Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Haunted Mansion. in the News & Rumors forums; Haunted Mansion will be closed from June 6 to September 12. Now i dont recall Haunted Mansions refurbishing taking this long. Maybe there throwing something new in there or making ...
    pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder

Haunted Mansion.

Haunted Mansion will be closed from June 6 to September 12. Now i dont recall Haunted Mansions refurbishing taking this long. Maybe there throwing something new in there or making changes. I don't know just throwing out ideas.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Everyones saying its gonna be a big refurb like maybe some new effects like the Leota floating head and some doombuggie audio improvements. I'm just really happy I'm missing the refurb by about a week.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    aww man! it will be closed when i'm there!
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

disneyimagineer is offline You may notice that I'm not all here myself
    Didn't Haunted Mansion just get a rehab back in 2001?
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."-Walt Disney
    TTFN, Ta Ta For Now!
    Can you stand on your head?

Deviant is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I put together this list of what is most likely going to be done.
    • Fixing the portrait of Master Gracey. The images seem to jump around a lot and don't have a smooth transition.
    • Fixing the wallpaper inside the Stretch Room. The portraits has wrinkles in them and has been ruining the illusion.
    • Cleaning up the scrim (the ceiling we see through) in the Stretch Room. It doesn't look bad right now but they will probably completely clean it while the ride is down.
    • Correcting audio inside the Doombuggies and fixing the smoothness of the movements.
    • Lighting up the candelabra in the Endless Hallway.
    • Fixing Leota's face. You can see static in her face once it loops and starts over. Looks horrible. You can also see the glare of the projection.
    • I've heard talk of getting the floating Leota that Disneyland has, as well as the new bride and attic scene.
    • I've also heard some talk about a new graveyard scene being added.
    Last I heard there was talk of not adding the new stuff and just working on the current stuff due to the budget. Hopefully we will get the updates that are overly due. We have the worst Haunted Mansion out of all the parks, and it really doesn't need to be that way. I'm tired of the quantity over quality mindset that Disney World management seems to have.

Disclaimer: This post is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Disney World Trivia, Walt Disney World or the Walt Disney Company.

ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    As Deviant said, there has been talk about a new Madame' Leota head with a new graveyard scene & some new lighting as well as sound effects. Also there has been lots of chit-chat around the Magic Kingdom on a new gift shop so who knows? But as for me, I would really want to see some new AA characters out in the graveyard & ballroom scene.
    Last edited by ChampDisney; 03-24-2007 at 06:14 PM.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I've been saying this for years, but for the Love of Uncle Walt....PLEASE FIX THE AUDIO ALREADY!

if they can manage that, i'll be very happy....everything else is just icing...
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Deviant is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Oh yes, and the Ballroom is said to be getting some touch ups and reworks. I don't think the giftshop is going to be happening now though.

Disclaimer: This post is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Disney World Trivia, Walt Disney World or the Walt Disney Company.

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    I've been saying this for years, but for the Love of Uncle Walt....PLEASE FIX THE AUDIO ALREADY!

if they can manage that, i'll be very happy....everything else is just icing...
    I think the Haunted Mansion should get a new narrator something like Anthony Hopkins.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampDisney View Post
    I think the Haunted Mansion should get a new narrator something like Anthony Hopkins.
    Although I do enjoy Anthony Hopkins and his work, I'm kinda attached to Paul Frees. And who is the guy that does the warnings in Spanish? He cracks me up, I like him too!

The only other two voices I could imagine seeing as the Ghost Host are both dead as well....Vincent Price or Thurl Ravenscroft. Fortunately, we do hear Ravenscroft's voice in the attraction already.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    Although I do enjoy Anthony Hopkins and his work, I'm kinda attached to Paul Frees. And who is the guy that does the warnings in Spanish? He cracks me up, I like him too!

The only other two voices I could imagine seeing as the Ghost Host are both dead as well....Vincent Price or Thurl Ravenscroft. Fortunately, we do hear Ravenscroft's voice in the attraction already.
    Oh gosh, please don't change the voices. It wouldn't feel right. Other than that, I can't wait to see what's new! The last time I was there Madame Leota didn't work at all. It was sad. Oh, and hopefully they won't try to touch the ring again.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    yeah i also think they should keep the voices the same...i'm glad i get to see it before the refurb too...as long as there are no drastic changes i'll be happy
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

Quote Originally Posted by GirlStar613 View Post
    yeah i also think they should keep the voices the same...i'm glad i get to see it before the refurb too...as long as there are no drastic changes i'll be happy
    I feel that the Haunted Mansion does indeed need some drastic changes in some areas of the attraction such as the ballroom, Madame' Leota, graveyard, & etc. The narrator is fine but in recent visits the Ghost Host has been sounding very outdated because of the audio.
    Last edited by ChampDisney; 03-25-2007 at 01:53 PM.

TinkAttitude is offline grumpy too
    i can't wait to hear more details about the refurb - and to hear from the first dwt'ers who ride and post about their new adventure!

dxer07002 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I heard of the ballroom scene getting a clean up.... And some stuff being done to the sound system and ridse system, but nothing about new effects.....
    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast