Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss News on the Epcot wand in the News & Rumors forums; LOL!! No one is angry. This is what forums are all about... especially these. You post something you have to be prepared for mixed responses. It's nothing personal!...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    LOL!! No one is angry. This is what forums are all about... especially these. You post something you have to be prepared for mixed responses. It's nothing personal!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Well this morning on her way to school, my daughter told me that she thought Pirates had come and stolen The Wand out of Epcot. So, that ought to lighten the mood around here and smooth any ruffled feathers.

I was doing some serious chuckling over that theory!
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

Sparrowni2010 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    sorry...i tend to get really defensive when it comes to me being right or wrong...I'm Italian, I can't help it.....plus I think I'm in the midst of that womanly time.....heh

BrotherHuet is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by tawnilai View Post
    i like the wand it added disney magic.... otherwise it doesnt seem so disney like.. i dunno i like the wand and the mgm hat
    Well I think that was actually part of the problem...

Epcot wasn't suppose to be completly "disney." It was suppose to be different. It was suppose to be futeristic, and experimental, and those were the things that made it magic...

It had an independant magic that didnt need the aid of a giant sparkly mickey wand. It was out of place, had nothing to do with the attraction and has nothing to do with the themeing of future world, or the entire park. Why would it be there? It was just a cheap (relativly speaking) way for disney to look like it was doing something and it was a failure. It was in all technical terms a complete backfire.

Not that I would have liked it at all but if it was say a rocket ship flying over Spaceship Earth it would make sense. If it was set of planets orbitting it would make sense but a giant magic wand in a "city of tomorrow"...why?
    August 1983 Contemporary (Just one year old!)
    August 1986 Contemporary
    August 1987 Contemporary
    August 1988 Contemporary
    August 1989 Polynesian
    August 1990 Contemporary
    August 1991 Contemporary
    August 1992 Polynesian
    August 1993 Polynesian
    August 1995 All Star Sports/Polynesian
    August 1996 All Star Music/Polynesian
    January 1998 Polynesian
    March 2000 All Star Music (Senior class trip)
    July/August 2003 Off Property
    September 2006 All Star Music
    January 2007 Pop Century
    October 2009 Disneyland-Alpine Inn (off property)
    November 2010 Pop Century
    June 2012 Grand Californian

tawnilai is offline D-Ticket Holder
    i dunno i just like it... that ball just seems naked

"Dream Dare Belive Do"- Walt Disney

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678