Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss No Country Bear Christmas Special This Year in the News & Rumors forums; It is being strongly tipped that this year, the long running Country Bear Christmas Special will not take place. Various reasons have been put forward, including the thought that the ...
    DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on

No Country Bear Christmas Special This Year

It is being strongly tipped that this year, the long running Country Bear Christmas Special will not take place. Various reasons have been put forward, including the thought that the cost of the Christmas makeover does not translate into increased attendance for the attraction. From what we have been told, this does not indicate an end for the regular Country Bears show, but for this year at least, there will be no Christmas special, unless there is a last minute change of plan.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    I can't say what I want to about this since that would probably cost me an infraction! I didn't get to see any Country Bear last year because it was closed for refurbishment. We were really looking forward to the Christmas one.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

WHAT?!?! How could they possibly consider this?!?!? I LOVE the Christmas version of the CBJ! Disgraceful if it doesn't happen!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I would love to see it! I hope this is one of those false rumors. Has anyone seen anything "official" about it?

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I gotta say I was less than impressed with the CBJ Holiday layover. I wish we could get HM or IASW layovers like the DLR.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

magikindom is offline It's Yeti time!
    I've never seen the Christmas version
    I'm only happy in Disney World
    I am still a proud pod person
    Keep on babbeling

Koda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Awww I loved the Christmas version. Also, the last two times I was in Disney approx October Country Bears was not open at all even though it was not listed as a refurb. I figured they must have been fixing it for Xmas but I guess not.
    Koda

If we can dream it, we can do it! ~ Walt Disney

Disneydanny is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: No Country Bear Christmas Special This Year

Quote Originally Posted by turkeymama View Post
    I can't say what I want to about this since that would probably cost me an infraction! I didn't get to see any Country Bear last year because it was closed for refurbishment. We were really looking forward to the Christmas one.
    that is precisely the reason CBCS hasn't been done.people were complaining when the show went down every year to install/remove the Christmas show. and this was the only time of the year the bears got any real TLC from a maitenance perspective. if people weren't so picky about the downtime we'd [robably still be able to enjoy the Christmas special.

Disneydanny is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: No Country Bear Christmas Special This Year

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    I gotta say I was less than impressed with the CBJ Holiday layover. I wish we could get HM or IASW layovers like the DLR.
    see my post above regarding the Country bear Christmas Special. that will tell you why WDW has HMH or IASWH. they *ALMOST* got HMH a few years back but the higher ups refused and all the stuff for the overlay was given to Tokyo who's HM is a clone of WDW's