Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors Discuss What If? in the News & Rumors forums; What If..... Discovery Island was refurbished enough to become Pirate Island......... If EPCOT added more countries say Austraila and Egypt........ If Animal Kingdom did add Beastly Kingdom......... If MGM refurbished ...
    Disneyfreak5 is offline A-Ticket holder

What If?

What If..... Discovery Island was refurbished enough to become Pirate Island......... If EPCOT added more countries say Austraila and Egypt........ If Animal Kingdom did add Beastly Kingdom......... If MGM refurbished rides like Star Tours and The Great Movie Ride That makes it so guests don't come and go to one park

I can dream can't I. Tell if you agree with me
    12 year old disney expert

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    The Old Discovery Island becomign Pirate Island would be very cool. Think they could have a pirate themes baot and british navey themed boat transporting guests there.

I'd love it if EPCOT added Egypt or Australia, there is certianly room where the Africa pavilion was going to be.. India would be great too, Imagine a Taj Mahal in Florida

If they replaced Camp Mickey Minnnie with beastly Kingdomme as ariginally planned AK would truly become an all day aprk. Most people only spend half a day there, hiut the big rides, see a show and off they go.

Star tours definitley needs a refurb, it's bfeeling a little tattered and dated these days. They do add things to the montage at the end of the Geat Movie ride. POTC clips are in there now.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Africa is a country and does have its pavilion. Those stands there are "africa's" place in the World Showcase. The countries have to pay to be there and they pay to keep up their pavilion so thats why thing arent refurbished as often.

It would be cool if more countries were added but right now they all come visit during the food and wine festival!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I get the feeling that those Pirate clips are to heat things up that the Great Movie Ride is going to cut off one scene to put in a POTC scene.

I would really love to see an Egypt pavillion makes it's way to EPCOT with a ride based about mummies.

Australia would really work out for Animal Kingdom with a land full of the countries animals.
    Last edited by ChampDisney; 06-23-2007 at 06:05 PM.

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Supposedly the rumor is that the Alien scene would be taken out and replaced by Pirates. A lot of young children and teens have never seen Alien (except on the GMR)

And the pavilions and whats in them are completely up to the country. For example, the Germany pavilion was supposed to have a raft ride in it, but it was pulled out during the planning of it because Germany (the country/government) decided not to spend that money on it.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

dcd1701 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I would love to see Egypt in EPCOT along with a mummy ride of some kind. Im sure everyone will say that it is to compete against The Mummy ride at Universal, but who cares. A fun ride is a fun ride! How cool would it be to see one of the pyramids across the lagoon!!!???

BrotherHuet is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak5 View Post
    What If..... Discovery Island was refurbished enough to become Pirate Island......... If EPCOT added more countries say Austraila and Egypt........ If Animal Kingdom did add Beastly Kingdom......... If MGM refurbished rides like Star Tours and The Great Movie Ride That makes it so guests don't come and go to one park

I can dream can't I. Tell if you agree with me
    I actually hope nothing else gets a pirates over haul. I think they should come up with a newer, better, more original idea for discovery island. I am sick of Pirates.

But Beastly Kingdom would be awesome. Just change the name. I always thought the name was horrible.

I would love to see more countries in WSC. Egypt would be awesome. I would love to see India though. Maybe Ireland. A replica of Blarney Castle!!!!

Star Tours is desperate for some love and so is the Great Movie Ride. I am a disney purist and I hate to see things changed to much but Alien is a little out of place in that ride. I really dont consider it a "classic". I wouldnt be so upset it was gone. Although i do have wonderful memories of my brother being scared to death during that part of the ride. If they change it to anything Please GOD don't let it be Pirates.
    August 1983 Contemporary (Just one year old!)
    August 1986 Contemporary
    August 1987 Contemporary
    August 1988 Contemporary
    August 1989 Polynesian
    August 1990 Contemporary
    August 1991 Contemporary
    August 1992 Polynesian
    August 1993 Polynesian
    August 1995 All Star Sports/Polynesian
    August 1996 All Star Music/Polynesian
    January 1998 Polynesian
    March 2000 All Star Music (Senior class trip)
    July/August 2003 Off Property
    September 2006 All Star Music
    January 2007 Pop Century
    October 2009 Disneyland-Alpine Inn (off property)
    November 2010 Pop Century
    June 2012 Disneyland - Grand Californian
    November 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

miss minnie is offline A-Ticket holder
    I would hate to see Alien replaced with Pirates. I mean, the GMR is so younger generations can see small clips if you will of older movies. We already have a Pirates ride, why do we need to force it into everything.

I'll admit I've never seen Alien but I will never forget having the living daylights scared out of me on that ride with all my cousins when I was 7 years old. I don't need to connect it to a movie to make a funny memory.

Stacey
    " When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do."
    -Walt Disney

stitch918 is offline A-Ticket holder
    In regards to Epcot adding a new country, some disney guide book (I can't remember which one) said that a new country heavy in mythology was in the works. So maybe we can visit Egypt in Florida soon!
    Dropping out and moving to Disney World because characters only have to be sixteen.

Mustard! Now let's not be silly!

ChampDisney is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by stitch918 View Post
    In regards to Epcot adding a new country, some disney guide book (I can't remember which one) said that a new country heavy in mythology was in the works. So maybe we can visit Egypt in Florida soon!
    We already can anyways just visit Busch Gardens & you'll see what i'm talking about.

Anyways, Egypt will be a great exciting new pavillion located at EPCOT with a mummy attraction to scare some guests but I don't think it will deal with any competion towards Universal Studios. As it has a movie based indoor coaster which of course Disney will make their own storyline & a coaster just won't manage to fit.

Disneyfreak5 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Could the country high in Myths be Greece
    12 year old disney expert

Greece would be great and I could totally see them doing it because it's heavy in culture and food
    Dropping out and moving to Disney World because characters only have to be sixteen.

And while you may be able to visit Egypt in Florida already, you can't in Disney World and everyone knows that Disney does everything best