Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Say it isn't so in the News & Rumors forums; Hi and welcome bigdisneygoer, to the WDT forums!!! I know nothing about the new ride you mentioned, maybe someone else does. Does anyone have any new info on the possibility ...
    DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Hi and welcome bigdisneygoer, to the WDT forums!!!

I know nothing about the new ride you mentioned, maybe someone else does. Does anyone have any new info on the possibility of this meet and greet, or new photos from inside this construction lately?
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    I imagine there will be plenty of Snow in the new Everest ride at Animal Kingdom , is that perhaps what you are refering to BigDisneygoer03?

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

DisneyGuy81 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Arrow Expedition Everest

Yes, Disney is coming out with a new ride in Animal Kingdom. It is called Expedition Everest. I am sure it is going to be a great ride. It is a thrill ride of course. Here is a link where you can see some pictures of it.

http://www.rcdb.com/ig2389.htm

Scott
    -Scott

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Here something I heard abt Expedition Everest on my last trip last year. It seem that EE is going to be the highest mountain in the state of Flordia. They say the ride is so tall that it going to need airplane lights for the top. I can't wait for this one. Even planning next year trip around it grand opening next year.(yes I'm a total disney junkie ) but you got to love the place

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!
    I was speaking to a Disney rep on the phone a few weeks ago and he told me that Everest may actually be full;y operational by the end of this year with an official opening ceremony to happen next year. I remember when Rock and Roller Coaster opened, they had previews of it months before. I go to ride it several times before it was even open....kinda like they are doing with Soarin now. Anyone with any info on when Everest will be done?
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    I hate to say it, but it looks like the "Hundred Acre Wood meet and greet and then spend some bucks in the store" area is really happening, based on the theming of the surrouding area.

Ugh.

Thanks to an anonymous reader for the picture
    Back to the original topic of the thread... This was in today's Mouseplanet update:
    http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdat.../wdw050328.htm

Lagoon site not themed as a meet-and-greet

The former 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea lagoon area across from The Many Adventures of Winnie–the–Pooh attraction is not going to open as a dedicated meet–and–greet (although there is the possibility of character greetings there as well). The area will be a children's play area featuring slides, climbing structures and interactive pop-jet fountains. The area will be called “Pooh's Playful Spot,” and will open around September.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Well, you have to love progress, huh? I just hope that the supposed E-ticket that's in the pipeline is somewhat worthy to take the place of the lagoon and caverns!
    Last edited by 20K; 03-28-2005 at 11:03 AM.

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Now that's too funny! Paying tribute to 20K! I will miss you!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    -Original Message Removed-

Hey what happened to the option to delete messages?
    Last edited by 20K; 03-28-2005 at 11:31 AM.

Mark Goldhaber is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS
    It seem that EE is going to be the highest mountain in the state of Flordia. They say the ride is so tall that it going to need airplane lights for the top.
    It will be the tallest mountain in the state of Florida, but it will not need airplane lights. Disney is building it to be 199 feet tall, the highest it can be without requiring FAA lights. Don't you think that it would be tremendously bad show to have an airplane light on the top of a mountain? The only structures at WDW that currently need FAA lights (as I understand it), are the ugly wand atop Spaceship Earth, the Swan and Dolphin hotels, and the Contemporary Resort (which actually isn't 200 feet, but it's so close to the old STOLport that it would still be in the flight path of planes landing from or taking off toward the north).

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    I normally watch Wishes from the tent between Ariel's grotto and Pinochio restraunt.. when the fireworks start blasting, I can't help (everytime) but climb on the rocks and peer over the wall that closes 20,000 LUTS. It's quite a sight to see the old empty lagoon being lit up in different colors and then disappearing again into darkness.

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Goldhaber
    It will be the tallest mountain in the state of Florida, but it will not need airplane lights. Disney is building it to be 199 feet tall, the highest it can be without requiring FAA lights. Don't you think that it would be tremendously bad show to have an airplane light on the top of a mountain? The only structures at WDW that currently need FAA lights (as I understand it), are the ugly wand atop Spaceship Earth, the Swan and Dolphin hotels, and the Contemporary Resort (which actually isn't 200 feet, but it's so close to the old STOLport that it would still be in the flight path of planes landing from or taking off toward the north).
    Well now I'm totally confused I was told several time from different cast members in the animal kingdon that EE was going to have airplane lights on it and that it was going to be 200 feet oh well I guess I will know when it finally finished

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12