Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Monorail Expansion in the News & Rumors forums; I hope this is true I have seen on other WDW fansites that Disney are planning to extend the monorail to MGM Studios and Animal Kingdon has anybody heard that ...
    kaycee110 is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Monorail Expansion

I hope this is true I have seen on other WDW fansites that Disney are planning to extend the monorail to MGM Studios and Animal Kingdon has anybody heard that this is true? Fingers crossed i hope it is.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Well, it's a rumor that never seems to die, anyway.
    There was a lot of discussion about it in this thread not too long ago: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ead.php?t=9953
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Every time I step into a Monorail, I seem to hear rumors either about a Monorail expansion or a 5th gate park. I trust what the CM's on the Monorail tell me but I just find it as if all the information that they give away to guests don't happen in years.

metsy86 is offline A-Ticket holder
    From what I have heard, creating monorail track is very expensive and was one of the big reasons the first ten years or so had so few resorts built (apparently WDW didn't want to put up hotels without monorail access.) I think guests would like to see the monorail expanded and the rumors are more wishful thinking than serious corporate plans. The bus system seems to work well for the company and I doubt WDW will ever expand the monorail given the added cost and a very intangible return. But, I've been wrong before.

--Chris

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Interesting...if it did happen it would take a long time to get it done and a lot of $$$ to get it done.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i think they've managed to work around not having the monorails go everywhere so unfortunately i too doubt that they'll do any expanding...it would be really cool though...i love listening to the monorail speil, just another disney detail!
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

threeleggeddog is offline C-Ticket Holder
    It costs something like a million dollars for just one of those little sections and I've been led to understand the molds used to creat them don't exist anymore. soooooo I don't think they will do it, it was so much cheaper with labor and materials and everything way back when. One plan I know they had was to put up another resort on the monorail system, If I remember right it was supposed to be themed after Venice

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    When was this Venetian hotel plan discussed? recently?
    The Goofy Princess

Brian_WDW74 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    No, the Venetian hotel was one of five hotels originally planned for Walt Disney World when it first opened in 1971. It was to be located on the monorail line between the Contemporary and the Transportation and Ticket Center. Unfortunately, it was never built. Neither were the planned Asian and Persian hotels. The only two hotels actually built of the five were the Contemporary and the Polynesian.

*Brian*

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    It would be nice if they expanded the monorail, but like you guys say, it would be waaaaaay expensive! It's probably cheaper to run the buses even after this latest fuel spike.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Sorry, fuel GOUGE!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

disneyimagineer is offline You may notice that I'm not all here myself
    I also heard that it might be connected to some of the Epcot and maybe MGM resorts.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."-Walt Disney
    TTFN, Ta Ta For Now!
    Can you stand on your head?

plutolover is offline A-Ticket holder
    The Swan and Dolphin were supposed to have the monorail from Epcot go through them... that's why the swan has the dark glass in the middle of it...(or at least I was told that)

BeastlyKingdom? is offline finally in college... hello disney college program
    i kidda like the monrail how it is just located in the select parts
    the only 18 year old boy who like disney more than girls......... nvm disney is a close 2nd

I think back on why i am so strange now i know why .... I blame Disney but i still love it

" we have always tried to be guided by the basic idea that, in the discovery of knowledge, there is great entertainment."
    - walt disney

BrotherHuet is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by plutolover View Post
    The Swan and Dolphin were supposed to have the monorail from Epcot go through them... that's why the swan has the dark glass in the middle of it...(or at least I was told that)

That one has been around for a while too. Those squares are actually WAY to small for the monorail to fit through. it is just part of the architectural design
    August 1983 Contemporary (Just one year old!)
    August 1986 Contemporary
    August 1987 Contemporary
    August 1988 Contemporary
    August 1989 Polynesian
    August 1990 Contemporary
    August 1991 Contemporary
    August 1992 Polynesian
    August 1993 Polynesian
    August 1995 All Star Sports/Polynesian
    August 1996 All Star Music/Polynesian
    January 1998 Polynesian
    March 2000 All Star Music (Senior class trip)
    July/August 2003 Off Property
    September 2006 All Star Music
    January 2007 Pop Century
    October 2009 Disneyland-Alpine Inn (off property)
    November 2010 Pop Century
    June 2012 Grand Californian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast