Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Disney to serve healthy foods in the News & Rumors forums; I love this move. I think they are still going to have the "unhealthy" options, they are just striving to offer better and healthier options. My kids eat very healthy ...
    pitmansparky is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I love this move. I think they are still going to have the "unhealthy" options, they are just striving to offer better and healthier options. My kids eat very healthy food normally and they actually don't like to eat the "fast food" meals much. This new menu will make it much easier to find good healthy food for them. I appaud Disney for recongnizing a need to give people healthy alternatives.
    Matt (pitmansparky)

We're gonna cruise the dream!

Why can't WDW be closer to Canada?

Kymie is offline B-Ticket Holder

Question

Did anyone hear about something to do with fizzy fruits???

Song757 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Dude who wants health food in a theme park. You are on vacation!!!!

You have all the time when you get home to be a health freak!!!!
    GreatestPlace on Earth

Greatest Airline on Earth R.I.P Song Airlines

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    well im glad that disney is gonna step up and become healthy but i dont think they should change their entire menus. what they should do is provide healthier choices and low fat foods that way people have a choice of what they wanna eat and everyone is happy and i dont know what you guys think the excitment and running around the park helps me burn off a mickey bar pretty quickly lol!!!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

wdwnut4life is offline Fastpass Holder
    Good for you Disney! My family eats healthy (my mom a vegetarian, my sister eats raw food, my nieces (6 & 2) eat no red meat or sweets @ all. That's why they don't live w/us anymore (they moved to Ashveville NC earlier this yr) I'm the only meat eater in my family. I try to eat healthier food most of the time. It's hard for them to find healthy food @ WDW or anywhere else 4 that matter.

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    After being there this month I have to say the food choices didn't seem that much different to me. If we wanted fries with the kids meals all we had to do was ask. And Casey's was just as good as always!
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder
    Good for Disney!I stillagree with Jennah though youcan have a choice helthy or fattening food.Personally,I feel like chicken and other fattening foods, but yet again I,m wicked skinny and could pack on a few pounds.
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

danheaton is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I don't think anyone needs to worry about Disney dropping any desserts. The company has a strong business sense, and they're not going to get rid of anything that will hurt the bottom line.

I'm a big fan of this move because it brings more publicity towards healthy eating choices. Let's face it: Our country is getting very unhealthy and too fat, and things aren't going to change without some help from the food providers. When a big company like Disney takes a step forward and is willing to offer healthier choices and smaller portion sizes, it can only be a positive move. Yes, it is a PR move, but it's a choice that helps both the company and its guests.

Two big moves towards healthier eating are having smaller portions and better ingredients. I hope this trend will continue at Disney and other entertainment venues. We can still have desserts, burgers, and fries, but even minor changes to the ingredients and size can make a big difference.

Cheers!

Dan

alalune042 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by danheaton View Post
    I hope this trend will continue at Disney and other entertainment venues. We can still have desserts, burgers, and fries, but even minor changes to the ingredients and size can make a big difference.

Cheers!

Dan
    Agreed
    NADIA

a dream is a wish your heart makes

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    The fresh apple slices that were available at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party this past year are one of the visible results from this initiative. And let me say it was very much appreciated.

DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Song757 View Post
    Dude who wants health food in a theme park. You are on vacation!!!!

You have all the time when you get home to be a health freak!!!!
    Here! Here! I agree. Your at disney to forget about tyhe normal worries (like weight). If your afraid of getting fat off disney food then hit the treadmill when you get home.
    4 8 15 16 23 42

"Rat, schmat, besides...they're tourists...what do they know?"

thepurplefoldercp.blogspot.com

DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwnut4life View Post
    Good for you Disney! My family eats healthy (my mom a vegetarian, my sister eats raw food, my nieces (6 & 2) eat no red meat or sweets @ all. That's why they don't live w/us anymore (they moved to Ashveville NC earlier this yr) I'm the only meat eater in my family. I try to eat healthier food most of the time. It's hard for them to find healthy food @ WDW or anywhere else 4 that matter.
    Yours does not sound like the family for me. I have to have meat with every meal.....Sausage, Bacon, Ham, Turkey, Hamburgers, Steak.......my mouth is watering just from the thought of it
    4 8 15 16 23 42

"Rat, schmat, besides...they're tourists...what do they know?"

thepurplefoldercp.blogspot.com

Lilo_and_Stitch is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I agree, when your on vacation you should be free od worries about your weight!

"Ladies don't start fights but they can finish them!"
    I love
    Faith, Trust and

March 2005 All Star Movies
    July 2007 Yacht & Beach Club

danheaton is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I think this issue is more important than being about what you eat on vacation. While I agree that it's fun to enjoy an extra dessert or big hamburger on vacation, there is a serious health problem in this country.

By offering better ingredients and healthier choices, Disney is doing the right thing and hopefully will pave the way for more changes from other companies. They're not getting rid of all bad foods. Instead, they're offering more choices and lessening portion sizes where possible. It's a minor change that won't affect visitor's enjoyment of the parks.

Complaining about this change is short-sighted and could explain some of the country's obesity problems. Why not let them at least give us a chance to stay healthy?

Cheers!

Dan

wdwnut4life is offline Fastpass Holder
    I know. I am the only meat eater. It's ok. I've lived w/it all my life. I'm finally losing weight.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast