Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss Grand Floridian Lobby Refurb in the News & Rumors forums; Was told that the lobby will begin to undergo construction in 03/08. They will close off sections to replace the tiles with marble....
    jcv229 is offline A-Ticket holder

Grand Floridian Lobby Refurb

Was told that the lobby will begin to undergo construction in 03/08. They will close off sections to replace the tiles with marble.

Lil Magic's Mom is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Our neighbor is a 20+ yr employee of Disney is the main man at the Floridian and they have actually been working on different areas already. I was told by him that they are only allowed to work M-F 9-5. And it's his job to verify all work being performed.
    Only 15 minutes from the back gate of the most wonderful place on Earth!!!

jcv229 is offline A-Ticket holder

Lobby work appearance

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Magic's Mom View Post
    Our neighbor is a 20+ yr employee of Disney is the main man at the Floridian and they have actually been working on different areas already. I was told by him that they are only allowed to work M-F 9-5. And it's his job to verify all work being performed.

Does he have any idea on how they plan to do the lobby? I was told they will be closing it in sections and using draping to the ceiling to conceal the contruction area. Very curious as to how the lobby will appear during this time frame .

Caribbean Lady is offline Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas
    I haven't heard anything about it, I love th lobby it's so pretty! I hope they don't change it too much!
    tale as old as time...

It's official... I'm too far away from the Magic
    When you wish upon a star...