Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss News on the Epcot wand in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by Sparrowni2010 Ok...I just spoke with a fellow cast member who works at EPCOT....he said that the wand is down but it IS going back up NEXT YEAR......so, ...
    nbodyhome is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrowni2010 View Post
    Ok...I just spoke with a fellow cast member who works at EPCOT....he said that the wand is down but it IS going back up NEXT YEAR......so, sorry folks, I guess I misinterpreted what my managers said.
    Why would they put it up after taking it down? I knew that it was supposed to be on a 10 year plan (I do know someone who gets information from sources, and I was not happy when I found that out). But the Epcot 25th happens in 3 weeks. Spaceship Earth looks beautiful now, I can't imagine they'd want to make it ugly again?

The canopies are supposed to be coming down as well, a lot seems to be going back to it's original pre-wand glory for it's 25th.
    Last edited by nbodyhome; 09-10-2007 at 12:50 PM.

Are you a cast member? Because I've been hearing from my managers that they have plans to have it back up for EPCOT's birthday which is soon....or at least something on top of SSE to commemorate the date. 25 years is a big deal...they're not going to leave SSE blank.
    No, but I knew before most people did that it was coming down. I certainly don't expect it to be going back up (or anything else, since it looks beautiful now). I'd be happy if they moved the stones also from the front of the park. Epcot was beautiful when it opened in 1982, and they are getting back to that now.

After 30 years of visiting Walt Disney World, I think this is a very exciting time for Epcot fans.
    Last edited by nbodyhome; 09-10-2007 at 12:32 PM.

I've been told by my managers. I work in MGM, yes I realize this is not Epcot...but seeing as EPCOT's 25th birthday is coming up soon, they do have plans to do something...I don't know what, maybe it won't be the wand....tell you what, I will ask my managers again today because maybe I misinterpreted what they said...and I will let you all know tomorrow at the latest.

They are doing something for the 25th. The plan was not to celebrate it at all - but there is quite a bit planned at this point, a rush job of sorts, thanks to a couple of Disney fans who pushed the issue (and thanks to Jim MacPhee).

Spaceship Earth was "blank" and beautiful for 17 years before they added the wand. That is the point - the 25th anniversary now is going back more to what Epcot was. The park was GREAT in 1982 when it opened, I miss many of the old attractions. But at least SE is back to normal, and I guess the logo might be coming back as well (Epcot Center, yay!)
    Last edited by nbodyhome; 09-10-2007 at 12:48 PM.

04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day
    Ok...I just spoke with a fellow cast member who works at EPCOT....he said that the wand is down but it IS going back up NEXT YEAR......so, sorry folks, I guess I misinterpreted what my managers said.
    All I have to say is, BOOOOOOOO! Leave SSE alone! BOOOOOOOO!
    i'm not trying to be mean to him, i'm just unhappy with the decision he's announced to us.
    BOOOOOOOOOO!

Sparrowni2010 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    then maybe they took it down for the 25th, in order to make it look like it did 25 years ago....but like I said, it will be back up sometime next year. Sorry for the confusion.

then maybe they took it down for the 25th, in order to make it look like it did 25 years ago....but like I said, it will be back up sometime next year. Sorry for the confusion.
    Okay...why would they spend like 3 months to take it down, just to spend another 3 months to put it back up again next year?

It makes no sense. I mentioned it to my source, who is the one who told me about the permits (to take it down) to begin with. There are a lot of plans, but putting the wand back up isn't one of them. I do believe that! Now if they'd get rid of the hat at MGM, I'd be happy.

broncos271 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    wow
    Its a Small World after all.

BrotherHuet is offline B-Ticket Holder
    There is no way it is going up next year. That is a) completely unlogical. Why would they take it down just to have the hassle and expense of putting it back up? b) i believe public opinion has spoken on the matter and almost everyone hates it...
    August 1983 Contemporary (Just one year old!)
    August 1986 Contemporary
    August 1987 Contemporary
    August 1988 Contemporary
    August 1989 Polynesian
    August 1990 Contemporary
    August 1991 Contemporary
    August 1992 Polynesian
    August 1993 Polynesian
    August 1995 All Star Sports/Polynesian
    August 1996 All Star Music/Polynesian
    January 1998 Polynesian
    March 2000 All Star Music (Senior class trip)
    July/August 2003 Off Property
    September 2006 All Star Music
    January 2007 Pop Century
    October 2009 Disneyland-Alpine Inn (off property)
    November 2010 Pop Century
    June 2012 Grand Californian

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I have to agree here... the wand removal was a huge expense for Disney to have taken on and I seriously doubt that it'll go right back up. Now that's not to say *something* won't go up in it's place eventually but I have to agree that the wand going back up seems to defy logic.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

tawnilai is offline D-Ticket Holder
    i like the wand it added disney magic.... otherwise it doesnt seem so disney like.. i dunno i like the wand and the mgm hat

"Dream Dare Belive Do"- Walt Disney

broncos271 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    i like the wand too. im sad they took it down. now sse just looks bald.
    Its a Small World after all.

I think the video rests the case that the wand will ever go back up.

My first time seeing SE was in 1982 (fully built), then they put the wand up in 1999 (yuck), and it's beautiful again in 2007. 8 years was a really long time for a temporary structure to be on it.

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    i agree i love the wand and SSE does look naked!!! but pick one or the other down or up bc i cant have my emotions toyed with like that lol!!! i need to get used to it one way or the other lol!!!!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

Sparrowni2010 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    why is everyone so angry? like...omg...chill out! and I found out yet again....that I was misinformed....Siemans does not want the wand on top of SSE since they took it over...I don't understand why everyone hated it anyway...I never heard anything but good things about it until I came on this board. Jeez.

Just forget I ever said anything and lets go back to everyone being happy, kay?

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    take a deep breath... we are all just nosey and want to know what is happening to our beloved disney world no matter what happens we will still love it!!!! o yeah let the breath out now!!!! lol!!!!!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast