Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss World showcase should add stuff in the News & Rumors forums; World showcase should add stuff like Rides. There could be a flying carpet ride in Morraco. When i went, i was very bored because theres nothing to do but shop. ...
    Monkey_rocks_31 is offline A-Ticket holder

World showcase should add stuff

World showcase should add stuff like Rides. There could be a flying carpet ride in Morraco.
    When i went, i was very bored because theres nothing to do but shop.
    I heard that there was going to be a water ride in Canada.

They should also have more Characters in the park.

ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Ever heard of Maelstorm in the Norway pavilion?
    How about that newly refurbished El Gran Fiesta Tour starring the Three Caballeros at the Mexico pavilion?
    Those are two rides that are in the World Showcase & to tell you the truth there not hard to miss.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Theres also American Adventure, plus the 3 films. The atmosphere and detail of World Showcase is good enough that I could never get bored. I disagree on the character idea. They are taking over everything, The Seas with Nemo and Friends and Gran Fiesta Tour just opened with all the focus on characters, which could unfortunately be signs of the future.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Sonny Eclipse is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by nicks10 View Post
    Theres also American Adventure, plus the 3 films. The atmosphere and detail of World Showcase is good enough that I could never get bored. I disagree on the character idea. They are taking over everything, The Seas with Nemo and Friends and Gran Fiesta Tour just opened with all the focus on characters, which could unfortunately be signs of the future.
    I couldn't agree more. If anything is done with World Showcase, let's add another country or two.

EastonDenton is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I like World Showcase as it is, but think adding 1 or 2 countries would be neat. Egypt would be cool, as would Austrailia.
    It's a good thing!

Sonny Eclipse is offline Fastpass Holder
    I agree. Those would be in the top of my choices. Greece would be another one.

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Epcot needs to add rides to World Showcase. It is boring to just walk around the pavilions. Also I cannot do the circle-vision movies due to motion sickness. If anything Canada should have Cool Runnings the ride, China should have a Mulan dark ride and France should get some Rattoille tie-in.

mickeymaster is offline D-Ticket Holder
    More rides would be nice, but I dont think they should revolve around the characters. I want to go to the French pavilon to check out French culture, not how Rattoille and other disney characters tie into it. They have enough charcter related stuff in Future World.
    Man has a Dream, and thats a start...

JQuatt21 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    World Showcase is like the one place in WDW that is not really ride crazy... it has a certain class to it... It's about the culture and not thrills. I like World Showcase at night because it just seems so serene and beautiful with all of the countries lit up at night... Also, I think that World Showcase is also know for it's dining and shopping more than the rides. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I like to hear different ideas and other peoples thoughts about this kind of thing. One statement that I do agree with is that I think there should be more characters visible in the World Showcase area like there used to be. I am sure that other members in the dwt family would agree.

In conclusion with world showcase, if it aint broke, then dont fix it!
    Disney's Polynesian Resort - 1984, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1994
    Disney's Contemporary Resort - 1986, 1997
    Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - 1989, 1991, 1992
    Orange Lake Resort & CC (Off Property)- 2002, 2003, 2005
    Disney's Wilderness Lodge 2007
    Disney's POP Century Resort 2012
    Disney's Beach Club Villas 2012

mickeymaster is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Haha i agree that it isnt broke so we shouldnt fix it, but a lot of people come to Disney for the rides, so a few more attractions would be a welcome addition
    Man has a Dream, and thats a start...

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    i agree about more stuff

what i wish thery would do is have a little thing on property that shows insider stuff with the history of WDW besides one mans dream
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    I would not be opposed to more rides if they are done right,,,,,,,and without character tie-ins ( and defintly no more pirates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I would love to see a Greece, Russia, or Brazil (we need someting from south america) pavillion - or maybe Iraq so we people can be taught about the culture and hopefully increase tolerance.

I like WS the way it is so any changed would have to be very well done
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    I don't think that WC needs to go nuts with rides, but they should consider revisiting some of the lost attractions that were planned (WDW Radio Show talked about this a few weeks ago). You can really tell from the satellite pics that Lou provided in the Show Notes that there's tons of unused space back there.

While we might not be getting much in terms of a Future World update for Epcot's 25th, except Spaceship Earth, it would be really great to at least get some additions to WC to make everything more interesting.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeymaster View Post
    Haha i agree that it isnt broke so we shouldnt fix it, but a lot of people come to Disney for the rides, so a few more attractions would be a welcome addition

Yes, but a lot of people come to Disney for all the other things - the culture, food, entertainment, charaters etc - and not for the rides! Personally I think the rides are ok, as long as they are all 'inside' the buildings, and not impact on the overall look of WS.
    Anyway, surely there are enough rides in the other parks???? I don't like 'thrill rides', but I can still easily spend 14 days in WDW!!
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

JQuatt21 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydarling View Post
    I would not be opposed to more rides if they are done right,,,,,,,and without character tie-ins ( and defintly no more pirates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    I agree! Also, I know it is kind of popular right now, but we going a lttle overboard on the whole Pixar thing??? I know Disney just acquired it a bit ago, but whatever happened to Mickey, Goofy, Donald, Pluto etc....???? Pixar and Pirates are cool for a while, but another whole generation is losing out on Mickey and all the other characters which is what Disney was built on...
    Disney's Polynesian Resort - 1984, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1994
    Disney's Contemporary Resort - 1986, 1997
    Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - 1989, 1991, 1992
    Orange Lake Resort & CC (Off Property)- 2002, 2003, 2005
    Disney's Wilderness Lodge 2007
    Disney's POP Century Resort 2012
    Disney's Beach Club Villas 2012

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast