Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Spaceship Earth wand removal in the News & Rumors forums; "Save the Wand"!! As for the Hat over at MGM, I do like it, but I feel that it good have been placed somewhere else. I only say this because, ...
    trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    "Save the Wand"!!

As for the Hat over at MGM, I do like it, but I feel that it good have been placed somewhere else. I only say this because, in my opinion, it spoils the view you used to get looking at the front of the GMR Chinese Theater Building.
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC
    I LIKE THE WAND......................................BUT IF THEY DO TAKE IT OFF THOUGH ,..........IT,LL BE A BIT LIKE WHEN THE CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS FIRST COME DOWN..................IT,LL ONLY LOOK BARE TILL YOU GET USED TO IT AGAIN WITHOUT IT.
    THE HAT SPOILS THE VIEW OF THAT LOVELY BUILDING (CHINESE THEATRE )............I,D LIKE TO SEE THAT GO INTO RETIREMENT

I Belle
    Maggie

elphaba is offline E-Ticket Holder
    FINALLY THAT STUPID EYESORE IS COMING DOWN!! I am SOOO glad that dumb wand is coming down! That wand, I think, took away from the true spirit of Epcot! Dreams really DO come true...:
    RYAN

Justin M is offline Fastpass Holder
    Okay - I've got to make a comfession here . . . I posted on this thread earlier stating that I liked both the wand and the hat for various reasons. HOWEVER, after reading that blog that was linked in the first post and checking out some pictures, and doing a little researching I think I have been converted! It's time to restore somethings to the way the 'should' be.

Check out the photos of MGM before the hat - the Chinese Theater is a great 'weenie'. I don't know about the details with royalties, etc. for pictures that someone mentioned, but the theater itself is a great draw into the park.

As for the wand, the analogy with christmas decorations is probably pretty accurate. We'll get used to it when it's gone.
    Justin

www.dreamcmo.com

Send your questions about my CMO experiences to Justin@dreamCMO.com and you just might make it on the site!

Find me on 'Facebook' as well! http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=506475946

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpxsEymi9SE - CMO Blooper reel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiIo5xUlQkg - CMO "Adventurosity Remix"

pixiedustdani is offline A-Ticket holder
    So, basically you guys want Disney to always stay exactly the same? I agree, sometimes it is sad to see something change and we may prefer it another way, but imagine what it would look like if they didn't change a thing from the time it was opened. Things have to change, they have to adapt to new crowds, new fans. Stop being so selfish and open your mind a little bit. You want to control it? Than build your own theme park and you can do whatever you want. I don't understand why people are so critical. They can't operate a park that is going to please every single person. I doubt the wand is having much of an effect on whether people go there or not, I was just there Saturday and I'm pretty sure the thousands of other people there were having a good time. Lighten up.

wdwfan1313 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiedustdani View Post
    So, basically you guys want Disney to always stay exactly the same? I agree, sometimes it is sad to see something change and we may prefer it another way, but imagine what it would look like if they didn't change a thing from the time it was opened. Things have to change, they have to adapt to new crowds, new fans. Stop being so selfish and open your mind a little bit. You want to control it? Than build your own theme park and you can do whatever you want. I don't understand why people are so critical. They can't operate a park that is going to please every single person. I doubt the wand is having much of an effect on whether people go there or not, I was just there Saturday and I'm pretty sure the thousands of other people there were having a good time. Lighten up.
    I don't think it has anything to do with not wanting things to remain the same and constantly static. At least for me it's not. I am all for change. And that being said I'm looking foward to the change of the wand being removed. It's simply a matter of opinon that the wand detracts from the overall look of the park. Of course I will continue to go with or with out the wand, but that doesn't mean I won't be happy when the wand gets dismantled.

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Wow. That was a little harsh and uncalled for.
    Tina

wdwfan1313 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by aeronautxearth View Post
    Wow. That was a little harsh and uncalled for.
    If you were refering to me I apologize. That was not at all my intent, I was just stating my opinion.

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwfan1313 View Post
    If you were refering to me I apologize. That was not at all my intent, I was just stating my opinion.

hhaha, no! I was referring to the one you were quoting; I didn't know it was selfish to express an opinion.
    Tina

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Personally I like the and I can adapt to whatever may happen one way or another. I do like the wand because we can see if from our resort which is a nice sight at night. I like being able to see the magic shining as we get ready for the end of another day. If they take it down it's not the end of the world and definately not worth any negativity one way or another. Right now it is just a rumor and something to think about.
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

pixiedustdani is offline A-Ticket holder
    I wasn't being harsh. And I wasn't referring to one person in general. It just irritates me when people are so critical of something they don't like in the parks. There are things I am not fond of but I don't act rude saying how stupid something is just because I don't like it. Nothing in Disney has ever stayed completely unchanged so obviously the wand is no different, in time it will change or be removed completely.

It just seems that people that are such big fans of Disney would be a little more accepting of everything as a whole.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, that was not my intention. I was just stating my opinion as well.

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    I wasn't being harsh. And I wasn't referring to one person in general. It just irritates me when people are so critical of something they don't like in the parks. There are things I am not fond of but I don't act rude saying how stupid something is just because I don't like it. Nothing in Disney has ever stayed completely unchanged so obviously the wand is no different, in time it will change or be removed completely.

It just seems that people that are such big fans of Disney would be a little more accepting of everything as a whole.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, that was not my intention. I was just stating my opinion as well.
    Please accept my sincere apologize if my thoughts on the wand made you feel like you had to apologize, that was never my intention. I just wanted to state my thoughts on it as well, just like you did. There is no reason for anyone to be so negative as that is not the Disney way!

Welcome and I hope you keep coming back!
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

BrotherHuet is offline B-Ticket Holder
    personally in future world for me at least it just looks tacky. Ask yourself why on earth is it a wand? Magic wands have nothing to do with the theme of future world. If it were say a rocket ship I would still hate it but at least it would make sense. I think a better choice for the wand if people seem to like it would be somewhere that it is visible from fantasmic. Not in future world/
    August 1983 Contemporary (Just one year old!)
    August 1986 Contemporary
    August 1987 Contemporary
    August 1988 Contemporary
    August 1989 Polynesian
    August 1990 Contemporary
    August 1991 Contemporary
    August 1992 Polynesian
    August 1993 Polynesian
    August 1995 All Star Sports/Polynesian
    August 1996 All Star Music/Polynesian
    January 1998 Polynesian
    March 2000 All Star Music (Senior class trip)
    July/August 2003 Off Property
    September 2006 All Star Music
    January 2007 Pop Century
    October 2009 Disneyland-Alpine Inn (off property)
    November 2010 Pop Century
    June 2012 Disneyland - Grand Californian
    November 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

elphaba is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Whoa...If I caused this ordeal, forgive me. I am what you would call, "the anti-purist".(BTW my purist friends, this does not mean I don't like you or respect you or your point of view. luv ya!) Personally, I think that the wand takes away from the true esscence (sorry if i butchered that) of Epcot. Whenever I go to Epcot, I want to feel as though I actually am in a community of tomorrow (well, Future World at least.) But when there is a giant wand hovering over me, it's easy to lose that feeling, considering the magic wand has NOTHING to do with the future, technology, or the Earth. And I agree. If WDW were to stay the same, I'm not sure that I would be as passionate about it as I am now. And no offence, but you shold probly lighten up yourself. Thanx!!
    RYAN

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    what can i say i love the wand it just makes the entire SSE more magical and disneyfied as for the hat i love it its just in the wrong spot for me but it draws my attention as all the icons do and i love to look for them on the horizon as i drive by!!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast