Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss I was told in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by ruready2008 I was told by a group of CM's at Disney Quest about two interesting things. First I asked them if it was true that at the ...
    snuffieslady626 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ruready2008 View Post
    I was told by a group of CM's at Disney Quest about two interesting things.
    First I asked them if it was true that at the end of the year that Disney Quest was going to shut down and become ESPN, and they laughed and told me that Disney was currently adding three million dollars worth of equiptment to Disney Quest and that they had heard this rumor and laughed because like they said, Disney is spending three million dollars right now, and are going to put an additional eight miilion into it by 2009. They are currently writing a new Pirates of the Caribbean game so that it will have the characters from the films. They expect it to be complete by next summer if all goes as planned.

The second thing was that they informed me that Disney is indeed working on a fifth park which will be located somewhere between Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. They told me that within the next year and a half, Diney will unveil everything. They did not know the name, but one of them said that he had seen early models of it and it looks like a thrill park.
    First of all....Welcome! Second.. a thrill park would be great!
    This is your badness level.

It's unusually high
    for someone your size.

kngdmhrts3 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    there is no way that the boys are going to build a new park, they want to refurb all of the stuff that they already have before starting something new,
    they want to refurb HM, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder, Space Mountain, SSE, Maelstrom, KRR, ST etc...
    Hakuna Matata

"They say Walt Disney World is the Happiest Place on Earth, but they have never been in your arms"

ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by kngdmhrts3 View Post
    there is no way that the boys are going to build a new park, they want to refurb all of the stuff that they already have before starting something new,
    they want to refurb HM, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder, Space Mountain, SSE, Maelstrom, KRR, ST etc...
    Not to mention the lack of attractions at the Disney-MGM Studios & Animal Kingdom. That's the only reason why I'm not in favor for a new Walt Disney World theme park yet.
    Last edited by ChampDisney; 06-02-2007 at 12:23 AM.

mickeymaster is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampDisney View Post
    Not to mention the lack of attractions at the Disney-MGM Studios & Animal Kingdom. That's the only reason I'm not in favor for a new Walt Disney World theme park yet.
    yeah, i would like to see another E ticket attraction at Animal Kingdom. I heard they were doing something at AK like what they did with Tower of Terror and Rockin Rollercoaster. Expedition Everest is awesome, but another thrill ride right next to it would make it even better.
    Man has a Dream, and thats a start...

Right next to Everest? That wouldn't work out so good it will just overcrowd the area just like at Hollywood Blv. at Disney-MGM Studios. You know where Tower of Terror & Rockin' Rollercoaster are located at, it's a horror of tons of guests rushing to get to either in line to one of these E- tickets. So if that were to be planned out for Animal Kingdom I think they should reconsider.

mickeymaster is offline D-Ticket Holder
    yeah good point. If they could find some way to control the crowd I think it would be a great addition in making animal kingdom more than a half-day park
    Man has a Dream, and thats a start...

Oh, it will be just wait.

All4theShow is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I don't know about you all, but I get "thrills" just by going to Disney. It doesn't matter what I ride.

Always There
    Without A Care
    Soaking Up Sun
    And Having Some Fun!

She opened her eyes and I knew that my life would never be the same

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I'd like to see a Villain themed park...

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    To be honest, I was at a Disney Focus Group at the Grand Floridian in January during my trip, and they showed 8 of us their possible plans for a new park. I signed a non-disclosure agreement, so I won't give any details, but I will say that (once they iron out the major issues in the idea) if they execute it properly, it should be a treat. It wont be for all tastes, though. I'll also say that it could be called a 'thrill' park, but not necessarily in the way you're thinking. Sorry to be so mysterious about it, but I dont' want them getting mad at me and tracking me down for telling too much.

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345