Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Spaceship Earth wand removal in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by Mickey's#1Fan ... as for the hat i love it its just in the wrong spot for me... I agree they should move it so you can see ...
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey's#1Fan View Post
    ...as for the hat i love it its just in the wrong spot for me...

I agree they should move it so you can see the Great Movie Ride.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

HomeofLove4Him is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by wdw4us2 View Post
    I want the wand gone. I think SSE looks tacky with the wand. After all, what do you think the castle would look like if they stuck something huge on there that was not a part of the original design (and I don't mean the 25th anniversary Pepto-Bismol cake).

Now if we could just do something about that obscene Sorcerer's Hat at MGM . . .

Lisa, this is an old post, but you have me PeptoBismol cake- I love it! I always thought that castle looked like something from Hansel and Gretel.

BrotherHuet is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Going back to the purist debate here I dont really have a problem with changes and adaptations to disney world. That was part of the original intent of the place. What I do have a problem with is laziness and cutting corners and marketing disguised as innovation.

For example, the argument could be made that The wand was placed to make the place more magical for todays audience make the park more kid friendly and highten the magic mood in epcot which was admittdly a very steril looking park.

Really what we have with the wand is a (relativly speaking) cheap way of making it look as though Epcot is still in compliance with its innovative theme. Instead of updating Future World as a whole to grow with the changing age we simply see a cheap way to snaz up the park.

Disney is magical because it is disney. It is like nothing else on Earth. Mickey does not need to be on every square inch of the place to remind us of this. Let Epcot have its own magic, one that stands alone and is unique, and keep the magic of disney animation in a place where it belongs in the "world". There are plenty of places to do so.
    August 1983 Contemporary (Just one year old!)
    August 1986 Contemporary
    August 1987 Contemporary
    August 1988 Contemporary
    August 1989 Polynesian
    August 1990 Contemporary
    August 1991 Contemporary
    August 1992 Polynesian
    August 1993 Polynesian
    August 1995 All Star Sports/Polynesian
    August 1996 All Star Music/Polynesian
    January 1998 Polynesian
    March 2000 All Star Music (Senior class trip)
    July/August 2003 Off Property
    September 2006 All Star Music
    January 2007 Pop Century
    October 2009 Disneyland-Alpine Inn (off property)
    November 2010 Pop Century
    June 2012 Grand Californian

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    No one anwsered my question yet...when are they taking it down?
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

elphaba is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherHuet View Post
    Going back to the purist debate here I dont really have a problem with changes and adaptations to disney world. That was part of the original intent of the place. What I do have a problem with is laziness and cutting corners and marketing disguised as innovation.

For example, the argument could be made that The wand was placed to make the place more magical for todays audience make the park more kid friendly and highten the magic mood in epcot which was admittdly a very steril looking park.

Really what we have with the wand is a (relativly speaking) cheap way of making it look as though Epcot is still in compliance with its innovative theme. Instead of updating Future World as a whole to grow with the changing age we simply see a cheap way to snaz up the park.

Disney is magical because it is disney. It is like nothing else on Earth. Mickey does not need to be on every square inch of the place to remind us of this. Let Epcot have its own magic, one that stands alone and is unique, and keep the magic of disney animation in a place where it belongs in the "world". There are plenty of places to do so.
    Amen brotha'
    RYAN

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234