Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss New ride rumors in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B Pooh's Playful Spot took place of 20,000. They completely paved that in and sealed up the lagoon, so there won't be a water ride there anytime ...
    MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post
    Pooh's Playful Spot took place of 20,000. They completely paved that in and sealed up the lagoon, so there won't be a water ride there anytime in the future. I was talking with some CMs and Imagineers when they were doing it and they said they hope to put another "fantasyland themed" attraction there such as Alice or something unique that they don't have anywhere else. Basically there is room for 2-3 more "Snow White" or "Peter Pan" type attractions. They said thats the plan for the future sometime, but no clue when.
    I was actually about to say something very similar to what she said ^^

Seeing as the lagoon was just filled in (wow, it seems like only yesterday, but i guess it really was a couple years already), the odds of the location being occupied by a water ride in the future I think are pretty darn low. I can guarantee however that Pooh's Playful Spot is only a temporary placeholder, and not a permanent attraction. My CM-girlfriend has in fact heard from someone in Imagineering that there is another ride set to go in there in the near future, but what it is, and when exactly we will first start to see construction, I don't know.

Now as for my share of rumor starting... I have been wondering for a long time now what Disney is going to do with that whole big wooded area that is currently behind Fantasyland. If you ride the WDWRR around the back of the park and take a look, the whole place back there is starting to look run down and just plain neglected. At the very least it looks like it could use some landscaping and a little pick-me-up. But I have been sitting here scratching my scalp for some time now, wondering whether Disney would invest their dollars in dressing up and fixing up the woods, or just plain clearing some of that out and putting in something new that can make them more business. I would tend to think the latter option would be more likely, but I think we'll have to wait and see what goes in place of Pooh for now, and see how much space that takes up. Then maybe we'll see just how much space Imagineering will have left to work with back there.

(If you take a good look at the park from above using Google Earth or something, it's pretty easy to see that there is enough room behind fantasyland to actually build a whole new themed "land" onto the park if they really wanted. I don't think that we'll see anything quite that drastic, but there's definitely room for a HUGE ride or two back there... or else several smaller ones.)
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Quote Originally Posted by nicks10 View Post
    How about Pinocchios Daring Adventure (I think thats what its called) I've always wanted to go on it, but have never been to disneyland. I would also love to see the Little Mermaid ride featured on the dvd. More Fantasyland dark rides are the way to go!
    Pinocchio's is a good ride, but Alice is my favorite. On Alice, you all of a sudden end up on the roof of the building outside! It was highly amusing. Actually, it was my Dad's favorite. No, let me rephrase that. It was one of his favorites. His real favorite was the Casey Jr. Circus train for preschoolers.

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA View Post
    I was actually about to say something very similar to what she said ^^
    Good to know we think alike.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Tink1207 is offline A-Ticket holder
    We need a Monster's Inc ride too, not just the Comedy Club.......!!!!!!!!!

disneyfan1329 is offline A-Ticket holder

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by The 5ive O View Post
    Even though Spaceship Earth just "recently" was changed, I heard that after Seimens picked up the sponser, they were going to change the ride into someting faster. The contract is for 12 years. Hopefully we'll see something soon from them.
    Are you serious? you cant just change a classic like that. Although i love roller coasters, i love the calming feeling that you get when you go on that ride

Come and see my VMK central podcast:
    http://vmkcentral.mypodcast.com/

snuffieslady626 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Hakuna Matata~ View Post
    i wish they would put in the little mermaid ride that is shown in the dvd, that ride looks amazing!

My daughters ask me about the mermaid ride from the dvd EVERY TIME we TALK about going. That wasn't very nice to tease!!!!
    This is your badness level.

It's unusually high
    for someone your size.

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink1207 View Post
    We need a Monster's Inc ride too, not just the Comedy Club.......!!!!!!!!!
    I agree i wish disneyworld had the darkride that disneyland got.

ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by bucknut20 View Post
    I agree i wish disneyworld had the darkride that disneyland got.
    Disneyland has a dark ride, Walt Disney World has a show, but coming in 2008 Tokyo Disneyland is getting a Monsters Inc. attraction way better than both combined & it is called Monsters Inc. Hide & Go Seek. What I hear that it is going to be like Toy Story Mania with 3D images & you would be able to catch monsters with your flashlight. So of course we know who has the best Monsters Inc. attraction even if that one hasn't opened yet.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post
    Pinocchio's is a good ride, but Alice is my favorite. On Alice, you all of a sudden end up on the roof of the building outside! It was highly amusing. Actually, it was my Dad's favorite. No, let me rephrase that. It was one of his favorites. His real favorite was the Casey Jr. Circus train for preschoolers.

I can't wait to check all of those out for myself in a couple of weeks! I want to see everything that isn't at WDW. Scratch that, I just want to see EVERYTHING.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan1329 View Post
    Are you serious? you cant just change a classic like that. Although i love roller coasters, i love the calming feeling that you get when you go on that ride
    Meeeee toooo. I love SSE.

Disneyfreak5 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I think Journey to the Center of the Earth should land in Walt Disney World. There is a bunch of space back there. Maybe Journey should go there. Or any thing but there is just a big gap between Frontierland and Mickey's ToonTown Fair. Maybe they'll replace Toontown Fair and use some of that space to make a better land. Maybe Disney Sea.
    12 year old disney expert

TestSherpa is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Pinoke's has some great classic Imagineering effects, too. Walt originally planned walk throughs like DL's SB castle. I know that ride technology has increased greatly, but walk throughs might be another way to entertain the little ones who miss a lot in the rush of the rides.
    M
    Founder of TestSherpa LSAT Test Preparation
    The LSAT is not as fun as the Haunted Mansion, but just as scary.

Song757 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Mabye disneysea
    Yeah buddy they have that. Its called the living seas. Oh wait Disney already ruined that, now its called the seas with nemo and friends.
    Last edited by Song757; 04-09-2007 at 10:10 PM.
    GreatestPlace on Earth

Greatest Airline on Earth R.I.P Song Airlines

ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Song757 View Post
    Yeah buddy they have that. Its called the living seas. Oh wait Disney already ruined that, now its called the seas with nemo any friend.
    Yeah buddy, I believe its the Seas with Nemo & Friends.

Song757 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Yeah a couple of mispellings in there. I fixed them my bad. lol
    GreatestPlace on Earth

Greatest Airline on Earth R.I.P Song Airlines

AliceinDisney is offline A-Ticket holder
    I think a little mermaid ride is iniment . They keep showing things about Little Mermaid as a ride, its been toyed with so many years now, that I think it undoubtadely will happen.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast