Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Haunted Mansion. in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad I told my wife they were closing the HM for a refurb and I wasn't certain o nthe dates. She said it didn't matter to her ...
    Dzneychica is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I told my wife they were closing the HM for a refurb and I wasn't certain o nthe dates. She said it didn't matter to her because she was tired of HM anyway. Her divorce papers are due to arrive within the week.
    LOL Sorry, but that's funny!

AliceinDisney is offline A-Ticket holder
    They used to have the black faced red glowing heart bride at WDW, Then they changed it over to the stupid green one. I never understood why. Hopefully they change it back the red heart one was so much spookier. They better not get rid of the rubber spiders on the staircase. I love those! I know they're supremely cheesy but whats a haunted house without spiders? I have a feeling though, they're going to be the first thing to go. Also the sound system is garbage recently. It sounds all scritchy and you can hear it in other people's doombuggies. There has to be a better way to do it. Anyway thats all I think needs some improvement!
    "I Give Myself Very Good Advice, But I Very Seldom Follow it."

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    Am sad that it is going to be closed while we are there, but glad I know about it in advance. Saves being disapointed when we get there.
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

Yeah I'm going in the summertime too. Its okay. I figure its better if they fix it up to avoid putting further strain on the ride. I just hope they dont get rid of the spiders!

ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AliceinDisney View Post
    Yeah I'm going in the summertime too. Its okay. I figure its better if they fix it up to avoid putting further strain on the ride. I just hope they dont get rid of the spiders!
    Don't worry about the spiders because you can already spot more of them at the Jungle Cruise. Which happens to make more sense because thats where you basically see vicious spiders like those at a real Jungle but at a Mansion? Yes, but not huge. So thats why I think a new scene would be perfect.

Oh I know they're on the Jungle Cruise, but thats not the pointtttttttttttttttttt I remember them scaring the beejeebers out of me as a little kid. I love those! They have to keep em. I heard a rumour that when they were building the HM that there was to be a guy caught in the web screaming cause the spider was going to eat him. But they scrapped the idea because they figured it wasn't very Disneyish, and very scary for small children. Good call but kinda woulda be exciting to see!

Deviant is offline C-Ticket Holder
    When we rode the other day we were in a Doombuggy that was very "plastic" looking. The other Doombuggies have a mental bar and look metal. The one I rode in looking like Fisher Price. I loved how it looked. It looked a lot better. I'm wondering if it is just a preview/test of what is to come with all of them. Hope so.

Speaking of Jungle Cruise, I have heard confirmation that next year the Jungle Cruise will go down for (supposedly) six months for refurbishment and to add the paranah pool as well as a few other things.

Disclaimer: This post is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Disney World Trivia, Walt Disney World or the Walt Disney Company.

WICKED! Whats the piranah pool? That'll be super awesome. Biting fishes jumping up hehe I think that ride needs a bit of a spruce.

Deviant is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Disneyland got it for the 50th. It's basically exactly how it sounds. Jumping piranahs that chase the boat.

Disclaimer: This post is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Disney World Trivia, Walt Disney World or the Walt Disney Company.

Hiddenmickeyboy is offline Fastpass Holder
    No offense HM lovers(i'm one too) but the spiders seem like something you would see in a cheap not scary dark ride like at a carnival. feel free to disagree.
    999,999 score on BLSRS! Galactic Hero!

I love working in the Theme Park Industry!

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    They do in a way. But the HM wouldn't be the same without them. My wife HATES spiders, so it was a lot of fun pointing those out to her. Heh-Heh.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Now I have to go on it next time I go!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiddenmickeyboy View Post
    No offense HM lovers(i'm one too) but the spiders seem like something you would see in a cheap not scary dark ride like at a carnival. feel free to disagree.
    I agree.

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    As much as I hate to see the attraction closed for such a long time, a refurb is seriously needed. Four out of the last five times I rode the HM, Little Leota had no sound. That's my favorite part of the attraction! I made sure to email WDW and make a comment at Guest Relations each time it happened.

I'm not sure how I feel about the changes. The floating Leota head sounds interesting, but I worry about what they'll do to the bride. I also prefer the original bride to the newer one.

As for the rumors about a new merchandise location, I don't care either way so long as they have some new HM merchandise for sale. There hasn't been anything new since 2002!
    Lisa

"No capes!"

I say we start up a petition in protection for all rubber insects in said mansion! hehehe. As for the floating head, I think thats dumb. I mean it sort of defeats the whole thing about Leota being in the crystal ball. They even had her in the ball in the movie! They can't change the ride. I hate when they start messing around with classics. Its like if someone decided to redo Gone with the Wind . Heaven forbid!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast