Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Old Imageworks Reopening? in the News & Rumors forums; From my trip report last month: Now onto the reallllllly reallllllly cool news. We walked into the gift shop and something seemed different. I had to spin around a few ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Question Old Imageworks Reopening?

From my trip report last month:

Now onto the reallllllly reallllllly cool news. We walked into the gift shop and something seemed different. I had to spin around a few times to figure it out and then it hit me. The wall blocking the stairs was gone!! Wait a second... this looks all new! What's going on here?

I ran up to the CM at the registers and asked if she knew when the upstairs was going to open again and what it was going to be etc. She said that everything was gutted up there but that they were indeed refurbishing it. She said that they hadn't told the CMs what the plans were but that yes indeed the upstairs portion of the Imagination pavillion would once again be opening. I'm SO excited about this!!
    Does anyone know any more about this? Anymore than the CM I spoke to that is? Anything officially announced?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

dbm20th is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Wait a second. Isn't the Kim Possible thing up there?

I know that much of the old stuff is still there, and I have heard that some refurb is being done.
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."

Mouse Extra
    determined to feed the Disney Addiction
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

danheaton is offline B-Ticket Holder
    That would be excellent to have, even if there were some new exhibits in there with the old ones. I feel like many of these pavillions have a lot of unused space (like Spaceship Earth, which should change soon), and having more walk-through areas would definitely help Future World a lot.

Hiddenmickeyboy is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by dbm20th View Post
    Wait a second. Isn't the Kim Possible thing up there?

I know that much of the old stuff is still there, and I have heard that some refurb is being done.
    What kim possible thing?
    999,999 score on BLSRS! Galactic Hero!

I love working in the Theme Park Industry!

Brian_WDW74 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiddenmickeyboy View Post
    What kim possible thing?
    http://disneyworldtrivia.com/articleViewer.php?aid=439

*Brian*

HiddenMick is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I'm sorry, but i'm WAY to lazy to read that. been doing math all day... stupid Monopoly. any way can someone sum it up for me???
    Can't run away from Trouble, ain't no place that far.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I'll try not to be insulted that you're too lazy to read my report.

Short version: Disney tested a Kim Possible Adventure game last summer. The finale was set up in the old imageworks location. The game test is long over, and I don't know what they left of it up there if anything. It was all pretty temporary.

Edit: The photo link at the end of the article is broken. The correct link is: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...757&ppuser=187
    Last edited by disneydame2004; 08-08-2007 at 08:50 PM.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    The old Image works is NOT coming back.

However, I WILL report that MOST of the Old Image works was NEVER taken down. Those figment paint guns that you s hot paint into the air and it colored? Still up there! The rainbow tunnel? Still up there! (however its no longer a rainbow)... the animal sounds? Still up there just not turned on! The music makers? Still up there! They did take all the furinature out except for a few benches and the area is used as backstage areas and to test more innoventions games!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    I'll try not to be insulted that you're too lazy to read my report.
    hey, that's not supposed to be insulting!!! you should be honored!!! there is not too many things that can get my attention when I'm REALLY tired, and my feet are in hot water!!!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    HiddenMick you seem to be excelling at reviving really old threads huh? LOL!!

Jeanne is it true that when you take the behind the scenes tour at Epcot they take you up there to see all the old stuff? I would probably break down in tears if I did honestly.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

yup, I know how to revive everything!!!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    HiddenMick you seem to be excelling at reviving really old threads huh? LOL!!

Jeanne is it true that when you take the behind the scenes tour at Epcot they take you up there to see all the old stuff? I would probably break down in tears if I did honestly.
    They did take us up there on the UnDiscovered FutureWorld tour I took, though that was 2 years ago now. We went up to the glass atrium part, the rest of the areas were mostly curtained off, but you could see some pieces still in place. And you could see it was still there during the Kim Possible game last summer, too.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    It would be cool if the old ImageWorks was revived. The only thing I don't like about the new Imagination ride is the new Imageworks 'cause i've said it once and i'll say it again, in theme and story, the new Imagination ride is so much better than the orginal

cheshire_cat_81 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider1227 View Post
    It would be cool if the old ImageWorks was revived. The only thing I don't like about the new Imagination ride is the new Imageworks 'cause i've said it once and i'll say it again, in theme and story, the new Imagination ride is so much better than the orginal
    I'm gonna hafta disagree with you on that. A skunk spraying me with a smelly scent, and an upside down house is NOT imagination. The pictures our minds make from the words in a book, now ThATS IMagination. Im sorry, I hate the new Imagination ride. I feel like a piece of my childhood is gone :'(

ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I hear that something is planned for the Imagination attraction but information wasn't available.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast