Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Dinosaur Ride Refurb in the News & Rumors forums; So... who out there has seen the "Meet the Robinson's" trailors? There's one posted on the new Disney.com that got me to thinking. Looks like the main "evil plot" for ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Post Dinosaur Ride Refurb

So... who out there has seen the "Meet the Robinson's" trailors? There's one posted on the new Disney.com that got me to thinking. Looks like the main "evil plot" for this movie is that the bad guy goes back in time and steals a dinosaur. Sounds like a familiar ride we all know doesn't it? Who wants to bet that not long after this movie is released a refurb is done of Dinosaur to tie it in with the movie?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

peterpanflight is offline Fastpass Holder
    i really hope not!! They should keep that ride as is. I used to work at that attraction back when it was countdown to extinction and it is still my favorite ride at animal kingdom!
    shannon

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Anything is possible, if the movie is a smash hit, but since that ride is already based on a Disney movie ("Dinosaur") and was refurbed once to turn it into a movie-tie-in, who knows!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

SaraHThunderRR is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    Anything is possible, if the movie is a smash hit, but since that ride is already based on a Disney movie ("Dinosaur") and was refurbed once to turn it into a movie-tie-in, who knows!
    true, but still, anything is possible :[ Dinosaur is one of my favorites.
    A dream is a wish your heart makes.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Speaking of "Meet the Robinsons", has anyone noticed the building in a part in the commercial that looks just like Space Mountain. Just thought that was kinda cool
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

peterpanflight is offline Fastpass Holder
    i did notice that!
    shannon

dbm20th is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Can't see that happening here. If it does, it would be minor.
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."

Mouse Extra
    determined to feed the Disney Addiction
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    I hope they don't change DINOSAUR it was may favorite ride @ AK
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by nicks10 View Post
    Speaking of "Meet the Robinsons", has anyone noticed the building in a part in the commercial that looks just like Space Mountain. Just thought that was kinda cool
    I did! And that led me to think something may go into Tomorrowland. But then you never know with Disney.

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    I would say lets leave the ride the way it is! We have seen enough of these different new movies coming into the parks and all so lets leave somethings to their original form!

DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I really cant see them doing something like that because they already made it tie into a movie plus Im sure that this "stealing a dinosaur" thing is just a slight sub plot so it wouldnt constitute taking over the Dino Institute...........plus everything in Dinoland is based on the idea of the Dino Institute so I dont thing they will change it
    4 8 15 16 23 42

"Rat, schmat, besides...they're tourists...what do they know?"

thepurplefoldercp.blogspot.com

ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    So... who out there has seen the "Meet the Robinson's" trailors? There's one posted on the new Disney.com that got me to thinking. Looks like the main "evil plot" for this movie is that the bad guy goes back in time and steals a dinosaur. Sounds like a familiar ride we all know doesn't it? Who wants to bet that not long after this movie is released a refurb is done of Dinosaur to tie it in with the movie?
    The Dinosaur thrill ride at Animal Kingdom is inspired by the movie Dinosaur. Why would the Disney Imagineers waste their time on Meet the Robinson's at Animal Kingdom when they should go over to EPCOT & bring them to Universe of Energy where its all about time travel like in the upcoming film.

Well, I'm thinking they'd only have to change the preshow and the audio track during the ride to tie it in... just got me to thinking is all. I mean, yeah they changed the name of it to tie it into the movie "Dinosaur" but the ride itself is nothing like that movie plot wise. To hear the plot of a new movie so similarly themed to a ride just really made me curious.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampDisney View Post
    The Dinosaur thrill ride at Animal Kingdom is inspired by the movie Dinosaur. Why would the Disney Imagineers waste their time on Meet the Robinson's at Animal Kingdom when they should go over to EPCOT & bring them to Universe of Energy where its all about time travel like in the upcoming film.
    If you haven't noticed... WDIs have been making sure to bring a piece of every new movie into the parks in some way to capitilize on the moment it's popular. It was just a thought... I'm entitled to them every now and then. LOL!

Still, the movie looks really cute. I seriously crack up every time I see the preview with the T-Rex... "I have a really big head and little arms" lol!
    Last edited by BamaJenn; 02-08-2007 at 08:18 AM.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

(deleted)
    Last edited by BamaJenn; 02-08-2007 at 08:18 AM. Reason: *deleted*

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    AWWW man..they can't get rid of Phylicia Rashad! I love her on that intro video!
    Tina

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast