Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Alfredo's Closing??? in the News & Rumors forums; Im glad they waited until the end of summer, we just made reservations in May!...
    nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Im glad they waited until the end of summer, we just made reservations in May!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

CM_Roo is offline A-Ticket holder
    Just a little more proof for you guys that it is closing, from the CM site:

Exciting new changes are coming to the Italy Pavilion at Epcot® that will further enhance the Guest experience.

Our contract with L’Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante will reach its conclusion on August 31, 2007. While we have enjoyed working with the Alfredo’s Group since Epcot opened, we are finalizing plans to develop a new Italian restaurant concept.

This builds upon the original vision for World Showcase, which was designed to continually evolve and offer new Guest experiences that showcase cultures, traditions and immersive entertainment from around the world.

We look forward to announcing more details in true Disney fashion once all the particulars are finalized.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    As long as they serve tasty italian food, I'm glad to try the changes!!!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Looks like I'm going to have to make trips to NYC now.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I dined at Alfredo's last week and although the food was just "good" I did really love the atmosphere. The accordian player, the soloist singing Volare, and the decor all made for a wonderful experience. I am glad I had a chance to try it and I hope whatever replaces it has the same "old Hollywood" feeling. I really enjoyed browsing at the snapshots in the waiting area.

I had the Caesar salad, fettucine alfredo and a canoli. The salad was pretty good, the fettucine was just okay and I was glad I just ordered the appetizer portion as it is a lot of food. The canoli though, WOW , it was really delicious and went really well with my Bellini.
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

eyeinthesky is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Looks like I'm going to have to make trips to NYC now.
    Yes, and the World of Disney store is only a block away!
    Creator, The Best of Walt Disney World
    www.bestwdw.com

eyeinthesky is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by SamIAm717 View Post
    I dined at Alfredo's last week and although the food was just "good" I did really love the atmosphere. The accordian player, the soloist singing Volare, and the decor all made for a wonderful experience. I am glad I had a chance to try it and I hope whatever replaces it has the same "old Hollywood" feeling. I really enjoyed browsing at the snapshots in the waiting area.

I had the Caesar salad, fettucine alfredo and a canoli. The salad was pretty good, the fettucine was just okay and I was glad I just ordered the appetizer portion as it is a lot of food. The canoli though, WOW , it was really delicious and went really well with my Bellini.
    I've been going to Alfredo's ever since I can remember but the past two times I was there, the alfredo was actually terrible. The last visit in particular, the alfredo tasted like the salt shaker fell over into my dish before they brought it out of the kitchen. I actually couldn't eat it and that's pretty unusual for me! Even before I knew it was closing, I sensed that something was wrong. So I say farewell to Alfredo's and am looking forward to something new. I just hope it's not that ultra modern/tuscan blend that so many Itlaian eateries are transforming to. It wouldn't fit with the rest of the area in my opinion.
    Creator, The Best of Walt Disney World
    www.bestwdw.com

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Well....a replacement has been decided....

Patina Restaurant Group will become the new operator for the restaurant from September 1, 2007, and they will open a brand new restaurant concept in Fall 2008. The new restaurant opening in Fall 2008 will feature signature dishes, interactive experience, and a variety of wines, and will also participate in the Dining Plan.

The Patina group also runs the Naples Restaurant at the Disneyland Resort.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

Quote Originally Posted by TiggerRPh View Post
    The new restaurant opening in Fall 2008 will feature signature dishes, interactive experience, and a variety of wines, and will also participate in the Dining Plan.
    I'm scared... "interactive experience"?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    maybe we will learn to make some real alfredo sauce...

;-)
    The Goofy Princess

Hagar55 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Does anyone know when the new restaurant will open? I've been reading that it is Sept 1st but I called Disney to make a reservation this morning but they still don't have any info on it.

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Did Alfredo's participate in the dining plan? I read somewhere that it was one of the reasons Disney didn't renew the lease with them... Disney wanted them to be part of the dining plan, and they didn't want to?

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    Did Alfredo's participate in the dining plan? I read somewhere that it was one of the reasons Disney didn't renew the lease with them... Disney wanted them to be part of the dining plan, and they didn't want to?
    Y'know I never heard that but it'd make sense because Alfredo's was a chain and not a "Disney Restaurant".

sbmmickey is offline A-Ticket holder
    Alfredo's did participate in the Dining Plan, as I have eaten there several times while on the Dining Plan.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234