Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Aventureland to become Pirateland? in the News & Rumors forums; This is probably just one of those outrageous articles printed just to make people talk, guess what? It's working! I wouldn't worry too much about it actually happening....
    Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    This is probably just one of those outrageous articles printed just to make people talk, guess what? It's working! I wouldn't worry too much about it actually happening.

SuperStarKerri is offline It's all good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    This is probably just one of those outrageous articles printed just to make people talk, guess what? It's working! I wouldn't worry too much about it actually happening.
    Absolutely agreed.
    Love, Kerri

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney05 View Post
    Just wait till the new Indiana Jones movie comes out next year.
    You'll have to pardon my pessimism, but I'll believe that when I seen a preview. They've been talkin' Indy IV for the last fifteen years.

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydarling View Post
    Now Indiana Jones Land I could get in to...
    Oh dear....If that ever happened, I would have to allocate at least a day just for that "land".....

CC, at least you'd know where to find Jake & AJ when they go missing
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer13 View Post
    CC, at least you'd know where to find Jake & AJ when they go missing
    Something like when AJ decided to hide out in the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground...Would I need to promise both of them that we will go find some candy so that we could leave that land? I've seen them team up at 50s Prime Time, I know what they're capable of! "No, we don't wannaaaaaaa" AJ:*pouts*, Jake:*kicks*.

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    I've seen them team up at 50s Prime Time, I know what they're capable of! "No, we don't wannaaaaaaa" AJ:*pouts*, Jake:*kicks*.
    And i'm sure Jake was 100% to blame, AJ looks way too sweet to ever cause any trouble without being helped!!! Shame on you Jake!!!!
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

snuffieslady626 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I dont want to see the Swiss Family House changed, but I would LOVE to see the Black Pearl & the Pirate Coaster sounds great. Why not add on? Is there a land issue? I understand where some could be sick of pirates, but I also can see where WDW could suffer from Harry Potter going to Universal. They need to have something to bring in the older kids.
    This is your badness level.

It's unusually high
    for someone your size.

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    Here at Hong Kong Disneyland they temporarily changed Adventureland to Pirateland, and its doing just fine here, there's no really new attractions, just some carnival style games, three new shows, and the renaming of some of the attractions.

I think a change as big as the one mentioned is a bit too far...although a coaster in Adventureland would be pretty neato.
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

bosco837 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have an idea....keep the name adventureland, but add attractions that are adventurous. Such as a Black Pearl Coaster or an Indiana Jones adventure ride (there is one somewhere I think). This keeps the adventure in adventureland.
    PLLLLLEEEEEAAAASSSEEEE EDDDDDIIIEEE!!!!!

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"
    Quote Originally Posted by bosco837 View Post
    I have an idea....keep the name adventureland, but add attractions that are adventurous. Such as a Black Pearl Coaster or an Indiana Jones adventure ride (there is one somewhere I think). This keeps the adventure in adventureland.
    I like this idea. Adventureland is not my favorite land in MK. It is usually an afterthought for me except for Pirates. I do love it. Adventureland needs more adventure, but keep the classics.

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I wouldn't mind the Swiss Family tree house being replaced with the Black Pearl but that's as far as it goes. NO PIRATE THEMED TIKI ROOM!! Honestly, this sounds like a joke!
    I can certainly understand Disney's need to squeeze what the Pirates thing is worth I mean, what else do they have that appeals to boys? Buzz Lightyear?
    Last edited by Dragonrider1227; 07-09-2007 at 10:46 PM.

HiddenMick is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I agree with staying close to Walt's dream, but change is what keeps Disney at the forefront of it's industries. So many other parks lag behind Disney because they make you want to come back to see the changes. Imagine if nothing had ever changed at WDW. I know I don't want to go back to my local amusement park < King's Island in Ohio, becuase there isn't enough change. Everything has been the same for years and I am bored. I don't want to see a park full of Princess and Pirate themes but Disney is facing huge competition from Universal with the Harry Potter stuff. Pirates could be a great way to counter that.
    no absoluteley not. you don't change Adventureland to Pirateland because Universal Studios is adding Harry Potter.
    and you don't stay CLOSE to Walt's Dream you stay RIGHT ON TRACK!!

JEEZ now i'm P.O. i'm going to Drink some lemonade
    Can't run away from Trouble, ain't no place that far.

HiddenMick is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape View Post
    You'll have to pardon my pessimism, but I'll believe that when I seen a preview. They've been talkin' Indy IV for the last fifteen years.
    just cuz you haven't seen a preview yet doesn't mean you can't believe it

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    I absolutely love pirates but would hate to see adventureland rethemed to a pirateland, stick with the classics!
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMick View Post
    no absoluteley not. you don't change Adventureland to Pirateland because Universal Studios is adding Harry Potter.
    and you don't stay CLOSE to Walt's Dream you stay RIGHT ON TRACK!!

JEEZ now i'm P.O. i'm going to Drink some lemonade
    Ok, if we are going to stay right on track then we should close MGM and AK as well as the Water Parks too unless we can find original plans in Walt's desk for these ideas. Change has to happen. People will never stop going to Disney but you have to keep those people who aren't addicts like us from coming back.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast