Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss New Parade For Mgm ?? in the News & Rumors forums; Has anyone heard about a new parade later in the year in MGM...................is it true or a rumour ????? Anyone know if it is true .what kind of parade is ...
    disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC

New Parade For Mgm ??

Has anyone heard about a new parade later in the year in MGM...................is it true or a rumour ????? Anyone know if it is true .what kind of parade is it??
    Also what is new elsewhere in the World.is it a special year in EPCOT?????????
    Anything going on there??

I Belle
    Maggie

Disneyfreak5 is offline A-Ticket holder
    The parade needs a little update
    12 year old disney expert

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneylady View Post
    Also what is new elsewhere in the World.is it a special year in EPCOT?????????
    Anything going on there??

Yeah, its EPCOTs 25th anniversary!
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Disney-MGM Studios does need a new parade & should get one something this year I believe because the Stars & Motor Cars parade is going off to Euro Disneyland. So that leaves MGM off with no parade but what I heard is that the Pixar Block Party Bash from Disney’s California Adventure is coming down to Walt Disney World, but yet I don’t actually know because Disneyland Anaheim only had that parade for about a year & a half & Disney-MGM Studios has had it for over five years. So that’s going to be a quick parade change for California Adventure, but I think MGM could do what they use to do back in the 90’s & that is making parades on movies that just recently came out to theaters like they did with Mulan & Toy Story. That could be good with the new Narnia movie coming out in summer 2008.

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    When I was in Disneyland this summer and waiting for a parade, I was talking with a CM who told me that the Main Street Electrical Parade would be moved to MGM. I however, thought this was stupid, as there is no "main street" at MGM. However, it is currently at Disney's California Adventure which also has no "main street." However, if they did send over Disneyland's other parade, I would LOVE it. I don't like the block party bash, but the other one. I don't remember its name. However I have heard numerous times now that MGM's Stars and MotorCars parade is going to go to Euro disney, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

mrp4352 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post
    When I was in Disneyland this summer and waiting for a parade, I was talking with a CM who told me that the Main Street Electrical Parade would be moved to MGM. I however, thought this was stupid, as there is no "main street" at MGM. However, it is currently at Disney's California Adventure which also has no "main street."
    That's right, at DCA it's just Disney's Electrical Parade. It would be nice to see the classic back in Disney World - even if it's not Main Street.
    Please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic!

Koda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    How about they bring the Electrical parade back the MK, or make a whole new night parade for that matter... Im really sick of Spectro Magic... how long has it been there?!
    Koda

If we can dream it, we can do it! ~ Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Koda View Post
    How about they bring the Electrical parade back the MK, or make a whole new night parade for that matter... Im really sick of Spectro Magic... how long has it been there?!
    I think 1999 but they did some changes with replacing Roger Rabbit to Genie & other things, & it came back in 2001. But other than that a new parade would be extremely nice for the Magic Kingdom for the day & night part of the day!
    Last edited by ChampDisney; 01-27-2007 at 11:53 PM.

FriendOfTigger is offline A-Ticket holder
    There is some truth to the rumor of the Block Party coming to the Disney-MGM Studios, however, they are having problems with the logistics of the parade. DCA has MUCH wider streets than the Studios, and they are VERY wide floats. There has been talk amongst entertainment folk that perhaps the parade will be made into a stage show, since it really is a show on a movable stage anyway. But for now, Stars and Motorcars is here to stay, with the possible addition of some extra units and more characters in the upcoming months.

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    i hope the block party bash comes to MGM it looks so cool in the DVD i have of it!!

alot of fun!
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

I like the Block Party Bash but to me I just think a stage show version is good enough. I'm thinking they could use the B&B stage because I think that show needs to go, sorry if anybody disagrees.

disneyimagineer is offline You may notice that I'm not all here myself
    MGM Studios definetly needs a new parade.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."-Walt Disney
    TTFN, Ta Ta For Now!
    Can you stand on your head?