Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss North Carolina purchases in the News & Rumors forums; Granted, this doesn't quite have to do with Disney World proper, but I couldn't think where else to post this. If anyone knows a better spot, let me know? I ...
    CaribbeanMouse is offline A-Ticket holder

North Carolina purchases

Granted, this doesn't quite have to do with Disney World proper, but I couldn't think where else to post this. If anyone knows a better spot, let me know?

I recently heard through a carpet rep (long story) that Disney had bought 900 acres in/around Brevard, NC. Any ideas if this is true, and if so, why would they be buying a bunch of land in NC, particularly Brevard? Granted, it is beautiful up there.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Somehow I can't believe there are many heights that can't be scaled by a man who knows the secret of making dreams come true. This special secret, it seems to me, can be summarized in four C's. They are Curiosity, Confidence, Courage and Constancy, and the greatest is Confidence. When you believe a thing, believe it all over, implicitly and unquestioningly."

--- Walt Disney

disneyimagineer is offline You may notice that I'm not all here myself
    My aunt and uncle live and own a camp in Brevard. I'll ask them if they know anything.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."-Walt Disney
    TTFN, Ta Ta For Now!
    Can you stand on your head?

CaribbeanMouse is offline A-Ticket holder
    Really? What's the name of the camp? I've been to one there.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Somehow I can't believe there are many heights that can't be scaled by a man who knows the secret of making dreams come true. This special secret, it seems to me, can be summarized in four C's. They are Curiosity, Confidence, Courage and Constancy, and the greatest is Confidence. When you believe a thing, believe it all over, implicitly and unquestioningly."

--- Walt Disney

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I've heard that Disney is considering creating more regional entertainment areas... they could be buying it to create a new resort/destination to add to the Disney Vacation Club list...

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

disneyimagineer is offline You may notice that I'm not all here myself
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    I've heard that Disney is considering creating more regional entertainment areas... they could be buying it to create a new resort/destination to add to the Disney Vacation Club list...
    That's what I was thinking, cause a lot of people from Atlanta come up there to get to the mountains. I go to the mountains there every summer for the 4th of July.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."-Walt Disney
    TTFN, Ta Ta For Now!
    Can you stand on your head?

Quote Originally Posted by CaribbeanMouse View Post
    Granted, this doesn't quite have to do with Disney World proper, but I couldn't think where else to post this. If anyone knows a better spot, let me know?

I recently heard through a carpet rep (long story) that Disney had bought 900 acres in/around Brevard, NC. Any ideas if this is true, and if so, why would they be buying a bunch of land in NC, particularly Brevard? Granted, it is beautiful up there.
    Thats where my grandma lives!!!! That would be totaly awesome if they build up there
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?