Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Alfredo's Closing??? in the News & Rumors forums; Hey, there's a rumor rolling around at Intercot stating that Alfredo's Di Roma is closing this July, 2007 to be replaced by another Italian eatery later in the year? Any ...
    SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder

Alfredo's Closing???

Hey, there's a rumor rolling around at Intercot stating that Alfredo's Di Roma is closing this July, 2007 to be replaced by another Italian eatery later in the year? Any truth to this rumor?
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Heard that also....but also heard that its closing for rehab

It better be only for rehab!!!!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I can't imagine that it'd be for anything but refurb because honestly, what would be the point of closing it to replace it with "another Italian eatery"? I mean... it's not like they'll put the Olive Garden in there. It's a Disney created thing, not a chain that can go out of business.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Yeah my bet is on rehab also. That place has awesome food and is always packed. Why mess with a good thing??
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

NORMNB8S is offline And they call him Sandy Claws
    I'm too young for a heart attack...don't say such things.
    Engaged to a wonderful woman on 12-12-08 at the Magic Kingdom!

Pop Century - August 2005
    Caribbean Beach - December 2008

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I can't imagine that it'd be for anything but refurb because honestly, what would be the point of closing it to replace it with "another Italian eatery"? I mean... it's not like they'll put the Olive Garden in there. It's a Disney created thing, not a chain that can go out of business.
    Alfredo's does have other restaurants and I know there is one in New York City and one about to open in Las Vegas. Some of the WS restaurants aren't owned by Disney. Alfredo's may be one of them.

Here's the link if you are curious. I sincerely hope they don't close either!!

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...ad.php?t=97666
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I've only heard the rumor from intercot, no one else has verified it from what I can tell.

Personally, I have never dined there because there are so many mom & pop family type businesses in my area to get good Italian food. I don't bother with that cuisine too much when I travel much of anywhere really. Being of partial Italian/Sicilian descent, I adore Italian (and/or Italian-American) food because I was reared with it...plus my mom is an awesome cook!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    NO NO NO Don't touch my Alfredo's.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    i went here a few times... never by personal choice. i'm not into italian food. unless it comes in a can and contians mini-meatballs.

being with my ex for over 10 years, his family being italian, and having enough italian food for the rest of my entire life may be a cause towards my dislike of this place.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I think I read that it was up for a potential rehab. I don't think they would get rid of this place, it is pretty popular. I haven't tried it yet, so they can't get rid of it!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen
    I noticed that the OP on intercot just said "WDW has announced..." and left no link or proof of any kind. Anyone else find that odd?

KUNGALOOSH!!!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by SamIAm717 View Post
    Alfredo's does have other restaurants and I know there is one in New York City and one about to open in Las Vegas. Some of the WS restaurants aren't owned by Disney. Alfredo's may be one of them.
    Hrm! When I google "Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante" I pull up nothing other than the one in Epcot. Where is the one in NYC?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Hrm! When I google "Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante" I pull up nothing other than the one in Epcot. Where is the one in NYC?
    4 W 49th St.

When I googled "L'Originale Alfredo di Roma", it was the first thing that came up.

KUNGALOOSH!!!

It says on the website it has 4 locations, New York, Orlando, Rome, and coming soon, Las Vegas.

KUNGALOOSH!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast