Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Stitch "Rehab" Confirmed (almost) in the News & Rumors forums; I was always a big Alien Encounter fan, and that I really didn't like Stitch's Great Escape on my latest trip in January '06. I do think parts of it ...
    Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    I was always a big Alien Encounter fan, and that I really didn't like Stitch's Great Escape on my latest trip in January '06. I do think parts of it will probably be a little scarey for kids, but so would any ride that features loud noises and period of darkness.

However, I must give Disney credit for the gamble they've taken with Stitch. I can remember the short lines that Alien Encounter always had. Every time I was at WDW while Alien Encounter was running, roughly 5 times between 1997 and 2002, there was never much of a wait. However, with the revamping of the ride to include a popular Disney character, the attraction never had lines shorter than 30 or 40 minutes during my January trip.

Say what you will about SGE, and I'll be the first person to admit that I don't really like it, but it has paid off for Disney as another wildly popular attraction for kids in Tomorrowland.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I don't know if they need to remove the whole Stitch theme, but they could definitely make it a more interesting attraction, whether it becomes more scary, or more funny...either one would be an improvement over what is currently there...

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

GoofysMommy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Honestly I LIKED SGE alot. I mean sure it's not the BEST attraction but it's a nice thing to do. I finally rode it in January since every time I have gone since July the line has been 50 mins long and for my birthday God made the wait only 15 mins. I do think it may need a revamp just because I think although I liked "scary" Stitch, some kids seemed a little spooked. So yeah it may need a revamp. Hopefully it will be more fun this time around. Not that it was boring but this ride just has alot of potential and I hope they give it more of a chance.

shadesofgreen96 is offline Don't ask me O_o
    Somewhere there in between insanity and crazyness..
    I went , it was ok , I think the imagineers were being LAZY and they could do a way better job with Stitch. ( if they can make spalsh mt. they can make this update Stitch's big break!!)
    ~*Shadesofgreen96*~

I believe
    I believe in believing - until my very last minute of truth , I don't give up . even when it will be hard to see it through
    I will go on
    I will go on , no matter what , still dedicated all the way through
    I'll live my dreams the same way I do my life , by taking one step at a time

Well I think yall do have a point about it being a little too much like AE. My friend who had been on it before SGE said so also. Buuuuuut... It's not THAT bad!
    Chellie the Pirate Princess

Goofy Paul Anka Lunt

My Billy loves to eat !

http://www.myspace.com/goofysmommy

slatdurham is offline A-Ticket holder
    I agree, I personally was disappointed that this was AE in Stitches clothing. I wish they had made a better effort to differentiate the two experiences.
    "Every day another new adventure, every mile another new zip code" mama,dada,abbey,trip

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    I only liked Stitch due to special effects and the guns. But, that's it. It really should have taken more time into the ride. I should SO make a petition to bring AE back!!
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

SaintRob is offline A-Ticket holder
    It's definitely more kid friendly than AE ever was. I wasn't a big fan of the original AE, it was just ok, but the newer Stitch one is actually kind of funny, especially the

- SPOILER ALERT!!!!! -

bad breath! I thought that was pretty funny!

PS... I'm not sure how spoilers work around here, so I did it this way. How do you handle spoilers around here?

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    I still think AE was better. They should bring it back. I miss the good ol' freaky as heck ride. It was so cool. If it was too scary, then don't ride it. There are dozens of things in WDW that are too scary, thrilling, etc. for kids to ride. Why make a ride simply for kid-friendliness?
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Pirate_Queen is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I've always wondered about this...how exactly is the last effect achieved? (From what I heard, you can feel him on your shoulders and pulling on your hair) I know it has something to do with the evil seats you can't get out of, but the hair thing?

And does anyone have videos of this ride? I know there isn't much to be had, since 80% of it is in darkness, but I'm sure there's a video out there somewhere??

"To all that come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."

I believe there is a video in the downloads area on this site.

I think that if maybe they just give SGE something to make it stand out a little more we'll all be happier. It needs something original other than Stitch. I still think looking at that anamatronic Stitch is the best part.

Goofy Paul Anka Lunt

My Billy loves to eat !

Pirate_Queen is offline C-Ticket Holder
    That animatronic is INCREDIBLE! Man, I heard it was good, but...

Now I HAVE to ride it, scary or not!

"To all that come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."

I love the animatronic. It's the best part of the ride. That and the cannons.

Goofy Paul Anka Lunt

My Billy loves to eat !

WDWFan4Life is offline A-Ticket holder
    SGE is one of the best attractions out at MK. I hated AE, and glad Stitch has invaded!!!!
    Kevin

Welcome to Stitch Kingdom... Meega Nala Kweetsa!

gonesouthin is offline Let me be.... YOUR HIGH FIBER
    all this ride is good for is shoulder pains.
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast