problems arrising and bought back all of the shares. I wish the same thing could happen with the Disney family. I think things would be much better if they were running the company again.
    As for me, I think I would be good running Disney, but I really would rather play one of the characters at the parks.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by sx2143
    Thank you Jiminy cricket,
    I had a feeling that was what happened but I was never sure. I am a Mary Kay beauty consultant and something simular happend in the eighties to our company. However, Mary Kay saw problems arrising and bought back all of the shares. I wish the same thing could happen with the Disney family. I think things would be much better if they were running the company again.
    As for me, I think I would be good running Disney, but I really would rather play one of the characters at the parks.
    You're welcome! If you are curious this is what Disney owns:

Publishing
    Hyperion
    Miramax Books
    ESPN Books
    Theia
    ABC Daytime Press
    Hyperion Audiobooks
    Hyperion East

Disney Publishing Worldwide
    Cal Publishing Inc.
    CrossGen
    Hyperion Books for Children
    Jump at the Sun
    Volo
    Michael di Caupa Books

Disney Global Children's Books
    Disney Press
    Global Retail
    Global Continuity

Magazine titles include:
    Automotive Industries
    Biography (with GE and Hearst)
    Discover
    Disney Adventures
    Disney Magazine
    ECN News
    ESPN Magazine (distributed by Hearst)
    Family Fun
    Institutional Investor
    JCK
    Kodin
    Top Famille - French family magazine
    US Weekly (50%)
    Video Business
    Quality

Broadcasting (includes the Capital City/ABC subsidiary)

Television
    ABC Television Network
    Owned and Operated Television Stations
    WLS - Chicago
    WJRT - Flint
    KFSN - Fresno
    KTRK - Houston
    KABC - Los Angeles
    WABC - New York City
    WPVI - Philadelphia
    WTVD - Raleigh - Durham
    KGO - San Francisco
    WTVG - Toledo

Radio Stations
    WKHX Atlanta
    WYAY Atlanta
    WDWD Atlanta
    WMVP Chicago
    WLS Chicago
    WZZN Chicago
    WRDZ Chicago
    WBAP Dallas
    KSCS Dallas
    KMEO Dallas
    KESN Dallas
    KMKI Dallas
    WDRQ Detroit
    WJR Detroit
    WDVD Detroit
    KABC Los Angeles
    KLOS Los Angeles
    KDIS Los Angeles
    KSPN Los Angeles
    KQRS Minneapolis - St. Paul
    KXXR Minneapolis - St. Paul
    KDIZ Minneapolis - St. Paul
    WGVX Minneapolis - St. Paul
    WGVY Minneapolis - St. Paul
    WGVZ Minneapolis - St. Paul
    WABC New York City
    WPLJ New York City
    WQEW New York City
    WEVD New York City
    KGO San Francisco
    KSFO San Francisco
    KIID Sacramento
    KMKY Oakland
    WMAL Washington DC
    WJZW Washington DC
    WRQX Washington DC
    KQAM Wichita
    KKDZ Seattle
    WSDZ St. Louis
    WWMK Cleveland
    KMIX Phoenix
    KADZ Denver
    KDDZ Denver
    WWMI Tampa
    KMIC Houston
    WMYM Miami
    WWJZ Philadelphia
    WMKI Boston
    WDZK Hartford
    WDDZ Providence
    WDZY Richmond
    WGFY Charlotte
    WDYZ Orlando
    WMNE West Palm Beach
    WEAE Pittsburgh
    WDRD Louisville
    WPPY Albany, NY
    KPHN Kansas City
    WQUA Mobile
    WBML Jacksonville
    WFDF Flint
    WFRO Fremont, OH
    WDMV Damascus, MD
    WHKT Norfolk
    Radio Disney
    ESPN Radio (syndicated programming)
    Cable Television
    ABC Family
    The Disney Channel
    Toon Disney
    SoapNet
    ESPN Inc. (80% - Hearst Corporation owns the remaining 20%) Includes ESPN, ESPN2,ESPN News, ESPN Now, ESPN Extreme
    Classic Sports Network
    A&E Television (37.5%, with Hearst and GE)
    The History Channel (with Hearst and GE)
    Lifetime Television (50%, with Hearst)
    Lifetime Movie Network (50% with Hearst)
    E! Entertainment (with Comcast and Liberty Media)

International Broadcast
    The Disney Channel UK
    The Disney Channel Taiwan
    The Disney Channel Australia
    The Disney Channel Malaysia
    The Disney Channel France
    The Disney Channel Middle East
    The Disney Channel Italy
    The Disney Channel Spain
    ESPN INC. International Ventures
    Sportsvision of Australia (25%)
    ESPN Brazil (50%)
    ESPN STAR (50%) - sports programming throughout Asia
    Net STAR (33%) owners of The Sports Network of Canada

Other International Ventures (all with minority ownership)
    Tele-Munchen - German television production and distribution
    RTL-2 - German television production and distribution
    Hamster Productions - French television production
    TV Sport of France
    Tesauro of Spain
    Scandinavian Broadcasting System
    Japan Sports Channel

Television Production and Distribution
    Buena Vista Television
    Touchstone Television
    Walt Disney Television
    Walt Disney Television Animation (has three wholly owned production facilities outside the United States - Japan, Australia, Canada)

Movie Production and Distribution
    Walt Disney Pictures
    Touchstone Pictures
    Hollywood Pictures
    Caravan Pictures
    Miramax Films
    Buena Vista Home Video
    Buena Vista Home Entertainment
    Buena Vista International

Financial and Retail

Financial
    Sid R. Bass (partial interest - crude petroleum and natural gas production)

Retail
    The Disney Store (Sold most mall stores, but own name and WDW store)

Multimedia

Walt Disney Internet Group
    ABC Internet Group
    ABC.com
    ABCNEWS.com
    Oscar.com
    Mr. Showbiz
    Disney Online (web sites and content)
    Disney's Daily Blast
    Disney.Com
    Family.Com
    ESPN Internet Group
    ESPN.sportzone.com
    Soccernet.com (60%)
    NBA.com
    NASCAR.com
    Skillgames
    Wall of Sound
    Go Network
    Toysmart.com (majority stake - educational toys)

Disney Interactive (develops/markets computer software, video games, CD-ROMs)

Music
    Buena Vista Music Group
    Hollywood Records ( popular music and soundtracks for motion pictures) Lyric Street Records (Nashville based country music label)
    Mammoth Records (popular and alternative music label)
    Walt Disney Records
    Theater and Sports

Theatrical Productions
    Walt Disney Theatrical Productions (productions include stage version of The Lion King,Beauty and the Beast, King David)

Professional Sports Franchises
    Anaheim Sports, Inc.
    Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (National Hockey League)

Theme Parks & Resorts
    Disneyland - Anaheim, CA
    Disney -MGM Studios
    Disneyland Paris
    Disney Regional Entertainment (entertainment and theme dining in metro areas)
    Disneyland Resort
    Disney Vacation Club
    Epcot
    Magic Kingdom
    Tokyo Disneyland (partial ownership)
    Walt Disney World - Orlando, FL
    Disney's Animal Kingdom
    Disney - MGM Studios
    Walt Disney World Sports Complex (golf course, auto racing track and basball complex)
    Disney Cruise Line
    The Disney Institute
    Other
    TiVo (partial investment)

last updated 7/30/04
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 04-01-2005 at 02:02 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    Boy, thats a lot of companies that disney owns. I wonder how they do that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast