Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss I was told in the News & Rumors forums; I was given the information that i started the thread with, by a bus driver going from Animal Kingdom to Port Orleans. He and I was talking and he told ...
    ruready2008 is offline A-Ticket holder

To respond to some of the questions

I was given the information that i started the thread with, by a bus driver going from Animal Kingdom to Port Orleans. He and I was talking and he told me that the hotel that is next to Pop Century is to be completed and given to the military to use as a Rec. Hotel like Shades of Green. He then told me about the theme park. Then when I was in Disney Quest I was talking to one of the maintenance workers who told me that ESPN will not be at Downtown Disney West Side unless they build a new building, and I asked him about the fifth park and he told me that he did see the plans at the Magic Kingdom, but would not really elaborate as I said before. So that came from two Cast Members on two different days and both say that a fifth park will be coming soon and that the announcement will come sometime soon.

Silver Magic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I LOVE thrill rides and I think it would be awesome if Disney World got more!

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I dont think a park full of all thrill rides would work in Disney for a number of reasons. All of the experiences in the parks are meant to be shared by adults and their children equally, which is what almost all of the attractions do now. A park full of thrill rides wouldnt really be that acommodating for smaller children and I think would almost ruin part of that magic that lets children and adults share their experiences together. Also, what would the rides be themed after? Disney is all about detail and theming and I think it would be difficult to come up with different themes for thrill rides for a whole park. Disney doesnt have alot of movies that could be themed into thrill attractions either (although I would have never thought Song of the South could be a thrill ride...) I would like to see a new park, just not an all thrill rides park. And hopefully they wait about 8-10 more years to develop the Studios and Animal Kingdom...
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by ruready2008 View Post
    he told me that the hotel that is next to Pop Century is to be completed and given to the military to use as a Rec. Hotel like Shades of Green.
    Hrm ok that's interesting. I'll believe it when I see it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruready
    I asked him about the fifth park and he told me that he did see the plans at the Magic Kingdom, but would not really elaborate as I said before.
    Well ok now I'm confused because the Magic Kingdom is a park in and of itself... so saying he did see plans for a 5th park at the MK doesn't make sense. Unless he was saying he saw the plans actually like while inside the MK? That I'd get. Still... just interesting is all. They are usually so sworn to secrecy.
    Last edited by BamaJenn; 03-14-2007 at 02:59 PM.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I really don't see any of this happening. Disney doesn't have to compete with Universal because they are selling apples, and Universal is selling oranges. I've only been to Disney Quest twice, but I thought it was fun; more fun than going to the ESPN Zone in Baltimore. I'd love to see Disney Quest stay as is or get upgraded.

CMs hear rumors just like the rest of us, and although a maintenance worker and a bus driver are the cornerstones of what makes visiting the parks magical, I'm afraid at the corporate level, I wouldn't expect them to be part of the loop. I will be very impressed if this all comes to pass and will take my hat off to whom ever broke the news here first.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

cskiff7895 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Thrill Park would be nice, but does anyone else not see disney that way, they are a company built on "dreams" not "thrills". Just curious to see what others think

limabeanmom2003 is offline A-Ticket holder
    very interesting
    Disney World is my Happy Place!

dbm20th is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Unfortunately, bus drivers are notorious for...what's the right word here...hyperbole
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."

Mouse Extra
    determined to feed the Disney Addiction
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

sdale1227 is offline Thank you... Flora Call Disney.... for giving us Walt!
    Maybe if it is a thriller type park...maybe it will be a VILLIANS theme.

Have a Magical Day! Sharon

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney
    Been to Disney in 1975, 1985, 1988, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007......

DisneyHippie is offline A-Ticket holder
    how about a new area dedicated to "thrills" to attract those tempted to visit the competition? Just an idea...
    Peace, love, and lots of Disney to the rescue!

dbm20th is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyHippie View Post
    how about a new area dedicated to "thrills" to attract those tempted to visit the competition? Just an idea...
    Considering how much the competition is struggling to keep up, I can't see it right now
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."

Mouse Extra
    determined to feed the Disney Addiction
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

Brian_WDW74 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Disney has already tried its version of the thrill park: California Adventure. The response hasn't been exactly overwhelming.

*Brian*

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_WDW74 View Post
    Disney has already tried its version of the thrill park: California Adventure. The response hasn't been exactly overwhelming.
    Y'know that's actually a good point.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    i dont think Disney would compete with Universal i mean come on we already all know we are the better theme park lol!!! but anyways i would love to see more thrill rides with a Disney twist on them i think that would be very cool!! and i know Disney can pull it off unlike Universal (Yuck!) lol!!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

jonniek13 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I heard there will be seven parks built in total. Probably take 20 years to do it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast