Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano in the News & Rumors forums; I am leaving in 20 days and i am going on the backstage magic tour!!! (it is okay to be jealous lol ) I read some reviews and it said ...
    C-Howdizzle is offline E-Ticket Holder
    22 DRIVING hours away from WDW...(Chi-town)

Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano

I am leaving in 20 days and i am going on the backstage magic tour!!! (it is okay to be jealous lol ) I read some reviews and it said we stop for lunch at Mama Melrose's Ristorante Itialiano i swear i heard somewhere that it was going to be under construction sometime this year. Can anybody please confirm this?!?!
    Iv been ON space mountain when the lights were on!!! not in line...i was ON THE RIDE!!! I know your jealous...

2008 Upcoming- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2007- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2006- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2005- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2004- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002- Carribean Beach Resort
    2000- Disney Institute (with School Friend)

I haven't heard anything about Mama Melrose being refurbished this year. Maybe you have it confused with the Italian restaurant in Epcot, Alfredo's?

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    I hanen't heard anything about Mama Melrose's closing, either.

When I took the Backstage Magic Tour back in 1999, we had luch at Mama Melrose's and it was great! I don't want to give anything away - but I think you'll enjoy it.

Before you go on the tour, make sure you think of some good questions to ask your guide and write them down. When I went, I kept forgetting what I wanted to ask because they give you so much info it's hard to remember everything.

Have a great time!
    Lisa

"No capes!"