Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Universe of Energy Rumors in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by peterpanflight you know i hope it does!! They get rid of horizons, world of motion, original figment, food rocks..............why not get rid of rides like UOE! I ...
    disneyimagineer is offline You may notice that I'm not all here myself
    Quote Originally Posted by peterpanflight View Post
    you know i hope it does!! They get rid of horizons, world of motion, original figment, food rocks..............why not get rid of rides like UOE! I hate that ride...so boring!
    I can't stand that ride either! It's so boring. Besides Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth, and Journey into Imagination, all the slow rides in Epcot-Future World have been removed. Universe of Energy should be removed too.

I must say though, the external architecture and engineering of the Universe of Energy is very cool. The way the solar panels on top of the building contribute 15% of the energy to run the ride.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."-Walt Disney
    TTFN, Ta Ta For Now!
    Can you stand on your head?

ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I agree with you Disney Imagineer but the only thing I don't wanna see taken out of Future World is SpaceShip Earth.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyimagineer
    I can't stand that ride either! It's so boring. Besides Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth, and Journey into Imagination, all the slow rides in Epcot-Future World have been removed. Universe of Energy should be removed too.

You are most certainly entitled to your opinion but I must rant for a second here...

/rant on
    Epcot is not supposed to be a "ride" park, it's supposed to be a place to learn while being entertained. If you want thrill rides go to Universal. Sorry, I know that's harsh, but I'm so tired of "get rid of the slow stuff and put in more rides like Mission:Space"... y'know the sort that come with warnings about health conditions and height restrictions so the rest of the family can't ride them... that makes for a great family trip to Disney WAHOO!
    /rant off

Don't take that personally either DisneyImagineer - wasn't aimed at you - was just a general rant. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by ChampDisney View Post
    I agree with you Disney Imagineer but the only thing I don't wanna see taken out of Future World is SpaceShip Earth.
    At least we agree on that. LOL!

Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Sure thing BamaJenn, the source where I got the information was over at Screamscape.com where they have pretty much everything.

Oh, and I also heard from a friend that I don't know if he was joking or not tell me that the Universe of Energy will be rethemed into "Mr. Incredible's Incredible Energy Adventure." I know it made me laugh but then it got me to think about all the Pixar invasions out there at the Disney theme parks.
    NO NO NO NO NON NONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO INCREDIBLES IN EPCOT!!!!!
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

peterpanflight is offline Fastpass Holder
    i agree with champdisney leave spaceship earth and get rid of UOE......the ride feels like 10 hours long and is extremely boring..the only good part is the dinosaur part but i can go to animal kingdom!
    shannon

Quote Originally Posted by dznyfreak42 View Post
    NO NO NO NO NON NONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO INCREDIBLES IN EPCOT!!!!!
    Its just something I heard out of a friend of mine that works in a gift shop at EPCOT.

LOL!! The Incredibles are the next Pirates... they will be EVERYWHERE! *muahhahahaha*
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

disneyimagineer is offline You may notice that I'm not all here myself
    Sure thing BamaJenn, the source where I got the information was over at Screamscape.com where they have pretty much everything.

Oh, and I also heard from a friend that I don't know if he was joking or not tell me that the Universe of Energy will be rethemed into "Mr. Incredible's Incredible Energy Adventure." I know it made me laugh but then it got me to think about all the Pixar invasions out there at the Disney theme parks.
    They had better not turn Universe of Energy into an Incredibles ride! Ellen's Energy Adventure was bad enough but Mr. Incredible would be worse!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."-Walt Disney
    TTFN, Ta Ta For Now!
    Can you stand on your head?

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i have to say that i agree w/ not taking out the "slow" rides sentiment....disney is a family park...no one in my family is younger then 21 but we still love going on the slower rides...my parents don't go on any "fast" rides...you need a variety of rides otherwise it could be just any theme park.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

Quote Originally Posted by disneyimagineer View Post
    They had better not turn Universe of Energy into an Incredibles ride! Ellen's Energy Adventure was bad enough but Mr. Incredible would be worse!
    Your 12 years old, i'm amazed that you don't want see an Incredibles attraction.
    Hey, I would love to see Mr. Incredible go on & save the engergy & save the world. That would make a great ride in my opinion, like BamaJenn said we all have our rights to all our own opinions.
    Last edited by ChampDisney; 02-03-2007 at 11:56 PM.

MiraNova23 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Cool Good, Bad, idk...

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post

Epcot is not supposed to be a "ride" park, it's supposed to be a place to learn while being entertained.
    I just have an interesting comment to make on this, moreso to sort the good from the bad. When I was little, I couldn't tell the difference between World of Motion, Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, and I believe I'm leaving one out but onward. (UoE had dinosaurs so that stuck out kinda) I would ALWAYS fall asleep on them and wake up then go back to sleep and wake up and not know if I had been taken to a different ride or whatnot. BUT... when I turned 16...

"Oh Sh**!!!" [slams on brakes]
    "Denise!" [my mom braces herself]
    [both gasping]
    "...That was the anti-lock brakes!"
    "Yeah you've never felt me or your father hafta use them before. Good thing you-"
    "No, I remembered what they said on Test Track! And what it felt like..."
    LEARNEDsomething at a NEW pavilion!!!
    when I turned 18...
    "I felt more like I was going to the moon watching Apollo 13! And those buttons did NOTHING! The carpet ride virtual simulator and Fun Mania was more educational than that..."
    and
    "You didn't miss anything."
    "Didn't they have that dream sequence thing?"
    "Yeah, you didn't miss anything."

I believe... Ellen should go, but what else to do about it I don't know. Living with the Land I've come to appreciate. World of Motion had to go, and as much as I fell in love with the hype of Mission: SPACE, it needs actual info. Circle of Life is outdated. I don't think I was ever exposed to Horizons, and if so I don't remember. Why are they changing Wonders of Life?! Imagination has been crippled; at least they got Figment back. (Now I want the light tunnel!) Spaceship Earth needs basic maintenance! My audio was skrewed! Test Track nailed it.

I think they need even more major emphasis & CURRENT info on GLOBAL WARMING!!! & practical alternatives that WE can do something about! Now that's a Community Of Tomorrow, TODAY!
    My
    (If I'm here, then I'm probably supposed to be animating instead.)

I think what I got out of all that (holy response batman LOL) was that you agree it should be educational if they can find a way to make edutainment fun like Test Track and not just a ride like Mission:Space. I couldn't agree more. I am all for refurbs when they are necessary to spruce things up a bit... but the general statement of "take the slow stuff out and give me thrills" is what I don't agree with.

Oh and welcome to the boards MiraNova!

I just think the WDI's need to make a new Future World attraction that is based on the actual future not the Meet the Robinson's future because then I would actually think that is the end of the Future World!

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    The Incredibles are the next Pirates... they will be EVERYWHERE!
    Ugh NOT another Pooh... and Stitch!

Mmmkay, here's my opinion, it's your right to agree or disagree.
    UoE...BORING. I think they should make the attraction more exciting... not necessarily a thrill ride, but maybe add some more updated celebs into the mix. Or interactive stuff. Probably, within the next decade or so, Disney's going to realize they have to appeal to the teenage/young adult crowd and will probably tweak it a little or change it completely. I agree that they should stick to Walt's ideas and I would LOVE to see that happen... but the guests might not "appreciate" the purpose behind the attraction. Most people don't even know the history of WDW... let alone the difference between DL and WDW. They just see it as "Disney World" not Walt Disney World.
    Last edited by Minnie_Mouse007; 02-05-2007 at 08:22 PM.
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

MiraNova23 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I think what I got out of all that (holy response batman LOL)
    Sry I ramble too much I know & the smilies...

I do appreciate the slower rides too, I just thought there were too many that were too similar too close together. To little kids, gets really boring really fast, and don't learn anything.

btw thanks for the welcome, though I do feel I've been here for quite a while already. ^.^

(I<3WALT! *stands up to be counted*)
    My
    (If I'm here, then I'm probably supposed to be animating instead.)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast