Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Pete the Parrot?? in the News & Rumors forums; Ok I heard a horrible rumor today... is it true that they removed Pete the Parrot from outside POTC during the Jack refurb? How stupid! If anything he fit better ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Pete the Parrot??

Ok I heard a horrible rumor today... is it true that they removed Pete the Parrot from outside POTC during the Jack refurb? How stupid! If anything he fit better with the Jack refurb because of the parrot who speaks for the pirate whose tongue was cut out... "Wind in his sails, wind in his sails."
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

It's sad, but true...at least during our last trip he was gone.

magikindom is offline It's Yeti time!
    He wasn't there when we where there last week it's horabile.
    I'm only happy in Disney World
    I am still a proud pod person
    Keep on babbeling

Koda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    It was one of the first things I noticed and I was sooo upset! I dont see why they had to get rid of him, its not like he was in the way...
    Koda

If we can dream it, we can do it! ~ Walt Disney

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    We were sad to see that he was gone in December, we paused and said our goodbyes to Pete while staring at the spot where he once stood. I am glad I got a picture on a previous trip, before he was gone for good.

Attitude Tink is offline Spirit of the Law
    is it possible they'll replace him with that undead monkey form POTC?
    It's easier to destroy than it is to create - Angelina Jolie in "Original Sin"

Winter 1992 -Marriott in DTD
    April 1997- Marriott in DTD
    August 2003- DoubleTree Suite

Quote Originally Posted by Attitude Tink View Post
    is it possible they'll replace him with that undead monkey form POTC?
    I think if the plan was to do that they'd have done it during the Jack refurb.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    I was looking forward to seeing him during my last trip and he wasn't there!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

HiddenMick is offline C-Ticket Holder
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! I like that parrot!!! why can't they just leave things alone for now, or at least get the publics opinion??? that would be great!!!
    Can't run away from Trouble, ain't no place that far.

He's actually still "alive" we found him in DTD in WOD. On our visit in April there was a large animatronic pirate there, on this last visit in June he had been replaced by Pete!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I took a picture of Pete in his new home last April when I was in DTD. http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...tml#post480802

As far as asking the public if they want changes in the park, just think of the various opinions just on this forum, on varous topics. They'd never be able to make everyone happy even if they DID ask for opnions. Besides, do you ask guests that come to your home if you may move your furniture around?
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

HiddenMick is offline C-Ticket Holder
    well, i would, but my guests don't really care as long as they can reach the Video Game Controller they are happy!!!
    Can't run away from Trouble, ain't no place that far.