Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss New Haunted Mansion Rumors in the News & Rumors forums; I was told by my Cast Member friend yesterday that the reason for the removal of the "ring" outside the Haunted Mansion was so that they could actually REPLACE it ...
    elphaba is offline E-Ticket Holder

Talking New Haunted Mansion Rumors

I was told by my Cast Member friend yesterday that the reason for the removal of the "ring" outside the Haunted Mansion was so that they could actually REPLACE it with an ACTUAL ring to go along with a new storyline they are adding in mid 2008 . Nothing has been confirmed, but get ready to see some changes to WDW's Haunted Mansion in the very near future. I for one am VERY exicted to see some changes and hopefully they will add the Black Widow Bride effect. If you haven't seen it yet, check it out ASAP!!
    RYAN

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    How cool!

I'm gonna see if I can confirm this when I go.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

magikindom is offline It's Yeti time!
    I hope the put in the Disneyland bride.
    I'm only happy in Disney World
    I am still a proud pod person
    Keep on babbeling

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Ok what is the black widow bride effect? I have ridden haunted mansion like 100 times is this a new effect or a name for something that has always been in the ride??
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Wow, I'm shocked I thought Walt Disney World was just going to add new effects & a gift shop. This will be a very good wait for a new storyline & thank you Elphaba for bringing the latest news to us!

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i think updates/refurbs are nice...every rides needs some freshing up sometimes but i really hate when they change the dynamics of the ride...i guess i say when something aint broke don't fix it!
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

Livng the magic is offline A-Ticket holder
    Ok what is the black widow bride effect? I have ridden haunted mansion like 100 times is this a new effect or a name for something that has always been in the ride??
    yes does any one know what the black widow bride effect is, I have never heard of this either.
    Do What You like, like What You Do
    Life Is Good

Its probably over at Disneyland California, they have better effects for some reason.

TestSherpa is offline D-Ticket Holder
    In the DL version there is a bride with a thumping heart in the attic. It is very creepy and they added to the story line with "I dos" in the audio track and the shadow of an axe on the wall. I guess the story line is about a bride who kills her husband on their wedding night. I've heard the story before, but cannot remember the details.
    M
    Founder of TestSherpa LSAT Test Preparation
    The LSAT is not as fun as the Haunted Mansion, but just as scary.

Song757 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I want them to leave hm alone! Why fix something that isntt broken?
    GreatestPlace on Earth

Greatest Airline on Earth R.I.P Song Airlines

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    i would like to see the ring come back, i never even got the chance to see it in the first place
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

DisneyGuy81 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I think that it would be interesting to see a new storyline although I like the way the hm is now....what to do? what to do?
    -Scott

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Song757 View Post
    I want them to leave hm alone! Why fix something that isntt broken?
    Trust me buddy there is alot to be done with the Haunted Mansion. First, I truly think they need to put in more scarier AA figures because the one they have now are very old & rusty. The effects has been very poor & something needs to be done with the tracks or is it just the Doom Buggies that just make it seem bumpy?

Quote Originally Posted by elphaba View Post
    I was told by my Cast Member friend yesterday that the reason for the removal of the "ring" outside the Haunted Mansion was so that they could actually REPLACE it with an ACTUAL ring to go along with a new storyline they are adding in mid 2008 . Nothing has been confirmed, but get ready to see some changes to WDW's Haunted Mansion in the very near future. I for one am VERY exicted to see some changes and hopefully they will add the Black Widow Bride effect. If you haven't seen it yet, check it out ASAP!!
    Here's a quote from our own Jiminy Cricket who just took the Key's to the Kingdom Tour yesterday.

"BTW, the “wedding ring” was recently covered over with epoxy by the maintenance department to prevent guests from stopping the flow out of the HM. However, Cast Members have chipped away most of the epoxy and the ring is back."

You can read the rest of his trip report here...http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ad.php?t=10916

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Go CM's! How dare the maintainance dept. cover over the ring for traffic purposes!!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast