Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss "Unofficial Disney World Guide" Books in the News & Rumors forums; Hey all Did anyone ever read any of the book in this (what I suppose is) series? In Orlando airport today (returning from the "Happiest Place On Earth") I read ...
    RumTumJM is offline A-Ticket holder

"Unofficial Disney World Guide" Books

Hey all

Did anyone ever read any of the book in this (what I suppose is) series? In Orlando airport today (returning from the "Happiest Place On Earth") I read the 2007 edition. While it says in the beginning that it is no way affiliated with Disney, it did mention quite a few "rumors" for 2007 & 2008.

Is this a book that might be reporting true information? Just wondering! If it is true there is much to be expected at Disney World.
    Last time I rode STAR TOURS, I thought to myself, "If a droid is a pain in the......behind, does that make it a hemdroid?"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you......ROCK!"
    - Brian May

"Don't Stop Believin'"
    - Journey

www.rocknationradio.org

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    A rumor is a rumor, it's just hearsay. There are thousands of them about the Disney Parks, very few of them come to life. But I would imagine it helps sell books and they are not responsible for it's accuracy because they are telling you it's just a rumor!
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

JackSparrow7 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    A lot of those rumors are straight from Jim Hill, not the actual writers. Jim Hill Media has been known to report quite a few false rumors, but are right a lot aswell. Just take anything you read with a grain of salt!
    -Tommy-

ibkidd37 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Like the guys said, rumors are rumors, but I like when the Unofficial Guide lets me know when a favorite ride or attraction may be closing for good. It's helpful to know for theri Touring Plans in the back of the book.

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    Well, first, welcome ibkidd37!!

Len Testa, who is one of the writers of the book is on the wdwtoday podcast, and he usually tries to stick to the truth.
    Like everyone who said it above me, it says rumor, so it might or might not come true, just like all the rumors on this site.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    If you're looking for a good book of Disney facts versus unfounded rumors... check out the book that started this forum!

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/about.php
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe