Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Aventureland to become Pirateland? in the News & Rumors forums; screamscape.com reports Along with their own look at the Harry Potter madness going on at Universal, Jim Hill Media also has a good little bit of info about a proposal ...
    BeastlyKingdom? is offline finally in college... hello disney college program

Aventureland to become Pirateland?

screamscape.com reports

Along with their own look at the Harry Potter madness going on at Universal, Jim Hill Media also has a good little bit of info about a proposal to have Pirates take over of Adventureland. Seems like the Tortuga restaurant is just one of many ideas that would see the the Pirates theme begin at the Adventureland gates and carry through all the way to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride itself. Nothing has been approved of course and shakeups within Imagineering may see these plans being shelved forever, but it including the replacing of the Swiss Treehouse with a new Black Pearl ship guests could explore, a new Pirate version of the Tiki Bird show and even a new outdoor coaster ride that would tie into the proposed storyline for a 4th Pirates film where they quest to find the Fountain of Youth. (Jim compared it to a Pirate themed version of the Raging Spirits coaster installed at Tokyo DisneySea in concept.)
    the only 18 year old boy who like disney more than girls......... nvm disney is a close 2nd

I think back on why i am so strange now i know why .... I blame Disney but i still love it

" we have always tried to be guided by the basic idea that, in the discovery of knowledge, there is great entertainment."
    - walt disney

wdwcj138 is offline A-Ticket holder
    That sounds SWEAT

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    When does pirate Mania end? I'm not a Pirate basher by anymeans but Adventure land should be kept as Adventureland. i know some stuff like the Swiss family Robinson Tree Hosue isn't always a huge draw, but to change the Tiki Room? That's just wrong!
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I agree completely, I would be outraged to see Adventureland change to "Pirateland". Although I like the PotC attraction, I still love things like the Tiki Room, Swiss Family Treehouse, and Jungle Cruise. All this Pirates stuff is kinda making me sick, oh and leave Tom Sawyer Island alone too!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    I'm not a pirate basher either, but we have to stick to the classics! I mean, I like the movies and the ride , but changing Adventureland would be too much. That would change Walt's dream!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    DIdn't they just finish some kind of refurb job on Swiss Family Treehouse? It was shut down when I was there last month. Do you relly think they would take it down?
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

BeastlyKingdom? is offline finally in college... hello disney college program
    Also Jim Hill also put stuff out that screamscape did not he said if they did they would most likely keep Jungle Cruse and the Magic carpets alone

but i agree with the rest of you PotC ride is fine also maybe a PotC resturant too which most likely will happen and thats it
    the only 18 year old boy who like disney more than girls......... nvm disney is a close 2nd

I think back on why i am so strange now i know why .... I blame Disney but i still love it

" we have always tried to be guided by the basic idea that, in the discovery of knowledge, there is great entertainment."
    - walt disney

I love Pirates of the Caribbean, and I would love seeing the Pirate themed coaster installed (and there's a fourth movie? sweet!) but I think they should leave Adventureland as Adventureland. That Pirate roller coaster sounds like it could be a lot of fun though, Magic Kingdom needs another coaster i think, BTMRR and SM are getting a little old (I still love them though!)
    All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney

The problem is not the problem; the problem is your attitude about the problem - Captain Jack Sparrow

Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever - Walt Disney

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    Ughh Enough Of The Pirates Already!!!!!!!!!!
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Pirate overexposure aside, this sounds like a very dangerous proposition--ninjas flip out enough already as it is.........

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyfanatic101 View Post
    I'm not a pirate basher either, but we have to stick to the classics! I mean, I like the movies and the ride , but changing Adventureland would be too much. That would change Walt's dream!
    I agree with staying close to Walt's dream, but change is what keeps Disney at the forefront of it's industries. So many other parks lag behind Disney because they make you want to come back to see the changes. Imagine if nothing had ever changed at WDW. I know I don't want to go back to my local amusement park < King's Island in Ohio, becuase there isn't enough change. Everything has been the same for years and I am bored. I don't want to see a park full of Princess and Pirate themes but Disney is facing huge competition from Universal with the Harry Potter stuff. Pirates could be a great way to counter that.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

athenna is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Boston,SSR, AKLV, Will's ship, Balian's castle
    I can see both side of this...I am POTC obsessed so I would love it However, I can see why those who want it to remain the same!

I got engaged @ WDW 1/24/10

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I like pirates and all but even i think this is to much.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Quote Originally Posted by bucknut20 View Post
    I like pirates and all but even i think this is to much.
    Ok. But Pirate themes are what the new crowds want. Disney can't stay viable to teens or tweens with Mickey Mouse while Universal is attracting them with Harry Potter. I think they adapt or falter and fall behind.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I cant take enough of the Pirates anymore. I dont understand why they would ever want to base another attraction off of an already existing one. I know that Pirates is appealing now and its a big thing, but give some of the other attractions a chance too. Who knows how profitable a Big Thunder Mountain movie would be! But that doesnt mean that I would want another Big Thunder attraction or area. The thing that makes the Magic Kingdom so great is the diversity of its attractions and lands. One moment you can be in the old west and then in a few minutes taking a ride through space. Please, big executives over at Disney, dont ruin this by over-exposing pirates more than it already is!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast