Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss You Heard it Here FIRST - Disney's PhotoPass!! in the News & Rumors forums; A DisneyWorldTrivia.com "exclusive" Way back on June 23, 2004 Disney Enterprises filed three trademark applications for "Disney's Photopass", but never explained what the trademark was for, other than: "-Sales of ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

You Heard it Here FIRST - Disney's PhotoPass!!

A DisneyWorldTrivia.com "exclusive"

Way back on June 23, 2004 Disney Enterprises filed three trademark applications for "Disney's Photopass", but never explained what the trademark was for, other than:

• "-Sales of photographs offered for sale through the Internet, stand-alone kiosks and through retail shops.
    • -Encoded cards used to store photographs.
    • -On-demand printing services for photographs."
    Well, it appears as though Disney is almost ready to unveil it's new creation. One of my little bluebirds visited me today and told me about http://www.disneyphotopass.com

This new system will now allow you to view, save and store photos taken of you at the park by a Cast Member at home!

Starting at Epcot and Ft. Wilderness, the photographers will be using Nikon D70 cameras, taking your photos, and giving you information and an access code about how to retrieve the pictures from your home computer after your vacation.

The system is rumored to begin on Thanksgiving Day.

In fact, certain online job sites and Disney are even advertising for PhotoPass photographers: Click HERE for one of the job listings
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    Does this service include photos with characters and shots taken just inside the parks? I can tel you from experience that we spent a outrageous amount of money on those pictures alone.

Laura

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    To add some info...

Epcot has been testing this and another version of it. Epcot is the only park right now not in a contract with Kodak. Photographers have also been photographing people just having fun in the park. Basically just getting that 'Magical Moment'. So far results have been good. They will also feature some pretty cool stuff at the website next week. You can share the photos with family and friends, upload your own photos to share from the trip as well. Disney is setting the standard again.
    Last edited by TrendyMagic; 11-17-2004 at 11:47 PM.

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Sounds very cool. Just one question - is it free or will it incur an additional charge Crosses fingers and hopes it is free.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

Everything will be free to view on the site.

turtleclanscott is offline C-Ticket Holder

Smile Just used PhotoPass!

I just got back from WDW from a trip Sat-Wedn before Thanksgiving. While there the photographers gave plastic bar coded cards instead of the paper ones before (of course, APs are still paper, but that's a different thread.) The best part was that when you got your picture again, they just swiped the card and you only had to keep up with one card the whole trip.

The photographer said that currently, you can only view you pictures at the park you got them taken at, but soon you will be able to view them from any park. They never mentioned the online service.

After reading this thread, I went and tried anyway. All 32 of our pictures were on the site, including pictures from Epcot that we didn't see at the park. I ordered a copy of one of the Epcot photos. It is $9.95 + $1.99 shipping for a 5x7. There wasn't sales tax either.

I'll let you all know how long it takes to recieve the pictures.
    Turtleclan Scott
    DVC Member Since 2001

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    I saw one of those cards in my sister in law's purse last week & asked her about it. She didn't know what it was & said most of the CM's didn't either! This is very cool!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Right now Epcot has the best system of the parks. They have the newest computers and wireless system. As I mentioned before they are the only park staffed by Disney Cast. The three other parks are Kodak employees.

With the online system you can customize your photos. Add 'borders' of your own: "Magic Kingdom 2004" with various characters etc. You get to choose not just a generic one that everyone has. You can share with family and friends and even upload your own photos to share with the family.

Lost your PhotoPass? No problem. Fill out the online form and send a pic from your trip to Disney via the website and they will try to tarck down your photos and add them to your online album.

Can't wait till the system is going full force.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Great update Jason!!! Thanks for the detailed info!

See you in a couple of days!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

I went and played with the PhotoPass today to see exactly how it works. I was going to upload a few of the photos but they got lost in the DWT photo que somewhere. If you find them Lou let me know.

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    we used it - it worked great- too bad we didn't like the pictures that they took

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by crashbunny
    we used it - it worked great- too bad we didn't like the pictures that they took
    That's pretty much why I didn't bother to use it this past week. 90% of photos taken of us I never like and almost never buy.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

turtleclanscott is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I ordered from it on Thursday, Dec. 2 and recieved my picture today (Monday, Dec. 6)!

I'm very impressed by how quickly I got them (and I didn't pay for express shipping). I wonder if it will remain this quickly after it's not as new. The print was a very good quality. It didn't come in one of the folders that the pictures usually come in, though.
    Turtleclan Scott
    DVC Member Since 2001

A suggestion to all is to review your photos before leaving the park. Also Disney is slowing starting to train all the photo people in the 'Disney' way of taking photos. Unlike the Kodak photographers currently at MK, AK, MGM who don't have as much training.

kmzairdetail is offline B-Ticket Holder

Thumbs up

I wished I would have read this thread before going!! We took part in the PP at MGM. Understoo we could view/buy when we got home, but didnt know we could utilize it at all parks. Oh well. This is a good idea. Just remeber to keep the card with you. Now to get the boy to take a good picture!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks Bob!!!!!!! LV Tour 2005

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast