Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Disney Opened until 2 am in the News & Rumors forums; I recently called to make reservations for Disney world in July. When I asked about extended hours for the parks.. They told me Magic Kingdom would be open until 2 ...
    allysondontcare is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Disney Opened until 2 am

I recently called to make reservations for Disney world in July. When I asked about extended hours for the parks.. They told me Magic Kingdom would be open until 2 am. (on July 13) I went on Disney website and it say the extended magic hours were until 11pm. So confused of course, I called Disney back and they confirmed that magic kingdom would be open until 2am. When I asked them why.. Their response was "its a secret" Does anyone know whats going on that night? Or why the park is gonna be opened until 2 am?

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Well, could it be Extra Magic Hours??? I have no other idea.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by allysondontcare View Post
    I recently called to make reservations for Disney world in July. When I asked about extended hours for the parks.. They told me Magic Kingdom would be open until 2 am. (on July 13) I went on Disney website and it say the extended magic hours were until 11pm. So confused of course, I called Disney back and they confirmed that magic kingdom would be open until 2am. When I asked them why.. Their response was "its a secret" Does anyone know whats going on that night? Or why the park is gonna be opened until 2 am?

to the boards, allysondontcare!

It looks like you misunderstood the way the calendar on the Disney Web Site works. The times shown on the calendar are the 'regular' park hours (for all guests). If it says "Extra Magic Hours" underneath the times, that means that there are Extra Magic Hours that day, but you have to click on the link to see if they are morning or evening ones. On July 13th, the hours say until 11 p.m., and there are evening Extra Magic Hours, which means the Magic Kingdom will be open to resort guests only for up to 3 hours after regular park closing. So 11 p.m. plus 3 extra magic hours = 2 a.m. closing

As far as I've heard, there isn't anything going on special that night at the Magic Kingdom, but over at Disney-MGM Studios there is an Annual Passholder only event from 10:30 p.m. - midnight to celebrate the 13th anniversary of Tower of Terror.

Have a great time!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Andyxox is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I just bought single day passes for Epcot only, non-hopper. The day I'm going says there's extra magic hours in the morning. Is there some special ticket I need to get in early? Or the ones I just bought will get me in?

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyxox View Post
    I just bought single day passes for Epcot only, non-hopper. The day I'm going says there's extra magic hours in the morning. Is there some special ticket I need to get in early? Or the ones I just bought will get me in?

If you stay at a Disney Resort your room key is all you need.
    Eric

Andyxox is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by jacketsfan683 View Post
    If you stay at a Disney Resort your room key is all you need.
    That's the only way, huh?

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    The only way I know.
    Eric

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Yep, Extra Magic Hours are for WDW resort guests only.

AlecTronic is offline Fear The Ears
    I remember that on July 4th of last year, regular hours at the Magic Kingdom were until 1 AM, so EMH ran until 4 AM. Yes, I was there, and Jungle Cruise is awesome at 3:15 in the morning.

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by allysondontcare View Post
    I just checked the calendar at disneyworld.com. It says that on July 13, normal closing time for MK is 11AM, and EMH are in the evening. Evening EMH are always three hours following park closing, thus the 2AM time they gave you.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the boards!!! At my age I am lucky to make it to 11 PM at WDW; but open to 2 AM would have been grrreat for me 30 years ago.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I made it to 1:30 am the last time I was there. Traffic is great at that time of the day.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

CaribbeanMouse is offline A-Ticket holder
    I was riding Splash Mountain at 2 or 2:30 am...great fun! Its always neat to see the parks at night, anyways, so that just gives you extra time to look around!

Just don't expect to get up too early the next morning!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Somehow I can't believe there are many heights that can't be scaled by a man who knows the secret of making dreams come true. This special secret, it seems to me, can be summarized in four C's. They are Curiosity, Confidence, Courage and Constancy, and the greatest is Confidence. When you believe a thing, believe it all over, implicitly and unquestioningly."

--- Walt Disney

disneygurl4ever is offline A-Ticket holder
    We do extra magic hours all the time and I can stay as late as they're open and then crash that night (morning?) and sleep till lunch but my parents at mid-night say its tim eto leave because its late and i need to sleep. Who sleeps at disney?

NH Disney Drmr is offline B-Ticket Holder
    New Hampshire - too far away from the magic :(
    When we get there on July 21st, there is also a couple of nights that the MK has extended hours in the evening. I would love to stay till the wee hours of the morning, but I highly doubt my daughters and husband could last that long. If I were on my own, I would do it in an instant. It has to be amazing. I love the parks after dark.
    NH Disney Drmr

October 5, 2013....Mother
    & Daughter trip. She's 16, I'm 40+...Who says Disney is just for kids.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast