Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Star Tours in the News & Rumors forums; I would really like to see a little update to this ride. But that pretty much goes for most of the video elements in the attractions. Mike...
    pdtdpu22 is offline A-Ticket holder

Star Tours

I would really like to see a little update to this ride. But that pretty much goes for most of the video elements in the attractions.

Mike
    2006 Fall - BCV
    2006 Spring - Pop Century
    2004 New Years - OKW
    2003 Honeymoon - Disney Wonder
    2003 Honeymoon - BCV
    2002 Summer WLV
    2000 Summer OKW
    1987 Fall - Offsite

joepic is offline A-Ticket holder
    i like the ride the way it is, every time i go back on it, it still feels the same as it always had, I wouldn't really want to see any new changes, but if there happens to be any, Disney always pulls it off very well

I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things. - Walt Disney

August 2008 - Contemporary
    , 2004 - Swan, 2003 - Swan, 2002 - Dolphin, 2000 - Coronado Springs, 1999 - Coronado Springs, 1998 - Caribbean Beach, 1997- Caribbean Beach, 1996 - Contemporary

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
    I heard May 22nd 2008 from a few sources.
    Ha ha ha haaaaaaa......... believe me, I'd love to believe that, but you'll have to pardon my skepticism. I still remember when it was promised in the summer of 1999. Then it got bumped back to 2000. 2001. 2002........

At this point, Mr. Speilburg and Mr. Lucas need to start putting money where their collective mouth is. Honestly, I'm sort of hoping at this stage that it doesn't happen. I'd hate to imagine my favorite archaeologist getting the same treatment the Star Wars saga got.........
    Last edited by Conceited Ape; 03-25-2007 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Typos.......why'd it HAVE to be typos?

ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    2008 maybe the time when George Lucas does produce another film for the attraction. And the only reason why they didn't make the film back in 2000 & 2002 is because Lucas already had alot on his plate such as finishing the Star Wars saga. So if I heard correctly Indy 4 should be done by 2008 so Lucas may start filming after.

Deviant is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape View Post
    Ha ha ha haaaaaaa......... believe me, I'd love to believe that, but you'll have to pardon my skepticism. I still remember when it was promised in the summer of 1999. Then it got bumped back to 2000. 2001. 2002........

At this point, Mr. Speilburg and Mr. Lucas need to start putting money where their collective mouth is. Honestly, I'm sort of hoping at this stage that it doesn't happen. I'd hate to imagine my favorite archaeologist getting the same treatment the Star Wars saga got.........
    I know what you mean. I haven't followed it as much as you probably, but in the past couple months I've heard it mentioned a lot on TV (Conan mentioned it in his monolouge recently). I don't ever remember any real mention of it back in '99 or even '02 so I was thinking maybe mentioning it on TV now was a good sign. I don't know though.

Disclaimer: This post is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Disney World Trivia, Walt Disney World or the Walt Disney Company.

Song757 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I am kind of splite when i think about them changing it. I like the orginal, but it would be nice to see a new film. Oh well I guess ill just have to sit back and wait.

GreatestPlace on Earth

Greatest Airline on Earth R.I.P Song Airlines

HiddenMick is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I don't want another video cuz whenever I go on it, i end up in a ship full of people who have never been on it, and they SCREAM!!! it's hilarious!!!

other than that, they should make a new video.
    Can't run away from Trouble, ain't no place that far.

EpcotCenter1 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I think the Star Tours is in desprate need of an update.I like the idea of each ship going to a different planet because it can get that spaceport type feeling.
    May the force be with you

CameronKyle is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidermatt View Post
    I personally would like to see maybe 2 or 3 different films going at the same time. Each simulator would be going to a different destination, and guests could choose which they want to go on. Same could be done with Soarin' btw.
    Totally! You should be able to Soar over California OR Florida. Would be neat seeing all the Florida attractions you never see while blinded by the awesomeness that is Disney.

Oh and for the Indy 4. They've been releasing photos the past few weeks and it is currently in production!!! Harrison Ford looks sooooooooo old

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    "It's not the years, honey--it's the mileage."

Yeah, I'll second that. But Karen Allen looks awesome for a woman her age.

Still, I'm holding out for a preview. THEN I'll believe it (they've been promising Indy IV for the last fifteen years).

CameronKyle is offline A-Ticket holder
    Check out the videos and the pictures on the offical website (indianajones.com) Shia LaBeouf is even in it this time! (I'm assuming as Indy's son) and Ray Winstone (as Indy's partner?)
    And yes, Karen Allen looks EXACTLY like she did in Raiders. Now that's a woman that ages well!

Principal photography began June 18, 2007!
    Last edited by CameronKyle; 08-14-2007 at 04:21 AM.

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    If this DOES get a refurb, it may take a while. I mean, look how long it took them to finally give the Haunted Mansion a refurb?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider1227 View Post
    If this DOES get a refurb, it may take a while. I mean, look how long it took them to finally give the Haunted Mansion a refurb?
    I'm thinking about a three to five months refurb.

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampDisney View Post
    I'm thinking about a three to five months refurb.
    I meant how long it took Disney to finally shut the ride down to give it it's refurb

Oh okay, I heard 2008 or 2009.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast