Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss News on the Epcot wand in the News & Rumors forums; no its not bad to like it i dont mind it but the disney purest hate it with a passion...
    BeastlyKingdom? is offline finally in college... hello disney college program
    no its not bad to like it i dont mind it but the disney purest hate it with a passion
    the only 18 year old boy who like disney more than girls......... nvm disney is a close 2nd

I think back on why i am so strange now i know why .... I blame Disney but i still love it

" we have always tried to be guided by the basic idea that, in the discovery of knowledge, there is great entertainment."
    - walt disney

SuperStarKerri is offline It's all good.
    I didn't have a problem with the wand. But honestly, I think it'll look better without it.
    Love, Kerri

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I really hope this happens.

BellHopper is offline C-Ticket Holder
    hmmmm.... i don't really know where i stand on the whole wand issue, i like the wand, i think it jazzed it up a little it but i love the old classic sse. but i think once i see it with the wand off again,i'll be sure its the right call.
    BellHopper:
    Isn't WDW just a people trap operated by a mouse?

D23 Charter Member

dcd1701 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I am a Disney purist, yet I love the Wand!!!. It adds a nice pizazz to SSE. I will be sad to see it come down. I was looking to take my family on a long weekend to DIS in August, but it is really booked up (DVC). Also, SSE is closed through November according to the offical website. looks like the big refurb is underway. I gotta wonder of the Wand will be there on our next trip in October

Andyxox is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Do you think the Wand will be Seimens call when they refurb SSE?

dcd1701 is offline A-Ticket holder
    hmmmm. good question. I would lean towards no, but anything is possible when the check you are writing is big enuf!

Maybe Disney could think of something else to put in the wands place, that would still add pizazz, but at the same time not aggravate those who dont like it inthe first place

BrotherHuet is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Well I think really the problem is that It was simply just a misplaced thing.

It served no purpose.

It was a giant mickey hand holding a magic wand leaning against spaceship earth which has nothing to do with magic, disney characters, fantasia, disney movies etc etc etc.

It is a journey through communication and the "weenie" of Epcot which is a park about the future and foreign culture. So I was always confused as to of all things they could have put there they chose a magic wand with mickeys arm...
    August 1983 Contemporary (Just one year old!)
    August 1986 Contemporary
    August 1987 Contemporary
    August 1988 Contemporary
    August 1989 Polynesian
    August 1990 Contemporary
    August 1991 Contemporary
    August 1992 Polynesian
    August 1993 Polynesian
    August 1995 All Star Sports/Polynesian
    August 1996 All Star Music/Polynesian
    January 1998 Polynesian
    March 2000 All Star Music (Senior class trip)
    July/August 2003 Off Property
    September 2006 All Star Music
    January 2007 Pop Century
    October 2009 Disneyland-Alpine Inn (off property)
    November 2010 Pop Century
    June 2012 Grand Californian

BeastlyKingdom? is offline finally in college... hello disney college program
    I wonder if we will see it on Ebay if they take it down?
    the only 18 year old boy who like disney more than girls......... nvm disney is a close 2nd

I think back on why i am so strange now i know why .... I blame Disney but i still love it

" we have always tried to be guided by the basic idea that, in the discovery of knowledge, there is great entertainment."
    - walt disney

SuperStarKerri is offline It's all good.
    ha ha ha big money!
    Love, Kerri

shupirates is offline A-Ticket holder
    I heard that they will put up a new wand or sign that has something to do with epcots 25th birthday

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Quote Originally Posted by shupirates View Post
    I heard that they will put up a new wand or sign that has something to do with epcots 25th birthday
    Welcome to the site! I was wondering what they were going to do with EPCOT's Birthday. I hope its something good, not just a new wand or whatever.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

NH Disney Drmr is offline B-Ticket Holder
    New Hampshire - too far away from the magic :(
    I would love to see the wand gone. I personally would like to see the sorcerer's hat gone from MGM also. It ruined the front of the Great Movie Ride in my opinion.
    NH Disney Drmr

October 5, 2013....Mother
    & Daughter trip. She's 16, I'm 40+...Who says Disney is just for kids.

Andyxox is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I think it would be cool for Epcot's 25th to have a video/lights presentation in the fountain area at night, before Illuminations, about the history of EPCOT Center. Video would be projected on SSE, sans wand. It would 1st show Walt Disney talking about his dreams for EPCOT Center, then it would go through Construction, then show clips of opening day, then it would have a slide show of Extinct or Modified attractions while playing that attractions old music, all the while the fountains and lights are changing colors, ect. Just like a history/tribute show to EPCOT, taking place in the fountain area, then right after that, people would make their way to the lagoon for Illuminations. The ball is big enough so that video can be seen throughout the World Showcase, so the speakers next to the lagoon could be playing the shows soundtrack, while the speakers closer to the country could just be playing the country's soundtrack.

Just my 2 cents...

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    Have to admit it i love the wand. It evokes all the Magic for me. You have the Scorcerer's hat at MGM, Thae Castle at MK, The tree at AK, and the wand rounds out SSE as a Disney icon for me.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast