Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Spaceship Earth wand removal in the News & Rumors forums; Wow - I've been going to Disney for a long time and I remember SSE pre-wand, and I gotta be honest here - - I kind of like the wand. ...
    Justin M is offline Fastpass Holder
    Wow - I've been going to Disney for a long time and I remember SSE pre-wand, and I gotta be honest here - - I kind of like the wand. It adds a magical touch. Sorry purists!

As for the hat - - geez, I never knew there was such hatred. What is really wrong with it? I enjoy the hat, I like the look of it - it is certainly more imaginative and whimsical than the Chinese theater - and I think it makes for a great icon that young kids can recognize in a park full of things that don't really work for them.
    Justin

www.dreamcmo.com

Send your questions about my CMO experiences to Justin@dreamCMO.com and you just might make it on the site!

Find me on 'Facebook' as well! http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=506475946

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpxsEymi9SE - CMO Blooper reel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiIo5xUlQkg - CMO "Adventurosity Remix"

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Taking it down would take some time to get used to...Does anyone know when they are taking it down?
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Creambunni is offline It's a small world after all...
    I don't really care if they remove the wand or not, I don't think the wand really adds or removes anything from the original ball, it's just some decoration. The hat, however, I admit not liking all to much. It's kinda tacky to me.
    "It's a small world after all..."

Nenny_Mouse is offline Fastpass Holder
    keep the wand and keep the hat! those are icons! just like that whole 4 parks one world saying, the icons are the hat and the... well okay the wand isnt on the ball put it says epcot and i think thats cooL! LOL
    Karen S.K. fellow scrapbooker and disney addict since September 12th, 1985

It all started with a mouse..... and noone in my family can stop it!!!:mickey:

DisneyHottie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    wow.. great site... i just read all the blogs on the front page (well most of them). Its quite interesting...
    Hopeful Fall '08 CPer!!
    In love with Cptn. Jack Sparrow

NORMNB8S is offline And they call him Sandy Claws
    I'm torn. At first, I hated the attachment when it said 2000. But I accepted it because I assumed that it was temporary. Then when they changed it to say EPCOT...well, I had already accepted it for what it was so it didn't bother me that much. Spaceship Earth was great without the attachment. I'll always love the old commercial with Mickey waving from the top of Spaceship Earth. But it isn't terrible with the attachment either. It looks good at night.

As for the hat...yeah, bring back the Chines Theatre....
    Engaged to a wonderful woman on 12-12-08 at the Magic Kingdom!

Pop Century - August 2005
    Caribbean Beach - December 2008

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder
    Are the imagineers actually going to take it down? I don't want it to go, but this rumor has been said for a long time and there is still no action being taken.
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    Quote Originally Posted by trickster View Post
    I like the wand over SSE!
    Me too, Rich! It's pretty!
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i would totally be ok w/ both coming down....i think the hat looks like they just plunked it down and kinda just left it there...it blocks the view down the blvd.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    Quote Originally Posted by Nenny_Mouse View Post
    keep the wand and keep the hat! those are icons! just like that whole 4 parks one world saying, the icons are the hat and the... well okay the wand isnt on the ball put it says epcot and i think thats cooL! LOL
    The hat was not the icon for Disney/MGM Studios, nor was the theater. The water tower with the Mouse ears is the original icon for the Studios. The theater was the center of the park, to draw you into the "old Hollywood". The theater is completely obscured by the hat and it breaks up the feel of the park as you head down Hollywood Blvd.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

DisneyGuy81 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I was thinking the same thing Lisa. I remember the water tower before any other icon at Disney-MGM Studios. I am going there tomorrow so I wil be looking for that "old" icon that I still think about when I think about that park.
    -Scott

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!

nicks_ahoy is offline Jungle VIP
    The Hat might look good maybe closer to Fantasmic to the side so it doesnt get in anyones views of Tower of Terror or RnR. As for the Wand I like it

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I love the wand! I have a picture of it from my last trip as the wallpaper on my cellphone I'm with others, SSE is an architectual marvel, but at night when the wand is all lit up...it's an amazing sight to see! As for the hat, well I don't know what MGM looks like without it, so to me it would look odd without it.

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

Contemporary05 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    The faster that wand comes down, the better. The geodesic sphere was an icon in and of itself. It looks modern while looking timeless at the same time. The wand doesn't match any of the other buildings in FutureWorld. And lose that hat in MGM...just please.
    Facebook Me!

"Don't talk when I'm SHOUTING!'
    "Putting you in a chicken is cruelty to animals!"
    -General Knowledge

edward.lee8 is offline A-Ticket holder

Lime Light

I heard once that in the theater they used to shine light through limestone to increase its brightness. All the performers wanted to get into the brightest part of the light, hence seeking out the limelight.
    dont know if thats true or not

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast