Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss I was told in the News & Rumors forums; I was told by a group of CM's at Disney Quest about two interesting things. First I asked them if it was true that at the end of the year ...
    ruready2008 is offline A-Ticket holder

I was told

I was told by a group of CM's at Disney Quest about two interesting things.
    First I asked them if it was true that at the end of the year that Disney Quest was going to shut down and become ESPN, and they laughed and told me that Disney was currently adding three million dollars worth of equiptment to Disney Quest and that they had heard this rumor and laughed because like they said, Disney is spending three million dollars right now, and are going to put an additional eight miilion into it by 2009. They are currently writing a new Pirates of the Caribbean game so that it will have the characters from the films. They expect it to be complete by next summer if all goes as planned.

The second thing was that they informed me that Disney is indeed working on a fifth park which will be located somewhere between Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. They told me that within the next year and a half, Diney will unveil everything. They did not know the name, but one of them said that he had seen early models of it and it looks like a thrill park.

DisneyGuy81 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    That would be very cool if they came up with another theme park. I wonder what it will be about????
    -Scott

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!

DisneyChick4lif is offline A-Ticket holder
    That's awesome!! I can't wait to see the new park
    Hopeful future Walt Disney World College Program participant
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

DisneyHottie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    wow..all this information is soo cool. It just makes it harder for all of us. First we went to Disney for 3 days, now 4, and now we have to go for 5. O darn ...
    Hopeful Fall '08 CPer!!
    In love with Cptn. Jack Sparrow

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    Another new park would be really, really exciting! But I am not gonna believe it just yet, only because the rumors have existed for SO long about a thill park, a villans park and everything in between. I hope it happens tho! That just means one more park to go to!

C-Howdizzle is offline E-Ticket Holder
    22 DRIVING hours away from WDW...(Chi-town)
    new disney park YAY!
    Iv been ON space mountain when the lights were on!!! not in line...i was ON THE RIDE!!! I know your jealous...

2008 Upcoming- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2007- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2006- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2005- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2004- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002- Carribean Beach Resort
    2000- Disney Institute (with School Friend)

WOW!! thanks for the 411!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

HomeofLove4Him is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Hmmm. I'm not sure how I feel about a 'thrill' park, honestly.

I think it's one of the biggest things that separates WDW from coughuniversalstudioscough WDW is totally, 100% family friendly, and is all about "wishes" and "making dreams come true" and "magic", etc....whereas coughuniversalcough is all about THRILL. Granted, dh and I did have a great time at coughuniversalcough this summer, when we went on a buy one/get one pass in the mail... but it was just about thrill thrill thrill--there was no "magic", no "dreams come true", no "wish upon a star" or anything like that. I really believe that is what separates WDW and makes it what it is.....and IMO, a "thrills" theme park, while in good competition with coughuniversalcough, would be kinda....well, wierd....to me, for what I know WDW as being.

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    hmm.. I doubt Disney would do a "thrill" park.

Perhaps a park with thrills in it but not a thrill park
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

disneyimagineer is offline You may notice that I'm not all here myself
    Quote Originally Posted by ruready2008 View Post
    I was told by a group of CM's at Disney Quest about two interesting things.
    First I asked them if it was true that at the end of the year that Disney Quest was going to shut down and become ESPN, and they laughed and told me that Disney was currently adding three million dollars worth of equiptment to Disney Quest and that they had heard this rumor and laughed because like they said, Disney is spending three million dollars right now, and are going to put an additional eight miilion into it by 2009. They are currently writing a new Pirates of the Caribbean game so that it will have the characters from the films. They expect it to be complete by next summer if all goes as planned.

The second thing was that they informed me that Disney is indeed working on a fifth park which will be located somewhere between Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. They told me that within the next year and a half, Diney will unveil everything. They did not know the name, but one of them said that he had seen early models of it and it looks like a thrill park.
    That's so cool! It would probably take a while to build because that's right where the golf coarses are, and they would have to level out the land.

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."-Walt Disney
    TTFN, Ta Ta For Now!
    Can you stand on your head?

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    what would be neat if they made a 5th park
    but where you can walk through monstropolis from monsters inc.
    radiator springs from cars and little towns from movies and have the different rides
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeofLove4Him View Post
    Hmmm. I'm not sure how I feel about a 'thrill' park, honestly.

I think it's one of the biggest things that separates WDW from coughuniversalstudioscough WDW is totally, 100% family friendly, and is all about "wishes" and "making dreams come true" and "magic", etc....whereas coughuniversalcough is all about THRILL. Granted, dh and I did have a great time at coughuniversalcough this summer, when we went on a buy one/get one pass in the mail... but it was just about thrill thrill thrill--there was no "magic", no "dreams come true", no "wish upon a star" or anything like that. I really believe that is what separates WDW and makes it what it is.....and IMO, a "thrills" theme park, while in good competition with coughuniversalcough, would be kinda....well, wierd....to me, for what I know WDW as being.
    Well, Keep in mind Disney has it's way of incorporating "family" into various things. Like Mission Space... They have the playground and interactive games after the ride for the kids. They always think about their princesses and pirates. Think about it, they would have thrill rollercoasters for the youngsters and for the teens/young adults/adults. If they made a thrill park, I think people would be curious about if Disney REALLY made thrill rides like Universal, Islands of Adventure, and Busch Gardens. I think they'd make a GREAT deal of money off of their thrill rides. Then I can say "Take THAT Universal!" Just kidding.
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    The 5th park I was told was going to be full of thrill rides so they can compete with Universal Studios & get as many teens out there to visit.

Song757 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Yes DQ is not closing!!!! I went for the first time last year and it was great! A new park would be cool. But that rumor has been around for years, so we will have to wait and see.
    GreatestPlace on Earth

Greatest Airline on Earth R.I.P Song Airlines

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    very cool, i would be more excited to see a new theme park than additions made to disney quest. I have only been to disney quest once and it was fun. They best thing they had there was the design and ride your own rollar coaster thing. I probably wont go back there anytime soon though. A new theme park would be cool but i think they could add so much more to animal kingdon before they build a new park.
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast