Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Rumors I've heard in the News & Rumors forums; Well, while shopping at the bookstore today, I came across a Disney 'travel guide' that I hadn't seen before (it was a 2005 edition) and I've come across some rumors ...
    The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior

Rumors I've heard

Well, while shopping at the bookstore today, I came across a Disney 'travel guide' that I hadn't seen before (it was a 2005 edition) and I've come across some rumors in that book.

- Apparantly, Disneyworld is thinking about closing Tom Sawyer's Island, permenantly

- The Haunted Mansion is going to be turned into a "Nightmare Before Christmas" themed ride (Say it ain't so!)

- It's a Small World will begin having 'Holiday Editions' starting in 2006

- Pirates of the Caribbean will soon be home to Jack 'Pirate' Sparrow around the same time the Pirates of the Caribbean sequel will hit theatres.

Can anybody confirm or deny these rumors?

I think the book was Birnbaum.

and discuss the changes if you like.
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    I don't know the validity of any of these, but would the "holiday editions" mean that they will dress up the dolls in holiday outfits for Christmas?
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Heat

- The Haunted Mansion is going to be turned into a "Nightmare Before Christmas" themed ride (Say it ain't so!) .......

Currently the Haunted Mansion in Disneyland is in "Nightmare" mode but only for Christmas. so I would think that the WDW version if it happens would do the same. Disneylanders now look forward to it each year.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Jas
    I don't know the validity of any of these, but would the "holiday editions" mean that they will dress up the dolls in holiday outfits for Christmas?
    I'd imagine so, what I posted was all that the book said.
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    Let's take these one at a time:

- Apparantly, Disneyworld is thinking about closing Tom Sawyer's Island, permenantly

I haven't hears one way or the other regarding this one.

- The Haunted Mansion is going to be turned into a "Nightmare Before Christmas" themed ride (Say it ain't so!)

During the 999 Happy Haunts Event this year, WDW Imagineers said that this is not true for 2004 or 2005.

- It's a Small World will begin having 'Holiday Editions' starting in 2006

No info regarding this rumor although they do this at DL.

- Pirates of the Caribbean will soon be home to Jack 'Pirate' Sparrow around the same time the Pirates of the Caribbean sequel will hit theatres

According to the same Imagineers at the 999 HHE, this is absolutely not true.

If anyone knows anything about the other rumors, please post.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by wdw4us2

- Pirates of the Caribbean will soon be home to Jack 'Pirate' Sparrow around the same time the Pirates of the Caribbean sequel will hit theatres

According to the same Imagineers at the 999 HHE, this is absolutely not true.
    I heard from my Keys to the Kingdom guide the opposite was true. Like many, many WDW rumors, take them all with a grain of salt.

As far as the HM and IASM Holiday layovers, I'd
    LOVE to see these in Florida for the Holiday season. I'm more likely to be in FL than CA during the Holidays.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    The Holidays overlay are getting great reviews from guests so expect to see many more of them during the season.

FrumiousBoojum is offline A-Ticket holder
    According to Marty Sklar, WDW has been offered HMH, but they absolutely don't want it. Most likely because of the failure with seeping Nightmare Before Christmas things into the parks in the past. Like the WDW-exclusive pins that later showed up at DL because of dismal sales and the holiday decor for Mickey's Groove that contained the HMH poem, replacing any mention of the Mansion with Mickey's Groove, as well as the coffin sleigh and other Nightmare decor.

The only places that I've heard for Captain Jack Sparrow projects that actually might happen are for the Disneyland Paris version of Tom Sawyer Island (Adventure Island I think it's called) and a cameo in the neighboring jail cell if PotC happens to make it to Hong Kong Disneyland.

US parks are pretty safe from Captain Jack for now...

Haven't heard anything about it's a small world holiday coming to WDW yet, but I'd say it's probably a lot more likely than any of the other rumors.

For the forseeable future, Country Bears will continue being WDW's only Christmas overlay.

-Tim

cinderella_girl is offline A-Ticket holder
    Disneyland (mentally), Pacific Northwest (physically)
    I heard that they were going to close POTC down for refurbishments, add a Jack Sparrow (voiced by Johnny Depp himself) in order to attract people because people who hadn't been on the attraction, saw the movie, and then went on the attraction were like, "Where's Jack?", and then at the premiere of POTC II, Johnny Depp would cut the red ribbon to reopen POTC. (This is only DLR, though, as far as I know.)
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'January 07, 2006 6:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Countdown to 2006 WDW 1/2 marathon!</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Running 13.1 mi w/ Mickey';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

BigDaddyKyle is offline Moderator
    CG, It is actually for WDW's PotC. It is supposed to be placed in the next time PotC goes down for a rehab.
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

cinderella_girl is offline A-Ticket holder
    Disneyland (mentally), Pacific Northwest (physically)
    Ok, j/k guys. Thanks for the correction.
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'January 07, 2006 6:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Countdown to 2006 WDW 1/2 marathon!</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Running 13.1 mi w/ Mickey';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum
    Haven't heard anything about it's a small world holiday coming to WDW yet, but I'd say it's probably a lot more likely than any of the other rumors.
    Just a thought here, I wonder if they are doing anything in the overhaul of IASW that would make it easier to give a makeover for the holiday season.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    we may know by sunday.

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Do we know if IASWs new clock face area is going to have the same special feature at the top of the hour that Dls' does?

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

tkdlouie is offline A-Ticket holder
    well i went to the MK about a month ago and i can tell you that the pirates of the carribean has changed a bit like you said featuring jack sparrow in the ride but there have been no changes to its a small world, the haunted mancion, or tom sawyer island

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast