Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Living w/ The Land Changes in the News & Rumors forums; http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...0&postcount=15 A topic came up in this thread that made me think I need to get the attention of all you rumor mongers out there. I felt this would be ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Living w/ The Land Changes

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...0&postcount=15

A topic came up in this thread that made me think I need to get the attention of all you rumor mongers out there. I felt this would be a much better place for the discussion...

Is it true that they've changed the Living with the Land boat ride to no longer have CMs onboard etc.? When did that change? *pouts*
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Yes, it did change, last summer I believe. There is now an automated spiel. They did this for two reasons: staffing issues and to cut the wait time.

It was definitely changed before the end of September, 2006.
    Last edited by disneydame2004; 01-30-2007 at 04:50 PM.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    yeah it had to be after aug bc they still had CM's at the time...so now is it the exact same spiel just voice over style?
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Pretty much, although I don't remember the 'live' spiel exactly since I had not been on it for years.

If I'm remembering correctly, the recorded one has one voice for the trip through the biomes, and then a different voice in the greenhouses, presumably so they can be updated more easily as things change in the houses.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Yes, totally automated now. Kinda looses something in my opinion. But the line sure was shorter!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

disneyimagineer is offline You may notice that I'm not all here myself
    I never really liked Living with the Land. I mean, I don't really want to spend time waiting in line for a boring boat ride that tells you how hydroponic plants grow when I could be going on something like Soarin' or Test Track. It should not be a fastpass attraction.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."-Walt Disney
    TTFN, Ta Ta For Now!
    Can you stand on your head?

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyimagineer View Post
    I never really liked Living with the Land. I mean, I don't really want to spend time waiting in line for a boring boat ride that tells you how hydroponic plants grow when I could be going on something like Soarin' or Test Track. It should not be a fastpass attraction.

I disagree..living with the land is one of my favorite WDW ride of all time, and hands down my favorite at Epcot..granted it does not have the speed or thrills of Mission Space, Test Track, or Soarin'...but it is an absolute disney treasure none the less. For many many people this is the closest they come to really seeing where your food comes from (no steak is not grown in styrofome containers) and i think this is a great service WDW does
    I have my BS from the college of agriculture at UF..and this ride was what actually turned me on to ag..
    Of course...we are all entiltled to our own opinions

All that being said............I will really miss the CM.it made the whole ride more unique...can you imagine if they replace the Jungleboat CM with a recorded voice??? tragic!!
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    From what I have heard guests like the ride BETTER without the live commentary, because they now focus on the scenery instead of the CM.

As always YMMV
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Other than the boat ride I think the whole pavillion should get an extreme pavillion make-over like what they did with the Living Seas which is now known as the Seas with Nemo & friends. They could maybe put in a new show to replace the Circle of Life, put in the rumored Soarin' over the USA film, & give the boat ride a referb.

disneyimagineer is offline You may notice that I'm not all here myself
    They would never replace the CM 's on Jungle Cruise because first of all, they have to shoot the gun to scare the hippopotimus off. Second off all, it would ruin the whole sence that you are really on a safari through a rainforest or where ever it's supposed to be, because on real boats, there are people who drive them.
    Last edited by disneyimagineer; 02-01-2007 at 08:10 AM.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."-Walt Disney
    TTFN, Ta Ta For Now!
    Can you stand on your head?

Fran98765 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    We didn't find it much different. The line was greatly improved. When we went last Jan, we had a very long line (and my son loves the ride) because they didn't have enough staff to run the boats. This prevents that problem, leaving guests to experience more then a long line.
    Fran's Scrapping Blog - see my layouts and find occasional freebies!
    1977 Offsite / 1993 Offsite / 2000 POFQ & Disney Magic / 2004 Coronado Springs / 2005 All Star Sports / 2006 January Wilderness Lodge / 2006 September Pop Century / 2007 Pop Century / 2008 June Wilderness Lodge / 2008 September Pop Century / 2009 July All Star Sports

ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Nothing wrong about the ride but I just love eating at the Garden Grill & just watching those boats go by. I love it!

I guess there was just something about having a CM telling you where everything was and what it was... I remember times when our boat would go through and someone was working in the greenhouse and they'd say the person's name and tell everyone to say hi... or wave to a tour group going through etc. I'll see how I feel about it when we go later this month I guess.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    The ride was ok without the CM, but I liked having that personal touch to things.
    Oh, and the rumour I heard from a CM on my tour this week was that they are filming a Soarin' over Florida film - not a US film.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast