Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Rumors I've heard in the News & Rumors forums; I Doubt Disney would turn the Haunted Mansion into the Nightmare Before Christmas ride. People love the Haunted Mansion, Like me! As for Tom Sawyer Island, I could see the ...
    Disneyboy31 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I Doubt Disney would turn the Haunted Mansion
    into the Nightmare Before Christmas ride. People love the Haunted Mansion, Like me!

As for Tom Sawyer Island, I could see the closing that down to make something.

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    As for Tom Sawyer Island, I could see the closing that down to make something.[/quote]

I could see that. I think that general area of the park is somewhat...less well-developed than other areas. Personally, I think they could get the Liberty Belle out of there, too, but I doubt that'd happen.

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    you guys do realize that this thread is 3 years old....It might be fun to see what actually transpired, but the initial post was a long time ago.

DisneyLeo18 is offline A-Ticket holder
    -i think the haunted mansion rumor turned out to be the refurb we saw this past summer 2007

-nothing has happened to tom sawyer island yet, but of course still could in the future

-im pretty sure nothing happened with IASW although i havent been in the world for the holidays

of course its always fun to look at old rumors and see what actually happened

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    it was bouncing around the web that TSI in Disneyland got a refurb to a Pirates type theme, does anyone have visibility on that?
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

rocknrollercfan is offline Fastpass Holder
    Waiting to leave WI and go to Disney World
    I was at Disney World in July and the Haunted Mansion was closed. I would hate it if they turned it into a "Nightmare" themed ride. However, I love that they have Jack Sparrow on the Pirates ride. It is such a cool addition to the ride.

I love Donald Duck

Ashley
    Walt Disney World

tawnilai is offline D-Ticket Holder
    yes tom sawyer island has been changed to pirates island at the original magic kingdom

"Dream Dare Belive Do"- Walt Disney

JackSparrow7 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    haha why was this thread bumped, it's like three years old!

Anyway, it's funny to see that only 1 of these actually came true. Just goes to show you that you need to take any Disney rumor you hear with a grain of salt, no matter how reliable you think the source may be.
    -Tommy-

ozzietropics is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Heat View Post
    Well, while shopping at the bookstore today, I came across a Disney 'travel guide' that I hadn't seen before (it was a 2005 edition) and I've come across some rumors in that book.

- Apparantly, Disneyworld is thinking about closing Tom Sawyer's Island, permenantly

- The Haunted Mansion is going to be turned into a "Nightmare Before Christmas" themed ride (Say it ain't so!)

- It's a Small World will begin having 'Holiday Editions' starting in 2006

- Pirates of the Caribbean will soon be home to Jack 'Pirate' Sparrow around the same time the Pirates of the Caribbean sequel will hit theatres.

Can anybody confirm or deny these rumors?

I think the book was Birnbaum.

and discuss the changes if you like.
    Almost all of those rumors were written by Jim Hill, who put it in the Unofficial Guide *ding*.

And I believe you misinterpreted these facts.

John Lassester wants to keep Tom Sawyer Island open.

And the recent refurb of Haunted Mansion?

The Pumpkin King was going to the Studios.

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    I'm with Jack. I'm not sure why the thread was bumped, either, but it's always interesting to see what happens to past rumors.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I like to look at the older threads because sometimes valuable tidbits appear. This was interesting though, and most of it never happened. Love the Jack Sparrow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12