Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Typhoon's new attraction: Crush 'N' Gusher in the News & Rumors forums; Here is the official release: LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Flash flooding will take on a whole new meaning for Walt Disney World guests in 2005 as they experience Crush ...
    TrendyMagic is offline On Mars

Typhoon's new attraction: Crush 'N' Gusher

Here is the official release:

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Flash flooding will take on a whole new meaning for Walt Disney World guests in 2005 as they experience Crush 'N' Gusher, a new white-knuckle "water coaster" thrill ride like never before at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon.

Crush 'N' Gusher will utilize "some of the latest water ride innovations in the industry today," said Patrick Brennan of Walt Disney Imagineering and lead creative designer of the new attraction. "When completed, Crush 'N' Gusher at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park will be the only water coaster thrill ride of its kind in Central Florida."

While riding Crush 'N' Gusher, guests will be whisked along a series of flumes and spillways that weave through what appears to be a rusted-out tropical fruit facility. It's another chapter of the Typhoon Lagoon legend.

As guests slip and slide through torrents of gushing water, gravity defying conditions caused by the recent typhoons create crushing bursts that propel guests up and down through cavernous twists and turns, weaving in and out of treacherous wreckage and debris that once transported tropical fruit through the plant's wash facilities.

Walt Disney World guests will have three different fruit spillways to choose from, each ranging between 410 to 420 feet in length with varying degrees of slopes and turns -- Banana Blaster, Coconut Crusher and Pineapple Plunger.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Lou trying on his Speedos getting ready to go...

I know... scary though. I shudder at it myself
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    LOL Oh my...

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing this with us!
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Lou in Speedos sounds like fun? Obviouslyyou haven't seen my picture!
    Lou Mongello

I meant about the ride! I did not realize how it sounded until I read it again after your post. Yeah, I have seen your picture. Speaking of your picture, where is the post with the picture of Al and Jas with your head in Al's place? I was looking for that thread today and could not find it.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

Had to try and remember, but here it (ugh) is:

http://disneyworldtrivia.com/forums/...read.php?t=819

Lou Mongello

Thanks! Hope you get feeling better and your little one doesn't get sick.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

Thanks, Jas...back to work today... tried to stay away from Marion as much as I could yesterday
    Lou Mongello

Disnatic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    That ride sounds fantastic. Theirs a waterpark in the United Arab Emirates that has the gravity defying stuff.
    DISNATIC

Four Parks, One World

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    That sounds like too much fun! I haven't been to the water parks in years, but this might warrant a trip!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"