Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Spaceship Earth wand removal in the News & Rumors forums; I don't know if you any of you read the re-imagineering blog. It's a group of both Disney and Pixar empoyees trying to bring back some of the quality that ...
    wdwfan1313 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Spaceship Earth wand removal

I don't know if you any of you read the re-imagineering blog. It's a group of both Disney and Pixar empoyees trying to bring back some of the quality that Disney seems to be slowly letting slip away. In any case there is a new post that would seem to indicte that the wand will be removed. Here's the link http://imagineerebirth.blogspot.com/ (I have enough posts to include a link now yeah for me )

In a completely unrelated issue, I am bored. Not bored as in there's nothing on TV or I need to go out and buy some new books. I mean bored like earlier today I relandscpape my neighbor's front yard just for something to do. I hope they like it.
    So as you can tell I'm spending some of my free time here on DWT learing how to type and spell. You'd never know it by reading my post but in the second grade I won the spelling bee. It was some what of let down though to be honest. A few days later a third grader wet his pants and my time in the lime light was over. I wonder where that phrase comes from anyways. What is a lime light?

So let's discuss. Either my boredom, "lime light", or the wand thing. Or any combination of the above.

Also Lou, if you read this, and boy do I hope not as it would not serve well my campaign to become your new podcast co-host, I listened to part of your fisrt full lenght show and loved it. My wife can't wait to have you back in our bedroom tonight.

Oh yeah sorry, that stupid Spaceship Earth wand may coming down. Good, I hate that thing.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    I like the wand over SSE!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Ooo- I like the wand too! Not just as a princess, mind you, but if they take it down it really will just be a crazy dimply golf ball. And, it looks so fabulous at night!

Disneynut57 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Wow love the link. Had to stop reading alot of information there. At times the wand is ok but I too like the origanl SE. Some changes are good someare ok for a time and some should never be made. I hate to have the job of deciding witch it should be.

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    I want the wand gone. I think SSE looks tacky with the wand. After all, what do you think the castle would look like if they stuck something huge on there that was not a part of the original design (and I don't mean the 25th anniversary Pepto-Bismol cake).

Now if we could just do something about that obscene Sorcerer's Hat at MGM . . .
    Lisa

"No capes!"

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Quote Originally Posted by wdw4us2 View Post
    Now if we could just do something about that obscene Sorcerer's Hat at MGM . . .
    I was JUST thinking the same thing!
    Tina

Trickster, are you starting to feel like we are in the minority? Next they'll start saying we should chop down the tree of life!
    Okay, well maybe not the tree. And I will admit I never understood the purpose of the giant hat, but I don't want it to go away. My scrapbooks would be seriously messed up!

The problem for me with the hat is, MGM is all about the movies, not just one movie. The Chinese Theater represents the movies to me. Plus. the hat serves no purpose except to trap heat and sell pins and stuff.

Cutting down the tree of life? That's a little extreme. The tree of life is AK's own weenie, but you never know...they may replace it with a huge tarzan or something.
    Tina

Did you just say weenie? I almost peed my pants a little.

dbm20th is offline D-Ticket Holder
    The purists would rejoice and dance in the streets if the wand came down.
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."

Mouse Extra
    determined to feed the Disney Addiction
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

A weenie is what each landmark in the parks is called...it's a "weenie" because it draws you to it, kind of like a bunny to a carrot...or something. I'm sure they could've chosen "carrot" and it would've worked fine instead of "weenie".
    Tina

Thanks for that info- I had never heard that before. What a weird term. They should have called it a lightning rod, not a weenie! That just makes me think of hot dogs. I think I am going to go find a snack.

seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    I really like the wand too, when I see older pictures SSE just looks odd to me because i've ever only known Epcot with the Wand.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

BeastlyKingdom? is offline finally in college... hello disney college program
    yeah the wonders ok but that hat needs to go and the reason the hat wont leave is because disney made the hat its trademark 4 mgm the only good thing about the hat it look really nice at night when the light on it are shimering
    the only 18 year old boy who like disney more than girls......... nvm disney is a close 2nd

I think back on why i am so strange now i know why .... I blame Disney but i still love it

" we have always tried to be guided by the basic idea that, in the discovery of knowledge, there is great entertainment."
    - walt disney

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I've heard they have tried to take the wand down in the past and the reason that they never took it down is because they attached it too good - in other words, it would cause too much damage to the ride when they take it down.However, with a new sponser, it may be removed if they redo the ride.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast