Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss I was told in the News & Rumors forums; I agree with Miss Hakuna Matata, I also feel that Disney needs to add more things to both Animal Kingdom & Disney-MGM Studios before jumping to conclusions & start building ...
    ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I agree with Miss Hakuna Matata, I also feel that Disney needs to add more things to both Animal Kingdom & Disney-MGM Studios before jumping to conclusions & start building another theme park.

Raidermatt is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampDisney View Post
    I agree with Miss Hakuna Matata, I also feel that Disney needs to add more things to both Animal Kingdom & Disney-MGM Studios before jumping to conclusions & start building another theme park.
    All of Disney's public statements indicate that they do not have any plans to start building a new park in WDW or DLR anytime in the next few years. That doesn't mean its not possible of course, but they just recently told analysts they were lookng into smaller regional forms of entertainment.

To the OP, question... In was context did the CMs give you this info? I mean, its not normal for groups of CMs who actually have this kind of info to give it out freely to guests. Were these friends of yours?

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder
    I heard that they are definately building a fifth theme park.Im so excitted!
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

goofntink is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Haven't been on here in a while . Busy tearing down North Wing of CR. Being from the Construction side of things, I can honestly tell you that There will NOT be a 5th Park, or 5th gate as it has been also referred to anytime soon,if ever. WDW does NOT want another park,if any expansion were to be done which there is some being done right now,It will be at the existing parks or resorts. The expansion that is being looked at between MK and AK is for a shopping district more or less along the lines of a Downtown Disney 2 with a grocery store,a towne center with a park and fountains,and timeshare and resort hotels located on the Western Way and serviced by Wdw transportation.Idea behind this is it will no longer give a reason for Guests to have to leave Disney property to go to Wal-mart or Publix for example.

Wanted to add Disney is also kicking around the idea right now about building Downtown Disney's across the country.
    Last edited by goofntink; 02-13-2007 at 08:33 AM. Reason: additional information added

DisneyHottie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by goofntink View Post
    Wanted to add Disney is also kicking around the idea right now about building Downtown Disney's across the country.
    That sounds pretty cool. I dont mind that all..

Question-- is CR the Contemporary??
    Hopeful Fall '08 CPer!!
    In love with Cptn. Jack Sparrow

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampDisney View Post
    The 5th park I was told was going to be full of thrill rides so they can compete with Universal Studios & get as many teens out there to visit.
    Competion? Pfffttt, Universal lost before they even made their park!

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    No they have not. You see when it comes to teens they want Universal Studios because of the Hulk or Mummy coaster & all of those are considered being thrills.
    Thats why Disney thought of a 5th park with just thrill rides.
    Last edited by ChampDisney; 02-14-2007 at 04:20 PM.

gatormark67 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I don't care about adding a thrill park...but it would alleviate some of the crowds. That would be the only reason that I wouldn't mind seeing a 5th park.

I do like the idea of having a grocery store (Publix...please) on site, especially if the prices are the same as off property.

BrotherHuet is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Am i the only one who would rather they NOT build downtown disney's anywhere else but at Disney Resorts. Although I am sure they would be a success I just think it takes some of the magic away. And I know Disney is a money making company but I also think that their entertainment value has always been in the fact that when you are in disney world/disneyland it is a magic place on earth that no where else can compete with. If they try to start replicating that expereicne with cheaper versions of downtown disney everywhere else then I think it is just a watered down money making scheme. I say if they keep banking on the uniqueness of their resorts they will be far better off then if they just keep expanding.
    August 1983 Contemporary (Just one year old!)
    August 1986 Contemporary
    August 1987 Contemporary
    August 1988 Contemporary
    August 1989 Polynesian
    August 1990 Contemporary
    August 1991 Contemporary
    August 1992 Polynesian
    August 1993 Polynesian
    August 1995 All Star Sports/Polynesian
    August 1996 All Star Music/Polynesian
    January 1998 Polynesian
    March 2000 All Star Music (Senior class trip)
    July/August 2003 Off Property
    September 2006 All Star Music
    January 2007 Pop Century
    October 2009 Disneyland-Alpine Inn (off property)
    November 2010 Pop Century
    June 2012 Grand Californian

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    i dont think disney would ever make a thrill park maybe they will add more thrill rides but an entire park seems way to out of character and this would have to extend my vacation yay!!! i would love to have downtown disneys across the world it would be like a mini vacation to the world!!!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

dbm20th is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I believe that both aspects of the OP are wrong. DQ will close soon. And no 5th gate is even close.

The only thing that may happen is turning the WWS into a semi-theme park with the ESPN brand, but that is really iffy.

Folks, the cost of a theme park is not what prohibits WDW from building a 5th gate. WHat they have leanred from AK is that they have spread their resources thin. It's the cost of maintenance that truly is the problem. They are barely keeping up with maintenance on 4 parks, do you really think they are ready for a 5th? Plus, AK is far from complete.
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."

Mouse Extra
    determined to feed the Disney Addiction
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    If we get a thrill park, then maybe i'll be able to get some of my non-disney friends to come with me. I know some who had some bad times there as children and think that disney is close to the devil. I've been trying to convince them to love disney parks but they say that since there are no to very few thrill rides, then they dont really want to go. They like some disney movies and disney stuff, but they think that the parks embody the bad/childish/boring parts of disney. Obviously they are wrong, but if some of my friends(who are constantly bombarded by disney) think this, then i bet a lot of other teens think in the same way. If the thrill park really does happen, im sure that a lot more could be made off of this age-group or, in general, the market of people who are only into thrills of that nature
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I'd certainly rather see a new park intended to have big thrills (and compete with Universal I'm sure) than see them remove existing attractions at the current parks to replace them with thrill rides. But like others have said, there has been a 5th park rumor pretty much since Disney announced they were building AK so who knows.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

elphaba is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I wouldn't mind a new WDW park like Universal. I actually...um..REALLY LIKE UNIVERSAL STUDIOS! There! I said it! ICE DRAGON FOREVER!!
    RYAN

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by elphaba View Post
    I wouldn't mind a new WDW park like Universal. I actually...um..REALLY LIKE UNIVERSAL STUDIOS! There! I said it! ICE DRAGON FOREVER!!
    Blasphemer! LOL j/k
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast