Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Contemporary Wings Torn Down? in the News & Rumors forums; I went to Magic Kingdom the other day and noticed that the north wing of the Contemporary was torn down... any news about what will be put in it's place? ...
    plutolover is offline A-Ticket holder

Contemporary Wings Torn Down?

I went to Magic Kingdom the other day and noticed that the north wing of the Contemporary was torn down... any news about what will be put in it's place? Parking lot? New rooms? Fill me in!!!

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    I think i'ts going to become DVC status...
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Yup. It's DVC "unofficially" right now because they want to sell more AKL. However it is going to be the new DVC because then there will be a DVC on a monorail which supposedly has been highly requested. The paperwork they filed supposedly listed it as a new DVC resort.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

joepic is offline A-Ticket holder
    Yes, it's supposed to become a new DVC building...supposedly. I honestly don't think it's a good idea, leave the beautiful Contemporary the way it is and find other room for anything additional. The Contemporary has been there since Disney opened. Although it may be a good idea, I still think they should have been placed somewhere else.

edit>
    i found some more info:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts_news.htm

also, according to Wikipedia, a 16-story crescent shaped building will be the DVC building
    Last edited by joepic; 04-07-2007 at 07:42 PM.

I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things. - Walt Disney

August 2008 - Contemporary
    , 2004 - Swan, 2003 - Swan, 2002 - Dolphin, 2000 - Coronado Springs, 1999 - Coronado Springs, 1998 - Caribbean Beach, 1997- Caribbean Beach, 1996 - Contemporary

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I think it's a shame, too. I know they want to keep improving wdw, but the Contemporary just won't be the same. There seems to be alot of demand for dvc, but is this really the best way to add to the magic kingdom resorts.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    I was talking to a DVC cm when I was just down in WDW, and He said that they haven't announced anything to any DVC cms yet, but everyone who works at contemporary says they have been told that it will be a DVC resort.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

joepic is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by skiyalater View Post
    I was talking to a DVC cm when I was just down in WDW, and He said that they haven't announced anything to any DVC cms yet, but everyone who works at contemporary says they have been told that it will be a DVC resort.
    a resort? what do you think it'll be like? I just can't picture having something different on the property, the garden wings made the resort look complete, now it might look out of place, hopefully it matches with the Contemporary

I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things. - Walt Disney

August 2008 - Contemporary
    , 2004 - Swan, 2003 - Swan, 2002 - Dolphin, 2000 - Coronado Springs, 1999 - Coronado Springs, 1998 - Caribbean Beach, 1997- Caribbean Beach, 1996 - Contemporary

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    Quote Originally Posted by joepic View Post
    a resort? what do you think it'll be like? I just can't picture having something different on the property, the garden wings made the resort look complete, now it might look out of place, hopefully it matches with the Contemporary

Its Disney...even though some idea don't sound good...it will be themed correctly
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Sharpays Mom is offline A-Ticket holder
    we were at the contemporary mid-March when the building was almost gone. The front desk told me that the north wing had suffered water damage from the hurricanes. I specifically asked about it becoming a DVC and they said they didn't have any information. I was concerned about their making it a DVC at the same time that they are moving the Arcade to the 4th floor under the monorail track and making it about 1/3 the size it was on the 1st floor.

Song757 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Yeah i heard DVC
    GreatestPlace on Earth

Greatest Airline on Earth R.I.P Song Airlines